Cut-off midi notes?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Pralijah

06 Mar 2018

Am on the latest Reason version.

1) I record a midi-instrument (no matter what)
2) With Akai LPK25 midi-keyboard, but has happend also to another keyboard, via the older midi standard through an audio interface.
3) Resulting in almost inhearable short midi-notes that I have to drag out, but as that makes every note the same, it ruins the performance.

I have experienced this before, but many years ago, but not last years on the later Reason versions.
Interesting thing is that same setup works totally fine when using Logic Pro X latest version.

Why do Reason behave this unpredictable way?

I have seen this issue before but have not paid any attention since it have worked just fine with my setup before.

Any tips are welcome or direct me to a previous thread.
Make music shake again!

QVprod

06 Mar 2018

I’ve had this happen in the past, and it’s often been driver related

Pralijah

07 Mar 2018

I see, but I am on Mac (Sierra) and in Logic the same midi-keyboards has no issues at all. So perhaps there is something with Reason on OSX. I thought this was a thing of the past and that new Reason would have filtered out such disturbances. Also same happens when using sustain pedals, that Reason dont recognice it while recordning (having automation activated) or behaves strangely or unpredictably. I hope these things can be solved in coming updates.
Make music shake again!

QVprod

07 Mar 2018

I would still try re installing. Controllers reference different files depending on the DAW. Things like this can happen when changes are made to the computer such as an OS update. If uninstalling and reinstalling don't work then Id suggest contacting support.

Pralijah

07 Mar 2018

I found that the dilemma was that I had too many added "Control keyboard" (in "Preferences") that had earlier been registered to same midi-port on my interface. So I will keep an eye on that from now on, so that I delete those not in use or having a (!) besides them, so that there will be no contradicting control keyboards added to the list. It can handle a few but a few too much, then there is the error.
Make music shake again!

• Information