Pitch Control questions on Vocals

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

19 Mar 2018

Loving my upgarde to R10

Experimenting more with track pitch correction and need better unstanding about how others approaching this

I've successfully corrrected some small vocal flats or runs yet I've also overdone it at times. ( origin track preserved

Wondering how others have dealt with the approach to this.

When I orignially click on pitch correction tab I just adjsut a few notes
I've tried the correct all tab as well

3 questions

using pitch control vs Neptune your experiance?

I've got 3 vocal tracks and I was manually adjust each successfully. Then last night my computer was too slow to deal with any adjstment. Does having vocal tracks in Pitch adjust eat up CPU?

I figured yes so I tried "bouncing track in place" but when I doubleclicked the track after the bounce they still appeared to be in pitch edit?

So After I pitch correct a track how should deal with it? Bounce it How? O will it always be in pitch correct when I double click the track?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EnochLight

20 Mar 2018

calebbrennan wrote:
19 Mar 2018
3 questions

using pitch control vs Neptune your experiance?
Reason's Audio Pitch Editor is more akin to Melodyne Essentials, and sounds far better than Neptune. If you want robotic or limited, go with Neptune. If you want deep control and natural, go with Reason's Audio Pitch Editor. That said, YMMV...
I've got 3 vocal tracks and I was manually adjust each successfully. Then last night my computer was too slow to deal with any adjstment. Does having vocal tracks in Pitch adjust eat up CPU?

I figured yes so I tried "bouncing track in place" but when I doubleclicked the track after the bounce they still appeared to be in pitch edit?
It shouldn't, but that said - did you try deleting unused audio and samples to see if that improves your performance? Also, the moment you double click any audio - regardless of whether it's been bounced or not - you can open that audio in audio pitch edit or comp mode as well. It's an endless stream of possibilities.
So After I pitch correct a track how should deal with it? Bounce it How? O will it always be in pitch correct when I double click the track?
Reason's Audio Pitch Editor is non-destructive, so you can always go back and tweak/edit. Once you go into audio pitch edit mode and makes some changes, tweaks, corrections - it will always play back with those changes in effect.

That said, you can always bounce the edited track down to a new track if you want. Give it a try!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information