Replicate a specific patch from Thor to Parsec 2

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Voyager

16 Feb 2018

Hello everyone,

This is totally out of curiosity purpose. I was messing with Parsec 2 and Thor and at some point i was trying to replicate "Venus String" Thor patch into Parsec but with no real results...
I thought that maybe Parsec couldn't pull out that kind of sound but i would be very surprised if not. I think my sound designer skills are more the concern here and certainly not the best in town but still can't get even close to the Thor patch ... So if it's replicable i'm very curious how you guys can achieve it.
Last edited by Voyager on 16 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

16 Feb 2018

I think Parsec cannot create every patch that Thor can and vice versa. They use different Synthese models... I gonna try it...
Reason12, Win10

Loque

16 Feb 2018

Ok, i tried. But not that big success. Quite close tho. The Noise->FM is not possible in Parsec. And i needed a unison FX to replicate the voice spreading. Maybe i just suck too or this is a good example, why you need several synths to do different jobs.
Attachments
Venus Remake.zip
(2.39 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Reason12, Win10

Voyager

16 Feb 2018

Thanks for taking time to try Loque, i listen to it but still quite different. I tried again, need some slight tweaking but almost there.
Thor Venus in Parsec.rar
Thor Venus in Parsec
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Oquasec

18 Feb 2018

It's possible to make synths sound like other synths, but not exactly because of how everything is coded and tested differently.
Although Thor sounds like uhe out the box :)
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information