kong synth kick problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Chizmata

10 Mar 2018

i have encountered a really weird problem with a kickdrum in kong. i want to play 3 quick 1/16th kickdrum hits in a row with the same sound (synth kick). but instead of playing the same sound three times it gets louder with every hit, as if doubling the velocity. the hits return back to normal if i play them alone. i have isolated all fx and kong settings but i cant figure out what the problem is. i have set it to monophonic by spreading the hits over 3 pads that mute each other, nothing, so it cant be stacking of the decay.

also, if i copy the plugin 3 times, it works as intended (but then i run out of fx space in the combinator). any help? i just cant figure this out.

version is reason 5

scratchnsnifff

10 Mar 2018

I would bounce to audio if all else fails
If you want the same kick sample triggered 3 times in a row. I would just use the sequencer and make sure the velocity is uniform and at 100. Are you playing a pattern on a midi controller? Even clicking on Kong’s pads with your mouse cursor can be velocity sensitive (clicking the bottom of the pad triggers low velocity and the top triggers high)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

10 Mar 2018

That's how it works you gotta mute it with another pad, bounce it or use the piano roll settings
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

RobC

11 Mar 2018

Do you have any equalizer on? Those can ring pretty badly in the lower regions, creating a decaying sub.

Chizmata

21 Mar 2018

hey thx for your answers, i had to use the workaround of using copying the same kick twice, nothing else worked.

• Information