Just got Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
LordLarsa

13 Feb 2018

Hello everyone,

I wanted to write a post because I'm so excited and so proud that I got Reason 10. I didn't upgrade since a long time cause I stopped compositing, and now I'm back on this hobby. Reason 10 is amazing, and I almost feel overwehlmed about those unlimited possibilities. I wanted to know if people want to talk about it by messages or shares our compositions!

I'm not professional at all, but I enjoy compositing as a hobby. I'm proud to be a part of the Reason community, and I hope I can get your point of view and critics on my future Reason 10 tracks.

Are you all professional or is it an hobby? What do you think of Reason 10?

My soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/liserafalli

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2018

Welcome to the forum have a good lot around as there are many hidden gems in the posts.

Reason is a main hobby for me, yes I play about and have fun with it and enjoy helping others where I can.

Note there is a music section for posts of your music that people may comment and give suggestions on (viewforum.php?f=9)

All the best

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SoulState

13 Feb 2018

Hi,
:reason: Reason 10 is amazing, fun and inspiring. In fact all the Reason versions have been!

I compose orchestral based dance music; strings and classical elements with funk/soulful basslines. So Reason is perfect for me. Don't think I could compose in any other programme - okay technically I could but it wouldn't be as much fun.

Your Mystic track sounds cool.
Welcome aboard.
:reason:

LordLarsa

13 Feb 2018

Thanks you!

SoulState > Actually, Mystic is my favorite too. And you know what? It was my very first track ever made on Reason more than 10 years ago... I lost the RNS file unfortunaly. :( So sad.

SoulState

13 Feb 2018

Ahh lost the :reason: file, that's a pain!

Yeah you sometimes find the tracks you make when first starting out are the most authentic and "real". Which is really what Music should be about and why I love Reason, it doesn't get in the way of creativity - it keeps the composing process simple. ;) .
:reason:

scratchnsnifff

13 Feb 2018

Iv always used reason for hip hop type beats but shortly after making hip hop I leaned towards dubstep glitch hop and House genres. Reason seems like it is geared towards electronic styles everything from grime and dubstep to 80s synthwave. I base this off of the fact that Reason has a crazy number of ways to get Fm sounds out of it. For instance for dubstep. Take a Thor and a malstrom and hit tab. Take the oscillator 1 output from malstrom and connect it into the Thor audio in 1. Go back to the front panel and change the octave to 2 on the malstrom A oscillator. Select a wavetable that has a sine characteristic. I like using the jewsharp table for this with a slight - amount on the shift and a motion set to 0
Then pick a Thor wavetable oscilator random or fixed sines works well also set it to -2octaves
Go into Thor’s modulation bus routing matrix and for the first slot select [Source] audio input-audio input one. As the destination select oscilator one - [FM]
Scale it by performance [mod wheel] or knobs and buttons rotary one. Select an amount for the Fm to taste and play with the Thor and malstrom index’s this trick will dubstep for sure especially using other synths :). Also Reason has a wonderful selection of VA synths like the legend antidote predator and the Viking vk1-2- and polymodular bundle (which is only 25-30$ right now!) glad to see a new user and have fun!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Psuper

13 Feb 2018

Welcome welcome! Yes you'll find plenty of helpful people here for our beloved Reason.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

djs

16 Feb 2018

I agree. Reason 10 is absolutely amazing. I upgraded from Reason 3.0 and I felt overwhelmed with the new features - recording audio, VST integration, new mixer, new sound modules, EQ visualizations, and so much more.

Ahornberg

16 Feb 2018

Am I a professional? Good question!
I'm not making music with the motivation to sell it. But I do sell my music and I make about $10 a year.
So I still need a job for living and that means having less time and energy for my music.

I'm staying on Reason 9.5 which has VST support so in theory I can work in Reason exclusively
and my last 100+ tracks were made in Reason except some collaborations for which I used Ableton Live.
But I keep an eye on VCV-Rack and SuperCollider. Both are free software and run fine on Linux.

miscend

16 Feb 2018

I’m always intrigued when I find people making non electronic music within Reason.

drloop

16 Feb 2018

miscend wrote:
16 Feb 2018
I’m always intrigued when I find people making non electronic music within Reason.
Do you mean like guitarpop or singersongwriterish or symphonic
or all above?
:)

Ahornberg

16 Feb 2018

Reason for guitarpoppers :cool:

drloop

16 Feb 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
16 Feb 2018
Reason for guitarpoppers :cool:

Love Polar!

miscend

16 Feb 2018

drloop wrote:
16 Feb 2018
miscend wrote:
16 Feb 2018
Do you mean like guitarpop or singersongwriterish or symphonic
or all above?
:)
All the above except for extremely popy stuff. Also including folk music , tribal and traditional ethnic music.

PhillipOrdonez

16 Feb 2018

Welcome to the decimals club!

A professional? I do not know. I do make a living out of music and audio related stuff, but not from my own personal music projects.

As for my opinion of version 10? I love it! I find it so inspiring, it allows me to make music much faster than previous versions and other programs.

buddard
RE Developer

16 Feb 2018

miscend wrote:
16 Feb 2018
I've even recorded mariachi music with Reason! :D

But yeah, I normally do electronic stuff.

EnochLight

18 Feb 2018

LordLarsa wrote:
13 Feb 2018
Hello everyone,

I wanted to write a post because I'm so excited and so proud that I got Reason 10. I didn't upgrade since a long time cause I stopped compositing, and now I'm back on this hobby. Reason 10 is amazing, and I almost feel overwehlmed about those unlimited possibilities. I wanted to know if people want to talk about it by messages or shares our compositions!

I'm not professional at all, but I enjoy compositing as a hobby. I'm proud to be a part of the Reason community, and I hope I can get your point of view and critics on my future Reason 10 tracks.

Are you all professional or is it an hobby? What do you think of Reason 10?

My soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/liserafalli
Welcome back to Reason, Lise! Not sure which version you were on before 10, but it has definitely come a long way. Stick around the forums here - lots of good information available and plenty of help available.

Your work on Soundcloud is awesome!

Cheers
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ltbrunt00

19 Feb 2018

Actually using reason now with VST to make classical/electric hybrid tracks is the amazing. Since VST integration I do now use reason 50% of the time to make orchestral type music.

Still on R9.5 will probably upgrade to 10 at the end of the month. I can not replicate my workflow in Studio One, Ableton or bitwig. I do use studio one for orchestral stuff but I find it much easier to use reason.

I can't live without rack extensions now and surprised no other DAWS has not tried to integrate RE's.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

• Information