How do you get the smell of death off of your tracks

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
motuscott

24 Feb 2018

Old technics not pulling their weight, I suppose because of software updates and general indifference of humanity…
any suggestions?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

24 Feb 2018

I'm on a mac

jayhosking

24 Feb 2018

I'm not going to pretend I'm some music guru, but these work for me for coming up with fresh sounds.

1. Forget about existing genres. Avoid making your music sound like anything.

2. Use a RE or device you have never used, or haven't used for a very long time.

3. Reset the device.

Loque

24 Feb 2018

Experiment. Try making sounds different. Just try what you think that doesn't make sense. Try unusual.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

24 Feb 2018

Today I chose the route of using a mix of Res and vsts that I rarely use like spire, FM4 and some of the cheaper studio corbach synths. Had a blast, I never see any Re or vst as a straight up waste because I know one day Il feel bored of expanse predator or serum. So that’s when having all these oddball units comes in handy. Ryan Harlin from propellerhead made a video on this exact topic, maybe just to use his NI komplete control keyboard XD but he shows how using new or unused formats can create inspirational moments. I actually also used massive today, I must say after the years of wanting it, now that I have it. I must say, malstrom and Thor take the win in my opinion. Just really wish Thor had the waveform bending, other than that a lot of sounds can be made with reason out of the box :) but yeah, If your hard up for money get a month subscription for 10$ and get 400$ worth or synths and effects to get something grooving :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

24 Feb 2018

Decided to start using the reason 5 modules again cuz after Re etc came out I haven't messed with some of those for a looong time.
Found myself liking what came out too. But yeah basically just use what you wanna use and worry about the technical stuff when trying to do technical stuff.
Also helps to stick to 2 daws max, drop anything that isn't necessary and only use rewire when you want to, learn the other daw also to make rewire useful etc or don't use rewire in Reason9+.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Goodbye

25 Feb 2018

Are you sure the smell of death is coming from your tracks and not Reason itself?

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

That Reason smell™
I knew it!
Oh Shit, I'm banned
Again

I'm a little offended by the number of sincere replies.
though I appreciate the effort.
C'mon folks, It's Trump's world™
We need to step it up.

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

Unless of course you were being insincerely sincere, in which case my dopliganger apologizes thusly:
Very sorry you were offended by your own inability to get over my awesomeness, also my inabilty to spell dopliganger...
carry on

Gorgon

25 Feb 2018

You know how Deadmau5 got his name?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

maybe

Ostermilk

25 Feb 2018

Jeyes Fluid.

I don't know how to get rid of the smell of Jeyes Fluid though.

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

I feel ilike you're drawing me into a dark place I don't want to go

strangers
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2018

When old techniques don't work it's time to abandon ship before you sink your own battleship. Anytime I feel like a mix is turning into a cold pizza I'll remove all processing and start from scratch. That's clearly not efficient on time but chances are you've relied on your eyes rather than ears in more than one instance. Going back to tweak will be more of a waste of time than it would be to start fresh and this time around letting your ears shape the mix rather than letting your eyes trick you into thinking you've cut/boosted too low/high, the frequency you're EQ'ing isn't in the range your eyes want to see, you've set your ratio lower/higher than you've heard is cool to do, etc.

That probably sounds cliche or, again, not what your eyes want to read as a response but we all fall victim of using our eyes instead of ears at one point or another. When that happens you're more than likely going to end up with an overly safe and stale mix. As a relatively new guy to the mixing world, I've relied on tons of trial and error and, unfortunately, advice from the internet where every keyboard warrior is a self proclaimed producer and engineer regurgitating words they've read elsewhere on the Internet to spew as their own advice that even they don't understand or follow.

If none of that applies, I'll leave room for the "Reason sound" crowd to stand up because it makes all the sense in the world to blame the pencil and paper once you realize your drawing sucks.

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

Fer Christsake let's keep to the topic!
This is not about mixing
This is about hunting down Ostermilk and ripping his leg off with my bare teeth

strangers
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2018

Neat. Could have spared myself some time by posting nonsense instead of a legitimate response. I'll keep that in mind from now on. Don't mind me, proceed with the Looney Tunes. Signing out to create a tin foil hat.

4filegate

25 Feb 2018

It’s an example of how an idea fail can succeed and THEN fail!

One publisher rejected George Orwell’s submission, Animal Farm, with these words: “It is impossible to sell animal stories in the USA.”

ready for the knacker's yard!
Mixture of bones, meat trimmings and offals are rendered into fats and into animal proteins which are then used in human food, animal feed, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and technical products.

Exowildebeest

25 Feb 2018

EQ cut around 400hz to get rid of the body.

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

Exowildebeest wrote:
25 Feb 2018
EQ cut around 400hz to get rid of the body.
Using this tip on my next #1 hit record, "Knacker's Yard"

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

strangers wrote:
25 Feb 2018
Neat. Could have spared myself some time by posting nonsense instead of a legitimate response. I'll keep that in mind from now on. Don't mind me, proceed with the Looney Tunes. Signing out to create a tin foil hat.
Yeah. Yer tinfoill hat's gonna work against the majesty that is my inter web posting
Bringing it

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

Did I mention MoFo. Because I think I forgot to mention MoFo
Also: Mofo

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

Most active topic:MoFo

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

Winning

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

I think

ravisoni

25 Feb 2018

motuscott wrote:
25 Feb 2018
Most active topic:MoFo
MOtuSCOtt
Mo...Sco...
Holy CoWWW, is that a cow in your DP?
Mo...SCO...WWW

You were saying something about Trump's world™?
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

• Information