Scales & Chords "Oct Down" plays root note, not inversion

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mbfrancis

08 Mar 2018

I love Scales & Chords. I love Scales & Chords. I love Scales & Chords. It lets me do crazy beautiful chord clusters, or lovely aching counterpoint lines I would or could never write or play.

But one annoyance. Not sure if this is a feature request or I'm just whining, but when I set it to 1st inversion, add select "Oct Down," it plays the root note which...takes it out of 1st inversion. Why does it do this?

Example...One of my favorite progressions is going I-IV-I-IV but with an ascending or descending bass, switching inversions. So something like:

C/E (1st inv) - F - C/G (2nd) - F/A (1st)

You can't program something like this w/ S&C and Oct Down on and automating the inversion knob...you have to "Send to Track" and then modify. No, not the end of the world but annoying. And just wrong music theory-wise. Wrong. Wrong.

Ok that's it. Am I alone here?
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information