When exporting song is NOT what was meant to BE!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Re8et
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2018

It happens when you (ok,me, a lot) Use too many modular stuff, that also has some kind of reset, restart point that is tight to something that does not have start stop position, like many signal generators, that those are used to run some nice sequences, and the whole playback, just looks
GOOD.
Double check, it plays fine, Start is start and then goes on playing, etc etc.... FINAL :question: export.... aaaaaaand..... the opening sequence is like.... :question:
...where's my opening sequence gone at? [looking for it] :shock:

I change from 44.1 Khz to 96 Khz before export, I know sometimes this can create havoc, but usually in a positive way....
Why this things still happens...

I know I should write down the sequences, that is a good job to be done, but why if the playback is fine then screw up on export...

Petty sinusoids...

Loque

07 Mar 2018

Its due to LFO start triggers. A lot of LFOs are "free" mode LFOs and you cannot control when they start, so if you render the song they got initialized for the first time. While you add LFOs in between and play around, loop here and there, they may sound completely different. You may also note, that having LFOs changing rates and values of other LFOs of other LFOs and so on, the values become more and more random and they cannot be reproduced easily.

Another problem is "randomize" functions for CV signals - as you can imagine, they generate random values so the result is unpredictable.

But, if the random functino as a initializer, you can ensure, it randomly generates always the same numbers. The same goes for LFOs, if they have a trigger, you can use this to restart them. Lectric Panda goes a step further and added a synchronization of his LFOs to the transportbar, so they generate same numbers on specific song positions - on the other hand, if you move a clip, the sound changes.

My solution for such things is using triggers and restarts if possible or bounce a clip and take the part i like and throw away the rest.

Beside LFOs you can run into similar problems with unsynchronized "random" oscilators, where the generated sound always sounds different and that special "bam" that comes from time to time does come when YOU want it.
Reason12, Win10

• Information