Reason 10/multiple computers/license

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
braille

16 Mar 2018

I've emailed propellerhead support, and have yet to receive a response.

I want to install reason 10 on two computers, and want to know what is the best solution/option.

Do I buy two copies of reason 10? Seems to be the only solution if both machines will have active internet connections.

Can I buy one copy and purchase an extra license?

Or do I buy one copy of Reason 10 authorize it on one machine, then purchase a USB ignition key for the second computer and keep it offline? This seems to be the cheaper solution but will pose problems if they're both online.

flightONE

16 Mar 2018

You can install on as many computers as you want as long as you only have it open on one at the same time.

If you log in using internet authorization on two computers at the same time you will get some angry email from propellerhead and after a couple of warnings you'll be locked out of your account, then you'll have to request an unlock your account after some explaining via e-mail.

If you have an ignition key you could open reason on one computer using that and then open reason on another one with internet auth and it *works* but it's technically violating the license terms.

If you need to have reason open on two computers at the same time, the only legal option is to buy two copies but if you will be only using on one computer at a time you are ok with a single copy, just make sure you close reason on all computers before trying to use it on another.

braille

17 Mar 2018

flightONE, thanks for the reply. I had a feeling I might have to drop $800 to make this work.

I do have an old computer (Windows XP, no internet) running reason 4, but I'm not sure how I would even attempt registering/upgrading from such an old machine.

Still no response from propeller head about going that route.

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated!

QVprod

17 Mar 2018

braille wrote:
17 Mar 2018
flightONE, thanks for the reply. I had a feeling I might have to drop $800 to make this work.

I do have an old computer (Windows XP, no internet) running reason 4, but I'm not sure how I would even attempt registering/upgrading from such an old machine.

Still no response from propeller head about going that route.

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated!
If you already own a license for Reason 4 then you can just upgrade for only $129. Then you’d only be paying full price for Reason once. If not then yeah you’ll be spending $800. Though again you’d only need two separate licenses if you need to use Reason on both computers at the same time.

syncanonymous

17 Mar 2018

I have just done it.
I bought a full license Reason 10 for my new build...300 currency units
I already had Reason upgraded to 8.3...which was originally a Reason 1 lisence. I had done upgrades from 1 to 2.5 to 4 to 8.

Buying an ignition key would cost 50 currency units more, IIRC.

It’s the REs that make authorization tricky...in that case, ignition key seems a wise move.
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

Wickline

17 Mar 2018

syncanonymous wrote: It’s the REs that make authorization tricky...in that case, ignition key seems a wise move.
Tricky how? It’s a one click sync all situation. Just curious if you’re having other issues.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

vondersulzburg

18 Mar 2018

Hi, i am running it on two computers. One is online and I just log in. The second one is offline and I got a offline authorization from Propellerheads.

Working with no problems
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

ogrotten

09 Mar 2019

vondersulzburg wrote:
18 Mar 2018
Hi, i am running it on two computers. One is online and I just log in. The second one is offline and I got a offline authorization from Propellerheads.

Working with no problems
I'd like to have mine on 3 (home, offsite, laptop), but 2 would be ok (no laptop). Is your licensing setup still working? You're not having to deauth/reauth whenever you want to switch?

I've no need/intent to use them at the same time, I just don't want my "license" to bonk and cause problems.

Roddy

21 Mar 2019

ok, so if you have it on 2 pc's , 1 online and one offline did you not have to report a license transfer or stolen/loss ? so the offline pc can never be updated or addons installed? I have Reason 10 + Ignition key, i too was looking to run 2 pc's together however I believe it is breaking the license agreement. Just found my old Reason 5 cd and license today (attic clear out) never registered online so hoping i can upgrade to V10 for $99.
cheers
i7 16gb 4x500GB DH's,i4600 (2 screens),nvidia GTX 1050Ti(2 screens),NanoKontrol2x2,Panorama P1,MPK mini,LPD8, ION Key49,Novation ReMote ZeroSL,Korg Volca Bass,Samplex2,Keys,Beats x2,Monologue,MS-20x2,SQ1x2,EAMk2,EM-1
https://soundcloud.com/user-156451639

Oquasec

21 Mar 2019

You just need to have the codemeter code & be able to access the webadmin site and add any machine you want from the codemeter app.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information