exported song sounds different than reason file

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kd24

24 Feb 2018

hey guys, i'm having some trouble exporting a song from reason 10. every time i export, the drums in the wav file sound different. kinda like there's a snare where the bass drum should be. i used redrum for the drums and turned off both of the pattern enable options when i exported. if i take the wav file and import it back into reason it sounds fine. how do i get it to sound right outside of reason? is it a mixing issue?

things i've tried:

-bouncing the channels to audio (listen to the drum and master bounce, still messed up)
-exporting at 16 and 24 bits

can anyone help? i just want to export it so it sounds exactly like the reason file...

Eagleizer

24 Feb 2018

kd24 wrote:
24 Feb 2018
hey guys, i'm having some trouble exporting a song from reason 10. every time i export, the drums in the wav file sound different. kinda like there's a snare where the bass drum should be. i used redrum for the drums and turned off both of the pattern enable options when i exported. if i take the wav file and import it back into reason it sounds fine. how do i get it to sound right outside of reason? is it a mixing issue?

things i've tried:

-bouncing the channels to audio (listen to the drum and master bounce, still messed up)
-exporting at 16 and 24 bits

can anyone help? i just want to export it so it sounds exactly like the reason file...
In the bounce window, make sure you have ticked "All" in "Apply mixer settings".
Also make sure you set same "Sample Rate" as you have in the Preferences.

Cheers :)

antic604

24 Feb 2018

kd24 wrote:
24 Feb 2018
if i take the wav file and import it back into reason it sounds fine. how do i get it to sound right outside of reason? is it a mixing issue?
Considering this, I have to ask if you listen both through the same speakers and audio interface? Because it does sound like it's just a bad mix, if the same wav file loaded into Reason sounds correct.

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2018

Eagleizer wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Also make sure you set same "Sample Rate" as you have in the Preferences.
This

kd24

24 Feb 2018

Thanks for the help! Someone actually helped me figure out it wasn't the track, just my really crappy speakers.

antic604

25 Feb 2018

kd24 wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Thanks for the help! Someone actually helped me figure out it wasn't the track, just my really crappy speakers.
Hate to break it to you, but it IS your song. If it were mixed properly, it would sound acceptable on any speaker and definitely you wouldn't confuse kick with a snare :)

normen

25 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:
25 Feb 2018
kd24 wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Hate to break it to you, but it IS your song. If it were mixed properly, it would sound acceptable on any speaker and definitely you wouldn't confuse kick with a snare :)
Hey hey maybe its not the song but the arrangement or sound choice - you looked like ass in your first-day-of-school-suit as well ;)

antic604

25 Feb 2018

normen wrote:
25 Feb 2018
antic604 wrote:
25 Feb 2018

Hey hey maybe its not the song but the arrangement or sound choice - you looked like ass in your first-day-of-school-suit as well ;)
Which means it's still his song's fault, doesn't it? You'll never learn if people avoid telling you the truth. I know this is unpopular nowadays, but it doesn't make it not true. ;) :P

normen

25 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:
25 Feb 2018
Which means it's still his song's fault, doesn't it? You'll never learn if people avoid telling you the truth. I know this is unpopular nowadays, but it doesn't make it not true. ;) :P
Hehe :) I'm all for speaking the truth. But I was making the distinction between the song, its arrangement, the performance and then the mix which are IMO the important steps to a great listening experience - in that order! The mix is really just icing on the cake.

• Information