What Limiter are you using?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sdst
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2018

for a Limiter you don't need more than the Kilohearts free Limiter, I changed ozone for that

mucis too much loudness sounds like crap

that's why the mixes from the 80s sound better than now

raveled
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2018

Lately I have been using Eventide Elevate. It's a bit different, but very fun to use!

seqoi

24 Mar 2018

Newfangled Elevate (but its's a very diverse tool). When using Res then Ozone or Kuassa.

EdGrip

24 Mar 2018

zabukowski wrote:
24 Mar 2018
DMG Audio Limitless

https://dmgaudio.com/products_limitless.php

You have to hear it to believe it :)
Why not just put the price on the product page? I hate it when plugin companies do that.

Jmax

31 Mar 2018

moneykube wrote:
12 Mar 2018
I have a few but try not to use any if possible... last 10 songs no limiter
Yes I think I"ll try without at some point. It always seems things just need that extra push to really get it loud (but not to loud). Or there's the Master compressor which can really bring things up as well. I believe Rob Papen said he's last track was no limiter. O-natural if you will.

Marco Raaphorst

31 Mar 2018

In Reason I find iZotope Maximizer to be the best one.

michael.jaye

31 Mar 2018

Waves L2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
31 Mar 2018
In Reason I find iZotope Maximizer to be the best one.
It sounds more rounded than M-Class to my ears and the character speed allows more precise settings than M-classes attack (which has only 3 settings to choose from). I have sometimes used Hard and Soft mode to reduce dynamics too. The noise shaping and all the extras are good too, when you really want to push it towards a perfection.

Lempface

31 Mar 2018

Huge fan of FabFilter Pro-L 2, I don't really use anything else it can do it all.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

Psuper

31 Mar 2018

I've been digging into the FPGA stuff on the Discrete 4 recently, blown away this stuff is way far better than I expected, and its overwhelming the options to choose from. BA-6A is the one I've been using.

They're still a bit tricky to easily use with routing and not having them available in Reason natively (like the UAD stuff), however they should be soon once they complete the AFX2DAW app.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Jmax

31 Mar 2018

EdGrip wrote:
24 Mar 2018
zabukowski wrote:
24 Mar 2018
DMG Audio Limitless

https://dmgaudio.com/products_limitless.php

You have to hear it to believe it :)
Why not just put the price on the product page? I hate it when plugin companies do that.
I've tried the DMG.. prett nice and beautiful GUI. I, again have a hard time saying one is better then the other. They all pretty much do the same thing. Make your music loud? yes some have different curves, attack options, etc. etc. but in essence they all pretty much give a similar result in sound.

ilikestargazing
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2018

I've only ever used CoolEdit/Audition limiter, Mclass and FabFilter Pro-L so can't say I have a lot to judge from.
So far my favourite is by far the Pro-L, although I do sometimes still use the Mclass when I just want to keep it simple - and consuming less dsp.

Would like to get my hands on the Pro-L2 but that'll have to wait a bit and I don't feel the need for it yet anyway, maybe with time.
The first Pro-L seems to do everything I need at the moment and gets a fair bit of use in most projects, for keeping some individual tracks in order and as the master limiter.

• Information