Reason 10 upgrade to full version for only $99

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stephensmattlee

01 Mar 2018

Had an email this morning and thought this was a pretty amazing deal for those that might be thinking of upgrading.

Owners of Reason Essentials/Adapted can get an upgrade to the FULL Reason 10 for only $99 from JRR Shop! (a saving $230 I believe?)

https://www.jrrshop.com/propellerhead?d ... _from_date

Personally already have the full copy but was amazed at how much discount there was in this deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makke

01 Mar 2018

My guess is they are trying to increase Reason user base quite desperately. Anyway, bought my essential back from my friend (he didnt find use for it) and gonna definatelly upgrade full version with this deal. I just hope they transfer license back to me asap 😁

S1GNL

01 Mar 2018

I've upgraded a couple days ago for the full upgrade price :cry:

I just send them a request to grant the discount anyway.
Let's see how customer friendly Propellerheads is...

stephensmattlee

01 Mar 2018

Ah yeh that is a bit annoying if you only upgraded just a few days ago. Hopefully Props will give you some grace and maybe refund some money

EnochLight

01 Mar 2018

stephensmattlee wrote:
01 Mar 2018
Had an email this morning and thought this was a pretty amazing deal for those that might be thinking of upgrading.

Owners of Reason Essentials/Adapted can get an upgrade to the FULL Reason 10 for only $99 from JRR Shop! (a saving $230 I believe?)

https://www.jrrshop.com/propellerhead?d ... _from_date

Personally already have the full copy but was amazed at how much discount there was in this deal.

If you already own Essentials/Adapted/Limited, this upgrade special is available in the PropShop direct:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... edlimited/

And you can still buy Essentials on Amazon or places like Sweetwater and jrrshop for super cheap!

Word of warning, though: some users who already own Reason as well as Essentials/Adapted/Limited have tried buying the upgrade for a second license and told they didn't qualify. Not sure how that works if you own Essentials/Adapted/Limited and a previous (read: 9.5 or older) full version already...

UPDATE: it appears this offer is just for people who ONLY own Essentials/Adapted/Limited. If you already own a full version of Reason (whether it's 10 or any earlier version), you'll get this:

28467631_10215254291613252_1996307512214080658_n.jpg
28467631_10215254291613252_1996307512214080658_n.jpg (120.83 KiB) Viewed 13301 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

makke

01 Mar 2018

And I bought the full version of Reason 10. Really happy to be part of the Reason family now :D

stephensmattlee

01 Mar 2018

That’s awesome, is an absolute steal and well worth it for users that might be on the fence about upgrading from the introductory versions

aeox
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2018

Still cost 130 to upgrade from Reason 9 FULL :D

madmacman

01 Mar 2018

I still have a CD version of Essentials 1.0 (shipped with Balance interface) - and never registered it. It has a serial number and an activation code.

Is this an eligible copy? Maybe it's time to sell...

EnochLight

01 Mar 2018

madmacman wrote:
01 Mar 2018
I still have a CD version of Essentials 1.0 (shipped with Balance interface) - and never registered it. It has a serial number and an activation code.

Do you already own a full version of Reason? I honestly don't know if it will work. It might, or it might not. You could always try registering Essentials to a new account and then buy the upgrade on that account...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

madmacman

01 Mar 2018

EnochLight wrote:
01 Mar 2018
madmacman wrote:
01 Mar 2018

Do you already own a full version of Reason?
Yes, I already have a full version. My question really was headed towards "selling". I don't know if my copy is somehow a "special version" and tied to the Balance interface.

EnochLight

01 Mar 2018

madmacman wrote:
01 Mar 2018
Yes, I already have a full version. My question really was headed towards "selling". I don't know if my copy is somehow a "special version" and tied to the Balance interface.
Ahhhhh - gotcha. Yeah, I'm not sure how that works. My gut feeling is ... hopefully someone would chime in and report if it worked for them or not. That said, the version of Essentials that came with Balance is pretty old, and upgrading to the latest version of Essentials wasn't free if I remember correctly. That might come into play.

madmacman

01 Mar 2018

Ok, thanks for your reply. Well, then let's wait and see. I don't need the money. The package can stay forever in the Balance box. :)

deepndark

02 Mar 2018

makke wrote:
01 Mar 2018
And I bought the full version of Reason 10. Really happy to be part of the Reason family now :D
Tervetuloa Reason-klaaniin mukaan kaveri! :cool: :thumbs_up:

riemac

02 Mar 2018

makke wrote:
01 Mar 2018
Congratulations and welcome. Good to know, that one of the really good trance producers joined the Reason family. Looking forward to hear more tracks from you produced in Reason.

dhruan

02 Mar 2018

Really wish that the upgrade from *previous version* was discounted also (still on 9.5). Kind of lame that it isn't but I do kind of understand why from their POV, getting people to upgrade to full Reason from Essentials gives much better value for props as they get people ensnared to their full upgrade cycle (way much higher Customer Lifetime Value)...

Kah, lisää Suomen poikii! :) Tervetuloa!
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

makke

02 Mar 2018

riemac wrote:
02 Mar 2018
makke wrote:
01 Mar 2018
Congratulations and welcome. Good to know, that one of the really good trance producers joined the Reason family. Looking forward to hear more tracks from you produced in Reason.
Thanks for the compliments, but I would say that I am more like melodic progressive producer than trance producer, even I do trance sometimes :D

Feel The Love was my first Reason song and it is made on Reason Essentials 9.5. Yesterday I already played around with my new Reason 10 full version and I have almost all melodies ready to do a second Reason track. Players are quite inspiring 😀

But thanks everyone for the warm welcoming / kiitti jätkät :P

antic604

02 Mar 2018

So, is it a loophole or a deliberate strategy from Props?

I see quite a turmoil about it on KVR :)

S1GNL

02 Mar 2018

So, I've asked for a discount and Props gave me the refund of the full price upgrade I had to pay last week!

Now I just got the full version of Reason 10 for 160 Euros ... oh my god, dunno if to feel great or bad about it :lol:

Either way, that's the most awesome customer treatment I've experienced for years!!!

stephensmattlee

02 Mar 2018

Wow that is really very good of them. I’m just a tiny bit jealous. Although I did upgrade from Reason Limited v3 to Reason 6 for a relatively discounted price a good few years ago :)

EnochLight

02 Mar 2018

antic604 wrote:
02 Mar 2018
So, is it a loophole or a deliberate strategy from Props?

I see quite a turmoil about it on KVR :)
If we're reading the same thread (the one I started), I wouldn't even remotely describe it as having turmoil.** But there are definitely some new Reason 10 users that took advantage of the deal!

I wouldn't describe it as a loophole - Props are very deliberate in what they do. It's clearly an upgrade path meant for current owners of Essentials, Adapted, or Limited - none of which are sold anymore. The limited supplies of Essential that are available will most certainly dry up because of this promo (which, at the end of the day, benefits 3rd party retailers as well as Props).

** EDIT: I do see the regular trolls peeking in to that thread, but it's pretty small. Most everyone is largely behaving Lol!

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2018

makke wrote:
01 Mar 2018
My guess is they are trying to increase Reason user base quite desperately.
The "desperately" part is what it looks like to me. Some more positive Reason fans though, might call it being aggressive. :?

Last minute push to get those Q1 numbers up. If the situation gets REALLY desperate they're going to re-offer all Reason upgrades for $99. Still seems a little too early to bring out a Reason 10.5 (which I think they'll save for Q2) but if the numbers don't look good, they might squeak it out around the 15th.

It's very interesting. I don't think I've ever seen this desperation/aggressiveness before from them. Looks to me like the Verdane influence:

"Verdane will become an active owner of Propellerhead. Verdane has extensive experience from driving growth in software and e-commerce companies, and will be a valuable partner as Propellerhead picks up the pace."

And edit: I think they key word in that blurb is "active".
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

EnochLight

02 Mar 2018

Desperate? Aggressive?

Or:
EnochLight wrote:
02 Mar 2018
It's clearly an upgrade path meant for current owners of Essentials, Adapted, or Limited - none of which are sold anymore. The limited supplies of Essential that are available will most certainly dry up because of this promo (which, at the end of the day, benefits 3rd party retailers as well as Props).
That's neither desperate nor aggressive. It's simple business 101.

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2018

EnochLight wrote:
02 Mar 2018
Of course it is. That’s ALL it is.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

EnochLight

02 Mar 2018

hurricane wrote:
02 Mar 2018
EnochLight wrote:
02 Mar 2018
Of course it is. That’s ALL it is.
:puf_smile: :thumbs_up:

• Information