Reason 9.5 for sale

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Fantomas

14 Feb 2018

Hi there fellas,

After long-long years of craving for it, a bit less saving up for it, then some more buying it and not using it, now the time has come for me to offer it for sale. Here it goes, Reason 9.5 license. Lovely piece of software, there is some kind of magic within, all those virtual cables and synths, the rack extensions (and recently the scheme to rent them out for a few euros/dollars monthly in different packages), the MIDI out and VST support the Props implemented. I'd been waiting for every major release to see those well done teasers and feature videos, new devices, new this new that, no one does videos these guys do in Sweden. Still, I turned to Ableton because these linear type of sequencers are not my cup of tea, I'm more of a spontaneous, jamming type of guy who likes to use those grid layout controllers and lots of knobs quickly linking to parameters - Ableton Live 10 and Push 2 got me like... (Bitwig had a chance but it's another story)

So: anyone's willing to do paypal for $200 (plus fees if there’s any) I'm ready :)

Thanks!

Tom
Last edited by Fantomas on 02 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

sublunar

15 Feb 2018

I tried Ableton for a couple of days. Still don't know why it has such a large user base.

motuscott

15 Feb 2018

Great Price, someone will bite.
It pert near killed me to learn the little I know in Reason. I'm going nowhere else
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

OverneathTheSkyBridg

16 Feb 2018

sublunar wrote:
15 Feb 2018
I tried Ableton for a couple of days. Still don't know why it has such a large user base.
I can be pirated, so the barrier for entry is pretty low. Other than that the only thing I really envy from it is it's sequencer, it's pretty quick to navigate in.

Fantomas

17 Feb 2018

I’m not saying it’s an easy decision to make, I love Reason for what it is but I would be cheating on her for the freedom and flexibility Live has to offer and I rather break up and start a new life than cheat :) I tried Live many times and tbh it was only 9.x and now 10 when I really got the feeling that’s the thing I need. Live/Push integration is seamless and the whole thing is awsome. Reason will get there one day now it supports vst’s but Ableton didn’t take 15 years to get there and that’s an advantage. The RE subscription scheme is a great option, but again, somehow you still don’t see those big brands creating their extensions for Reason and people want results quickly. I wish Reason the best

pjeudy

17 Feb 2018

Fantomas wrote:
17 Feb 2018
I’m not saying it’s an easy decision to make, I love Reason for what it is but I would be cheating on her for the freedom and flexibility Live has to offer and I rather break up and start a new life than cheat :) I tried Live many times and tbh it was only 9.x and now 10 when I really got the feeling that’s the thing I need. Live/Push integration is seamless and the whole thing is awsome. Reason will get there one day now it supports vst’s but Ableton didn’t take 15 years to get there and that’s an advantage. The RE subscription scheme is a great option, but again, somehow you still don’t see those big brands creating their extensions for Reason and people want results quickly. I wish Reason the best
I tried Ableton for a week before I decided that yep I'm going to be a LIVE user. But then I made a mistake and decided to try out Studio One as well...the rest is history.
I went from being a heavy REASON user to embarrassing cutting edge in Digital Audio Workstation technology in S1. Reason will always win the pretty face with some good features here and there award.

But in the tools and workflow innovation department (where I spend most of my time, not looking at pretty hardware looking interfaces) REASON in my opinion is not even on the playing field . I would pay good money to know what's in the head of the folks at Propellerheads . What ever it is, it doesn't seem to be turning any heads in the DAW industry. Oh.. What about VST's? that sure broke a lot of necks, shattered the heavens! Yes it did , but that's not there Technology.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

mark999

17 Feb 2018

My typical Reason workflow goes like this:
Open reason, open any of the included synths - even old ones like Subtractor, start tweaking and within 2 minutes I'm inspired and I have a 'sound' that I like and I start making a song.

My typical LIVE workflow goes like this:
Open LIVE, open Sylenth1, go through 1000 presets that all sound good yet none that I'm actually looking for, listen to presets for an hour and accomplish nothing, get bored at looking at the spreadsheet interface, close program.

Oquasec

17 Feb 2018

Ableton is pretty fun, I see why people use it.
But honestly Reason ahs the plugins & love and fl studio is the midi slave I like to use when inputting midi with drumpads & pianos because I'm not a metronome and precount kind of guy. I also feel like Reason was a much more suited, long-lasting, permanent investment than Reaktor would have probably ever been for my way of doing things :cool:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

18 Feb 2018

Fantomas wrote:
14 Feb 2018
So: anyone's willing to do paypal for $240 I'm ready :)
motuscott wrote:
15 Feb 2018
Great Price, someone will bite.
You need to pay another $129 USD to upgrade to 10, which makes the total cost of investment $369 USD. That's only $30 USD off MSRP. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Harmen

18 Feb 2018

yes, thats only 30 credits off; and why would you sell it through a forum learning about REASON. Most people already have it, and are already ready for it.
Sponge full of water i would say.

Fantomas

18 Feb 2018

Because there is always one in a million who come across this place (e.g. me who don’t learn Reason) and wouldn’t necessarily spend the extra $129 on extra samples and a few new devices. I spent 400 to buy it 1.5 year ago, not willing to spend another $129 on the upgrade or losing too much. Shall I give it awayfor charity? lol

EnochLight

18 Feb 2018

Fantomas wrote:
18 Feb 2018
Because there is always one in a million who come across this place (e.g. me who don’t learn Reason) and wouldn’t necessarily spend the extra $129 on extra samples and a few new devices. I spent 400 to buy it 1.5 year ago, not willing to spend another $129 on the upgrade or losing too much. Shall I give it awayfor charity? lol
I'm sure you'll sell it. That said, you might have better luck taking a 50% loss and selling it for $200. That'll at least make the upgrade option more attractive, and most of your potential buyers are probably eyeing 10.0.

Have you tried selling over at KVR's marketplace?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Fantomas

18 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
18 Feb 2018
Fantomas wrote:
18 Feb 2018
I'm sure you'll sell it. That said, you might have better luck taking a 50% loss and selling it for $200. That'll at least make the upgrade option more attractive, and most of your potential buyers are probably eyeing 10.0.

Have you tried selling over at KVR's marketplace?
Funny enough, I came here to reduce the price to $220 :) then I saw the replies and though I’m gonna go mental lol. Yepp, it’s on offer there as well

• Information