Quick Grain ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Cleanerbeats

14 Feb 2018

How do I get what I play with Grain to actually record how it sounds when I play it? Probably something I’m overlooking, but held notes just record as short sounds...thanks in advance, at work on break now and it just popped in my head to ask as I don’t have time to search around for an answer...Peace to you and yours

nickb523
RE Developer

15 Feb 2018

That isn't right. It shouldn't be doing that.

Are you real time recording or programming in the piano roll?

Only thing i can possibly think is the problem is that the patch release time is too short.

Wait... By "play it" do you mean the sample audition button in the top right corner of Grain?

Nick

Cleanerbeats

15 Feb 2018

Real time recording over drums and sample laid down with MPC.

nickb523
RE Developer

17 Feb 2018

There is no reason it should be doing that. It must be a setting in the MPC. The MPC should just be sending basic note on/off data just like a controller keyboard. It sounds like the envelope setting aren't correct.

Cleanerbeats

18 Feb 2018

That shouldn’t be relevant because I just recorded the MPC as an audio track into Reason, and it was no longer even turned on when I tried to record with Grain on its own track. I like recording in real time, as a performance most of the time.

Cleanerbeats

18 Feb 2018

I was playing Grain on it’s own track with an Akai LPK 25.

nickb523
RE Developer

18 Feb 2018

Cleanerbeats wrote:
18 Feb 2018
I was playing Grain on it’s own track with an Akai LPK 25.
Ah i see. I've got my wires crossed there.

Still can't figure out why your getting this problem though.

Just to clarify - When you play Grain with the LPK it's completely fine, but as soon as you have recorded the track it plays back shorter notes?

It's not a problem i've come across before and i'm struggling to figure out why that would be happening.

Cleanerbeats

18 Feb 2018

Exactly. It sounds the way I want it to during the recording, but when played back it only plays short notes. Odd. Gonna give it a go again tonight after the fam is asleep and see what I can figure out. Thanks!

• Information