Dr. Octorex - "free run" mode? Ignoring tempo/BPM?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Sus4

18 Mar 2018

Hey gang-
Does anyone have any ideas for getting Dr. Octorex to disregard song tempo for its looping?

If I bounce a clip from the sequencer to a rex loop, the instrument "rounds up" to the next bar and adds a silent slice at the end. I understand why it does this, but there are times when I'd really like it to just play through loops as I bounce them, looping through whatever I bounce, with no regard for whether it'll lose sync with the song's tempo.

As far as I can tell there's no way to do this natively, but does anyone have any workarounds? Couldn't seem to google up a solution but I have a feeling someone here has cooked up a way.

Thanks!

Sus4

19 Mar 2018

Remember when I said I understand why Dr. Octo Rex added the blank slice? Not true, at all. I just tried it again, and the good doctor happily played what I bounced without padding it out with silence at the end, despite the fact that it doesn't divide neatly into bars. So there goes that theory.

I guess my question is now: why does bouncing an audio clip from the sequencer to a Rex loop sometimes add stuff at the end and sometimes not? I've had both happen multiple times now. So what's the (probably obvious) deciding factor I'm not seeing?

• Information