Load all RNS to default layout option? Yes please.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Psuper

11 Mar 2018

I haven't figured out a way to simply keep the layout I use in my default RNS to apply to every RNS. Now that I'm full on 4k, having to resize and resave every RNS I ever made is a huge pain, especially as I refine it here and there I have to keep opening and resaving.

It would be such an easy thing for props to add - just a checkmark "keep default layout" and any internal layout saved in the individual RNS would be ignored, and the default template layout would be used. Uncheck, and back to windows all over the place if that's the way you like it.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Namyo85

14 Mar 2018

Good one. I've been asking for similar, an option to keep all windows full screen when separated and when opening a new song. At the moment it's random, sometimes they do open full screen and sometimes windowed, something must be causing that randomness, it's very odd.

Psuper

14 Mar 2018

It was a minor issue for me before, but I used my default layout for a lower resolution and was just used to constantly playing musical chairs with the limited Reason real estate of 3 necessary windows (look at my older posts you'll see how annoying the musical chair window thing was to me).

But now that I use 4k, its a huge issue I have many hundreds of RNS, not only songs but instruments, midi ideas, experimentation, lots of stuff I often refer back to. And this would be an insanely easy development on Props part, its finite values embedded in the RNS that are referenced.

Not to mention the nightmare if we ever want to open them up on a 1080p monitor...
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

• Information