Strange Audio Behavior - and a Fix

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
NekujaK

19 Mar 2018

For the past week, I've been recording a 6-hour voice-over narration project, and today when I came back to my Reason session to resume recording, I nearly had a heart attack. All of the voice-over audio I had recorded earlier in the week suddenly sounded like it was doubled or phasey, or kind of like it was vocoded. The material I recorded a day ago was fine, but everything prior to that was corrupted.

I removed all insert effects and master bus effects, restarted Reason, but nothing cured the problem.

After poking around, I finally discovered that opening a corrupted audio clip in the pitch editor (and doing nothing) cleared up the problem, but only for that clip. The narration is made up of hundreds of clips, so I wasn't looking forward to spending all day opening and closing each one. Luckily, I found a more streamlined solution... I was able to eliminate the problem by selecting all of the corrupted clips and changing their Stretch and Transpose Type to Vocal (it originally defaults to Allround). Whew!

Don't know how or why the clips got corrupted in the first place, never encountered that before, but I'm glad there was a relatively easy fix.
Last edited by NekujaK on 20 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Raveshaper

20 Mar 2018

It would be nice if there was a way to see the original tempo that a clip was recorded in. It sounds like the project tempo was somehow changed during the process of recording. It seems like there is a setting that shows original recording speed but I work with audio so rarely I don't know how to find it. Anybody know?
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

NekujaK

20 Mar 2018

D'oh!! :oops: Tempo!! I should've known that. Yeah, the tempo was apparently nudged about a day ago by 1 bpm.

So nevermind... it wasn't a bug, but plain old pilot error.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

EdGrip

20 Mar 2018

There's a knob on my LaunchKey controller that defaults to adjusting tempo in Reason. It still catches me out.

• Information