Next update ??

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mor1

19 Feb 2018

Just a question.
Any guess from you guys for when the next update may will arrive??
Any thoughts?10.5 perhaps.. :?: :reason:

demt

19 Feb 2018

ASAP
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Mor1

19 Feb 2018

Cool!!I'm waiting for new stuff

riemac

19 Feb 2018

I guess a 10.1 update would be more realistic. Maybe end off march or april?

miscend

19 Feb 2018

It’s tricky predicting what the next update may entail because Propellerheads like to surprise people. They might not be a 10.5, they may just announce version 11 towards the end of the year.

Remember version 9.5 was a complete surprise to everyone. And Reason 7, apart from bug fixes, did not get a significant mid cycle update AFAIK.

Steedus
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2018

They're too busy still trying to get new users on the software. I just got another 2 emails inviting me to try Reason 10 (I already own R10) ;)

Mor1

19 Feb 2018

I think they have slightly changed the way they update Reason in the last period.
We may see something in a couple of months thats what i believe... And why not Reason 11 at the end of the year..
Speculations..Thanks guys for your answers. :thumbs_up:

moneykube

19 Feb 2018

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 6.45.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 6.45.55 PM.png (233.55 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

spencer335

19 Feb 2018

miscend wrote:
19 Feb 2018

Remember version 9.5 was a complete surprise to everyone. And Reason 7, apart from bug fixes, did not get a significant mid cycle update AFAIK.
Version 7.1 was mostly bug fixes and minor workflow things, but we did get Synchronous for free when it first came out.

scratchnsnifff

19 Feb 2018

I’m still hoping for a fancy new combinator! Either an entirely new one with more rotaries and a sleek look like the vst wrapper.
More knobs
About twice the assignable matrix slots for instruments
Either some implementation of right clicking and map to knob 1-8 or a learn function
I want to have a combinator with the full potential of Thor, 3 oscillators 3 filters and other in synth features makes it a limited experience when trying to make morning sounds with one feature heavy synth
The newer synths we’ve seen have soooo many features it’s getting hard to use the combinator because of slots filling and having to double the rotaries

Ohh and maybe a modernized Thor :) still would love a malstrom or grain oscilator in that ol puppy :) honestly though any new additions are welcome those are just my two all time favorites right there. Combinator and Thor
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Mor1

20 Feb 2018

Yes any new additions on the instruments whould be nice.Timestreching function on nn-xt let’s say or a sample engine on Thor.lets see with what they will come up..

scratchnsnifff

20 Feb 2018

Mor1 wrote:
20 Feb 2018
Yes any new additions on the instruments whould be nice.Timestreching function on nn-xt let’s say or a sample engine on Thor.lets see with what they will come up..
What I always loved about Thor is the multi filter and oscilator functionality, and since it has been released the music world has seen new oscilator and filter types, and Thor would be an absolutely perfect candidate for something like a mini granular oscillator, would be cool if it was the grain oscilator in grain as for filter types would be cool to see some different combo filters or effect filters I’m sure we aren’t the only ones who would love to see that :p it would make a 10 year old synth stand with the new kids on the block (even though to this day it still can hold its own)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

antic604

20 Feb 2018

spencer335 wrote:
19 Feb 2018
miscend wrote:
19 Feb 2018

Version 7.1 was mostly bug fixes and minor workflow things, but we did get Synchronous for free when it first came out.
Wasn't Sunchronous added only in v10? Or was it free for 7, but if someone jumped from 6 or earlier to 8 or 9 they wouldn't get it?

esselfortium

20 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:
20 Feb 2018
spencer335 wrote:
19 Feb 2018

Wasn't Sunchronous added only in v10? Or was it free for 7, but if someone jumped from 6 or earlier to 8 or 9 they wouldn't get it?
Synchronous was a limited-time freebie with Reason 7 upgrades.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Goodbye

20 Feb 2018

I'm really looking forward to some poorly documented fixes for minor issues, no fixes for major issues and no new features.

I just did a bit of wee in excitement.

Mor1

20 Feb 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
20 Feb 2018
Mor1 wrote:
20 Feb 2018
What I always loved about Thor is the multi filter and oscilator functionality, and since it has been released the music world has seen new oscilator and filter types, and Thor would be an absolutely perfect candidate for something like a mini granular oscillator, would be cool if it was the grain oscilator in grain as for filter types would be cool to see some different combo filters or effect filters I’m sure we aren’t the only ones who would love to see that :p it would make a 10 year old synth stand with the new kids on the block (even though to this day it still can hold its own)
Well if this happens (mini grain) we are definitely speaking for sample import or record in that mini grain..It will elevate Thor much higher than it is for sure!!
Besides instrument updates Reason needs some sequencer updates too.
It’s fine ,it does the job in most areas and it can be better :)

United South

20 Feb 2018

Need a new sampler that follows the tempo like Kontakt.

motuscott

20 Feb 2018

Goodbye wrote:
20 Feb 2018
I'm really looking forward to some poorly documented fixes for minor issues, no fixes for major issues and no new features.
I am so with you brother or sister!
Reason #1 DAW in latest poll!!!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Namyo85

21 Feb 2018

In January I sent an email to Props with a compiled bug list. I had a positive reply, thanking me for the great input. I was told some issues were known and some were new. I was also told they would be kept in mind for future updates. I was quite pleased with that reply, I felt I'd been listened to.
In the past I've often complained about Reason being unfinished, expressing my disappointment and being negative about things. This time I've decided to live in hope and believe these issues will be fixed. I think that's the way forward. :cool:

Creativemind

21 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:
20 Feb 2018
spencer335 wrote:
19 Feb 2018

Yes Synchronous was free for a limited time in 7.1 when (I think) there was an SDK update. I remember telling a mate who had Reason 7 at the time and I was only on 6.5 and he was delighted to upgrade to 7.1 and get Synchronous free.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

21 Feb 2018

Yeah since Verdane became was it (majority) share holder there's been an update every 3 months so we should have an update any day now.

I hope they give us some more midi editing features (muting notes, note displays, a shading across the row in correspondance with your midi controller key depression, slice by snap / grid, joining notes together, ghost notes (editable), midi chase, changing to a new midi clip from within a current midi clip, remember last note length, being able to send a selection of midi notes up and down an octave (you can't already do that can you? Lol) and beginning or end of a midi clip using say ctrl and the arrows on your QWERTY keyboard and a toggle on / off of the trigger notes while editing button in the midi editor and take that checkbox out the preferences).

What I think is likely though is 10.1 and probably vst optimization and possibly VST3 support. Maybe scanning for newly installed vst's whilst Reason is still open and possibly automatic bridging of 32 bit vst's.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Goodbye

21 Feb 2018

In January I sent an email to Props with a compiled bug list. I had a positive reply, thanking me for the great input. I was told some issues were known and some were new. I was also told they would be kept in mind for future updates. I was quite pleased with that reply, I felt I'd been listened to.
In the past I've often complained about Reason being unfinished, expressing my disappointment and being negative about things. This time I've decided to live in hope and believe these issues will be fixed. I think that's the way forward.
We've all done that. Some of us have done it many many times. I'll bet you a sack full of pixel dust that in six months not a single thing you mentioned will have been addressed. As a developer, one of the best things you can have is an active community reporting issues and submitting feature requests. As a developer one of the worst things you can do is completely ignore that community.

Namyo85

21 Feb 2018

@Goodbye. I know what you're saying, I'm trying a different approach. I believe that at some point things will get done. Also it would be a good move for sales as it would dramatically increase the likelihood of me purchasing version 10. :puf_wink:

syncanonymous

21 Feb 2018

I've had Reason 10 for 4 weeks... And you lot are thinking about a new update?!?!

Essential Needs for Reason:
1) Waveform Height zoom needs vast improvement

2) Being able to see more than one track in edit mode
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

EnochLight

21 Feb 2018

syncanonymous wrote:
21 Feb 2018
I've had Reason 10 for 4 weeks... And you lot are thinking about a new update?!?!

Essential Needs for Reason:
1) Waveform Height zoom needs vast improvement

2) Being able to see more than one track in edit mode
I've long wanted waveform height zoom improved (bigger, like full screen). That said, I'm sure you probably already know this, but you can zoom in currently in a selected waveform by holding down CTRL/CMD and scrolling with your mouse wheel. In Slice Edit, Comp Edit, or Pitch Edit you can get a pretty workable display of the waveform:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information