PC that can run reason 10 without limitations

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Psuper
Posts: 524
Joined: 29 May 2016

Post 14 Apr 2018

SA Studio wrote:
14 Apr 2018
The software is bottlenecked out of the box with the CPU Limit set at 80%.

I just spoke with Mattias the other day on FB pointing out its an antiquated option that the last OS that would have benefited from it was Windows XP.

Reason's problem has nothing to do with hardware but programming. The "CPU Limit" option is a legacy option from old versions of Reason that was never, ever removed. It's to benefit weak computers, again, from over a decade ago. The fact that Reason is now 64bit, that "CPU Limit" option is not only a dinosaur and not needed at all, it completely ties people hands out of the box. But the fact there's a CPU Limit option in a 64bit only app is....well, it means they're not updating the right things for the last few versions. That's the biggest amount of programming irony you're likely to ever witness = A CPU Limit option in a 64bit app that can address over 4gb RAM.

Set your CPU Limit to None. Don't listen to anyone try and tell you otherwise either. I mix very large projects for a record label on a "No CPU Limit" Reason and literally have done it for 1000's of hours like that = there is no detrimental "anything" to setting your limit to none. It's absolutely a stupid feature that needed removed years ago.

Stop chasing down embarrassingly overkill specs. We need to expect better programming at this point.
+1
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

User avatar
michal22
Posts: 181
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Poland

Post 14 Apr 2018

CPU Performance vs. Real-Time Performance in Digital Audio Workstations (DAW):
*GREAT VIDEO*
Windows 10 & Reason 10 :)

drloop
Posts: 178
Joined: 27 Jan 2015

Post 15 Apr 2018

Jose wrote:
09 Feb 2018
i bought an i3 7100 and i cant run reason at all what kind of pc do i need to use 6 europas in a track i was thinking about amd fx 8350 since it has 8 cores but it is kinda old any recommendations ? Thanks
I run 6 Europa with my 8 years old i3 330m...
You should be able to run more then 10 europas easy!

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2246
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 15 Apr 2018

SA Studio wrote:
14 Apr 2018
The software is bottlenecked out of the box with the CPU Limit set at 80%.

I just spoke with Mattias the other day on FB pointing out its an antiquated option that the last OS that would have benefited from it was Windows XP.

Reason's problem has nothing to do with hardware but programming. The "CPU Limit" option is a legacy option from old versions of Reason that was never, ever removed. It's to benefit weak computers, again, from over a decade ago. The fact that Reason is now 64bit, that "CPU Limit" option is not only a dinosaur and not needed at all, it completely ties people hands out of the box. But the fact there's a CPU Limit option in a 64bit only app is....well, it means they're not updating the right things for the last few versions. That's the biggest amount of programming irony you're likely to ever witness = A CPU Limit option in a 64bit app that can address over 4gb RAM.

Set your CPU Limit to None. Don't listen to anyone try and tell you otherwise either. I mix very large projects for a record label on a "No CPU Limit" Reason and literally have done it for 1000's of hours like that = there is no detrimental "anything" to setting your limit to none. It's absolutely a stupid feature that needed removed years ago.

Stop chasing down embarrassingly overkill specs. We need to expect better programming at this point.
I really don't see the point of your post to this thread.

I see it as more of, look at me I told PH the other day of what I (as in YOU) think is an issue and I must be right as I work on large projects for record label. whopee shit.
well, it means they're not updating the right things for the last few versions
Changing this will make no difference to Reason, it's option you can make the change yourself, so lets update things we can't control.
A CPU Limit option in a 64bit app that can address over 4gb RAM.
First what does memory have to do this option, 2nd 32 bit apps can use over 4gb of memory so that limit is not an issue, even going back 86 chips you could do that, that's memory paging for you.. hell my C64 could do that.

If anything now that they have enabled hyper-threading and it's not the fact that they have enabled hyper-threading it's more down to with that option enabled they now use all available cores means a run away process can hang your system. With hyper-threading not enabled it also means X-1 cores used so running it without any CPU limits is not an issue as if it ran away you can still have control of your system.

Now hyper-threading was only added due to VST's (due to their own way of running and Reason has no real control over them), enabling hyper-threading on Reason "only" you were not going to see any benefits as Reason is pretty well written (not saying it's not time for an rewrite), I have always said number crunching programs that make good use of hyper-threading are poorly written programs. Number crunching programs that don't use hyper-threading will run much faster.

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 1875
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 15 Apr 2018

SA Studio wrote:
14 Apr 2018
That's the biggest amount of programming irony you're likely to ever witness = A CPU Limit option in a 64bit app that can address over 4gb RAM.
This is not correct. CPU limits (or the need for them) have nothing whatsoever to do with how much RAM can be accessed or whether the executable is running in 32 or 64 bit mode at all.
---

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 4971
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 15 Apr 2018

Oh lardy. Ras Cricket has returned from his deep slumber? This should be interesting!
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 |  Studio One 3.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 4.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1086
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 15 Apr 2018

At least the CPU limit is an option guys. It’s not mandatory. You can choose not to use it.

On some systems not having the CPU limit can make your computer freeze up and become unresponsive on heavy song projects. The blue screen is still a thing.

kitekrazy
Posts: 668
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 15 Apr 2018

SA Studio wrote:
14 Apr 2018
The software is bottlenecked out of the box with the CPU Limit set at 80%.

I just spoke with Mattias the other day on FB pointing out its an antiquated option that the last OS that would have benefited from it was Windows XP.

Reason's problem has nothing to do with hardware but programming. The "CPU Limit" option is a legacy option from old versions of Reason that was never, ever removed. It's to benefit weak computers, again, from over a decade ago. The fact that Reason is now 64bit, that "CPU Limit" option is not only a dinosaur and not needed at all, it completely ties people hands out of the box. But the fact there's a CPU Limit option in a 64bit only app is....well, it means they're not updating the right things for the last few versions. That's the biggest amount of programming irony you're likely to ever witness = A CPU Limit option in a 64bit app that can address over 4gb RAM.

Set your CPU Limit to None. Don't listen to anyone try and tell you otherwise either. I mix very large projects for a record label on a "No CPU Limit" Reason and literally have done it for 1000's of hours like that = there is no detrimental "anything" to setting your limit to none. It's absolutely a stupid feature that needed removed years ago.

Stop chasing down embarrassingly overkill specs. We need to expect better programming at this point.
That's why Reaper is becoming more popular. The reality is though developers are getting lazy. See the gaming industry. There is always going to be some program that will tax the best systems.

User avatar
jjpscott01
Posts: 52
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: USA

Post 15 Apr 2018

For what its worth, I build/repair, and modify computers for a living so I figure I'd throw my two cents in here.

First off, AMD Ryzen processors are great for certain things. I've built machines with the 3, 5, and 7 series processors and I can tell you that audio seems to be the one area where they need attention. You can run a very nice Video Production or gaming rig off of these guys and they scream. There are currently latency issues that need to be resolved before they are used in a serious audio rig. I'm sure the second Generation of these will have some of these kinks worked out but for the time being I'd stick with Intel.

I can also tell you there is sooo much bad information online about "speed" and "power" when it comes to processors . Even the popular benchmark sites out there can mislead you into buying the wrong processor. For instance, I've installed several new (6th and 7th gen) Intel core I5 and I7's that perform on par with with a mid-2000'S Core 2 Duo when it comes to audio! The benchmark scores for some of these would have you believe they can smoke any early generation processor but its just not the case. One of the best performing Audio machines I have myself has a Intel Core I5 4440 processor and 16GB of DDR3 Ram. Reason 10 with tons of VST's run like a dream on this thing and its a 4th Gen processor. CPUBoss scores it at a 6.0 on performance but it'll destroy many of the new generation I7's that they consistently award 8.0 and 9.0s.

My point is, there are a ton of factors that come in to play when it comes to audio work and processor speed. Optimization (especially in Windows 10) is huge and can make a big difference in performance. There are some great Windows 10 performance tweaking sites out there that can help with this. Some great processors that I can recommend for audio based on real world results are....

Intel I7 2600K
Intel I5 4440
intel I7 3770
Intel I5 7600k
Intel I7 4790 and 4790k

Anyway, hope something in here helps and If I can think of any others that impressed me I'll try to drop in and share those as well. Cheers
| REASON 9 | STUDIO ONE PRO 3 | SAMPLITUDE PROX2 | BALANCE | PRESONUS TUBEPRE V2 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR KEYBOARDS |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

superpop
Posts: 79
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 15 Apr 2018

jjpscott01 wrote:
15 Apr 2018
For what its worth, I build/repair, and modify computers for a living so I figure I'd throw my two cents in here.

First off, AMD Ryzen processors are great for certain things. I've built machines with the 3, 5, and 7 series processors and I can tell you that audio seems to be the one area where they need attention. You can run a very nice Video Production or gaming rig off of these guys and they scream. There are currently latency issues that need to be resolved before they are used in a serious audio rig. I'm sure the second Generation of these will have some of these kinks worked out but for the time being I'd stick with Intel.

I can also tell you there is sooo much bad information online about "speed" and "power" when it comes to processors . Even the popular benchmark sites out there can mislead you into buying the wrong processor. For instance, I've installed several new (6th and 7th gen) Intel core I5 and I7's that perform on par with with a mid-2000'S Core 2 Duo when it comes to audio! The benchmark scores for some of these would have you believe they can smoke any early generation processor but its just not the case. One of the best performing Audio machines I have myself has a Intel Core I5 4440 processor and 16GB of DDR3 Ram. Reason 10 with tons of VST's run like a dream on this thing and its a 4th Gen processor. CPUBoss scores it at a 6.0 on performance but it'll destroy many of the new generation I7's that they consistently award 8.0 and 9.0s.

My point is, there are a ton of factors that come in to play when it comes to audio work and processor speed. Optimization (especially in Windows 10) is huge and can make a big difference in performance. There are some great Windows 10 performance tweaking sites out there that can help with this. Some great processors that I can recommend for audio based on real world results are....

Intel I7 2600K
Intel I5 4440
intel I7 3770
Intel I5 7600k
Intel I7 4790 and 4790k

Anyway, hope something in here helps and If I can think of any others that impressed me I'll try to drop in and share those as well. Cheers
Just curious why not I7 4770k?

User avatar
jjpscott01
Posts: 52
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: USA

Post 16 Apr 2018

superpop wrote:
15 Apr 2018
jjpscott01 wrote:
15 Apr 2018
For what its worth, I build/repair, and modify computers for a living so I figure I'd throw my two cents in here.

First off, AMD Ryzen processors are great for certain things. I've built machines with the 3, 5, and 7 series processors and I can tell you that audio seems to be the one area where they need attention. You can run a very nice Video Production or gaming rig off of these guys and they scream. There are currently latency issues that need to be resolved before they are used in a serious audio rig. I'm sure the second Generation of these will have some of these kinks worked out but for the time being I'd stick with Intel.

I can also tell you there is sooo much bad information online about "speed" and "power" when it comes to processors . Even the popular benchmark sites out there can mislead you into buying the wrong processor. For instance, I've installed several new (6th and 7th gen) Intel core I5 and I7's that perform on par with with a mid-2000'S Core 2 Duo when it comes to audio! The benchmark scores for some of these would have you believe they can smoke any early generation processor but its just not the case. One of the best performing Audio machines I have myself has a Intel Core I5 4440 processor and 16GB of DDR3 Ram. Reason 10 with tons of VST's run like a dream on this thing and its a 4th Gen processor. CPUBoss scores it at a 6.0 on performance but it'll destroy many of the new generation I7's that they consistently award 8.0 and 9.0s.

My point is, there are a ton of factors that come in to play when it comes to audio work and processor speed. Optimization (especially in Windows 10) is huge and can make a big difference in performance. There are some great Windows 10 performance tweaking sites out there that can help with this. Some great processors that I can recommend for audio based on real world results are....

Intel I7 2600K
Intel I5 4440
intel I7 3770
Intel I5 7600k
Intel I7 4790 and 4790k

Anyway, hope something in here helps and If I can think of any others that impressed me I'll try to drop in and share those as well. Cheers
Just curious why not I7 4770k?
I've tested the 4770k with video on a few machines and it did well but I haven't personally used it for audio. I'm sure it would perform nicely but I only listed a few that I had used in audio-focused builds enough to recommend. .
| REASON 9 | STUDIO ONE PRO 3 | SAMPLITUDE PROX2 | BALANCE | PRESONUS TUBEPRE V2 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR KEYBOARDS |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

mtbh
Posts: 19
Joined: 09 Jun 2017

Post 17 Apr 2018

jjpscott01 wrote:
15 Apr 2018
For what its worth, I build/repair, and modify computers for a living so I figure I'd throw my two cents in here.

First off, AMD Ryzen processors are great for certain things. I've built machines with the 3, 5, and 7 series processors and I can tell you that audio seems to be the one area where they need attention. You can run a very nice Video Production or gaming rig off of these guys and they scream. There are currently latency issues that need to be resolved before they are used in a serious audio rig. I'm sure the second Generation of these will have some of these kinks worked out but for the time being I'd stick with Intel.

I can also tell you there is sooo much bad information online about "speed" and "power" when it comes to processors . Even the popular benchmark sites out there can mislead you into buying the wrong processor. For instance, I've installed several new (6th and 7th gen) Intel core I5 and I7's that perform on par with with a mid-2000'S Core 2 Duo when it comes to audio! The benchmark scores for some of these would have you believe they can smoke any early generation processor but its just not the case. One of the best performing Audio machines I have myself has a Intel Core I5 4440 processor and 16GB of DDR3 Ram. Reason 10 with tons of VST's run like a dream on this thing and its a 4th Gen processor. CPUBoss scores it at a 6.0 on performance but it'll destroy many of the new generation I7's that they consistently award 8.0 and 9.0s.

My point is, there are a ton of factors that come in to play when it comes to audio work and processor speed. Optimization (especially in Windows 10) is huge and can make a big difference in performance. There are some great Windows 10 performance tweaking sites out there that can help with this. Some great processors that I can recommend for audio based on real world results are....

Intel I7 2600K
Intel I5 4440
intel I7 3770
Intel I5 7600k
Intel I7 4790 and 4790k

Anyway, hope something in here helps and If I can think of any others that impressed me I'll try to drop in and share those as well. Cheers
I have a 2600k and is considering upgrading to 8700k. Your post got my curious, however, so if you could point me in a direction for things I could try to optimize in windows 10. Do you have any good links to share how to go about doing this? :puf_smile:

User avatar
jjpscott01
Posts: 52
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: USA

Post 17 Apr 2018

Yeah there is a guy on Youtube has an optimization guide for windows 10 that is almost identical to how I do machines I build. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYbFmB2rDw&t=32s Its a half hour long video but it's the best and most thorough I've seen thus far. Hope this helps and If you have any questions I'll try and check back on this thread.
| REASON 9 | STUDIO ONE PRO 3 | SAMPLITUDE PROX2 | BALANCE | PRESONUS TUBEPRE V2 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR KEYBOARDS |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 1875
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Apr 2018

jjpscott01 wrote:
15 Apr 2018
The benchmark scores for some of these would have you believe they can smoke any early generation processor but its just not the case.
It would be great if Reason had the Reason CPU stress test run during install (also available in the menu) to crowdsource CPU benchmarks, posting it to some ReasonTalk CPU benchmark database.
---

User avatar
jjpscott01
Posts: 52
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: USA

Post 17 Apr 2018

avasopht wrote:
17 Apr 2018
jjpscott01 wrote:
15 Apr 2018
The benchmark scores for some of these would have you believe they can smoke any early generation processor but its just not the case.
It would be great if Reason had the Reason CPU stress test run during install (also available in the menu) to crowdsource CPU benchmarks, posting it to some ReasonTalk CPU benchmark database.
Yeah I agree this would be very helpful
| REASON 9 | STUDIO ONE PRO 3 | SAMPLITUDE PROX2 | BALANCE | PRESONUS TUBEPRE V2 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR KEYBOARDS |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

User avatar
Raveshaper
Posts: 1002
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Apr 2018

SA Studio wrote:
14 Apr 2018
The software is bottlenecked out of the box with the CPU Limit set at 80%.

I just spoke with Mattias the other day on FB pointing out its an antiquated option that the last OS that would have benefited from it was Windows XP.

Reason's problem has nothing to do with hardware but programming. The "CPU Limit" option is a legacy option from old versions of Reason that was never, ever removed. It's to benefit weak computers, again, from over a decade ago. The fact that Reason is now 64bit, that "CPU Limit" option is not only a dinosaur and not needed at all, it completely ties people hands out of the box. But the fact there's a CPU Limit option in a 64bit only app is....well, it means they're not updating the right things for the last few versions. That's the biggest amount of programming irony you're likely to ever witness = A CPU Limit option in a 64bit app that can address over 4gb RAM.

Set your CPU Limit to None. Don't listen to anyone try and tell you otherwise either. I mix very large projects for a record label on a "No CPU Limit" Reason and literally have done it for 1000's of hours like that = there is no detrimental "anything" to setting your limit to none. It's absolutely a stupid feature that needed removed years ago.

Stop chasing down embarrassingly overkill specs. We need to expect better programming at this point.
Amen.

This is why I'm not upgrading anymore. Things are borked in ways that are very basic but have not been fixed for years. Usually only another programmer will spot these things. Everything that gets added breaks stuff that was fine before. And the elephant in the room is that technically the code can't be updated.

Each new stock device since version 3 is the property of the dev contracted out to build it. You can't improve Malstrom for example because that belongs to Magnus Lindstrom. There's so much legacy code that native Reason is basically a curated time capsule of other people's work. It can't change internally the way you say it must.

And if I'm wrong, why is everything done in such a fragile and messy way with no updates or when something is updated it breaks.

I'm not paying any more money for twenty years of beta release packaged as final version.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

djadalaide
Posts: 127
Joined: 11 May 2018

Post 22 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
14 Apr 2018
Hopefully AMD will have fixed the poor low audio buffer performance of Ryzen in the new chips...
I'm running a Ryzen 1700 in a laptop at 3.6Ghz on all cores with a very heavy song with lots of softube rack extensions, synths, totally sequenced using players and it makes no difference whether i run at 64, 512 or 2048 samples.

I think its probably the threadripper architecture that has to run at higher latency because its a dual cpu system, but this laptop i'm running is the equivalent to a 5960x overclocked to the same speed, in fact i don't think that intel machine can even run 64 samples using the balance interface at any load, which is a much better device than the reaktek hd audio with asio4all that i'm using here, and that machine has faster memory, and has a much more highly tuned windows installation plus its using water cooling, and it glitches like hell on anything lower than 256.

And.. Just so i'm clear, at 64 samples i hit play and it instantly starts so no additional latency added by the cpu.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 4971
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 22 May 2018

djadalaide wrote:
22 May 2018
EnochLight wrote:
14 Apr 2018
Hopefully AMD will have fixed the poor low audio buffer performance of Ryzen in the new chips...
I'm running a Ryzen 1700 in a laptop at 3.6Ghz on all cores with a very heavy song with lots of softube rack extensions, synths, totally sequenced using players and it makes no difference whether i run at 64, 512 or 2048 samples.

I think its probably the threadripper architecture that has to run at higher latency because its a dual cpu system, but this laptop i'm running is the equivalent to a 5960x overclocked to the same speed, in fact i don't think that intel machine can even run 64 samples using the balance interface at any load, which is a much better device than the reaktek hd audio with asio4all that i'm using here, and that machine has faster memory, and has a much more highly tuned windows installation plus its using water cooling, and it glitches like hell on anything lower than 256.

And.. Just so i'm clear, at 64 samples i hit play and it instantly starts so no additional latency added by the cpu.
It wasn't just Threadripper that suffered from low audio latency performance; it was Ryzen - as evidenced in this Scan Pro Audio review here:

http://www.scanproaudio.info/2017/03/02 ... for-audio/

That said, perhaps your build is using more mature drivers/BIOS that helped address early teething issues with Ryzen? Who knows... :)

To be clear, what was found is that Intel performed better at lower latencies than Ryzen. That's not to say that you still can't use Ryzen (or Threadripper) for audio production.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 |  Studio One 3.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 4.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro

jimmyklane
Posts: 737
Joined: 16 Apr 2018

Post 22 May 2018

Jose wrote:
09 Feb 2018
i bought an i3 7100 and i cant run reason at all what kind of pc do i need to use 6 europas in a track i was thinking about amd fx 8350 since it has 8 cores but it is kinda old any recommendations ? Thanks
6 Europas? I would think you’d have no problem running those with what you’ve got...is your computer properly optimized for audio? Stock Reason devices are incredibly light on CPU....so much so that it consistently amazes me that they sound so good. I’ll admit that I’m still trying to hit the limits of Europa, so you might be using more CPU with intense mod-matrix patches, but I’d like to know what OS, RAM, Clock speed, etc of your system
DAW: Reason 10,

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

User avatar
GRIFTY
Posts: 608
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2018

Jose wrote:
09 Feb 2018
i bought an i3 7100 and i cant run reason at all what kind of pc do i need to use 6 europas in a track i was thinking about amd fx 8350 since it has 8 cores but it is kinda old any recommendations ? Thanks
stick with something you can swap in on your current mobo. lga 1151 socket compatible: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductL ... Submit=ENE

this will be a better buy than an entirely new chipset. also, just don't buy an 8350, it's badly outdated at this point and will only get worse. if you desire to switch to amd get ryzen

User avatar
buddard
Posts: 481
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2018

Raveshaper wrote:
18 Apr 2018
And the elephant in the room is that technically the code can't be updated.

Each new stock device since version 3 is the property of the dev contracted out to build it. You can't improve Malstrom for example because that belongs to Magnus Lindstrom. There's so much legacy code that native Reason is basically a curated time capsule of other people's work. It can't change internally the way you say it must.
To me, this sounds like an awful lot of speculation (and I know some of the above statements to be untrue for sure) that is stated as if it were fact. In my humble opinion this is a sure way to start rumors that most probably are inaccurate. I'm not sure if this is really what you want to achieve by posting this?

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 4971
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2018

buddard wrote:
23 May 2018
Raveshaper wrote:
18 Apr 2018
And the elephant in the room is that technically the code can't be updated.

Each new stock device since version 3 is the property of the dev contracted out to build it. You can't improve Malstrom for example because that belongs to Magnus Lindstrom. There's so much legacy code that native Reason is basically a curated time capsule of other people's work. It can't change internally the way you say it must.
To me, this sounds like an awful lot of speculation (and I know some of the above statements to be untrue for sure) that is stated as if it were fact. In my humble opinion this is a sure way to start rumors that most probably are inaccurate. I'm not sure if this is really what you want to achieve by posting this?
I ignored the post because I thought he was kidding. It's not even speculation - it's more like Trump-era "alternative fact"! :lol:
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 |  Studio One 3.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 4.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 1875
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
23 May 2018
I ignored the post because I thought he was kidding. It's not even speculation - it's more like Trump-era "alternative fact"! :lol:
Yeah, I'm sure he was joking, ...

#helpABrotherStyleItOut :roll:
---

User avatar
Raveshaper
Posts: 1002
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 May 2018

buddard wrote:
23 May 2018
To me, this sounds like an awful lot of speculation (and I know some of the above statements to be untrue for sure) that is stated as if it were fact. In my humble opinion this is a sure way to start rumors that most probably are inaccurate. I'm not sure if this is really what you want to achieve by posting this?
You trimmed off the part where i say "if I'm wrong then [why do updates feel like fragile patches]".

I stand corrected if this isn't true. But then, riddle me this: why do updates to the app and the seeming core architecture of the code in Reason itself feel like it was written by people who don't know computer science?

Basic things are done in very old and very remedial ways that contemporary computing has long since grown out of for the most part.

In short:
If the code can be improved and freely evolve over time to get better, why isn't.

EDIT: By contrast, Image Line makes release candidates available to established customers specifically for testing to make sure they get it right before releasing it as retail, and they put in lots of new features and improvements, not a couple things that shouldn't have taken a couple of years to build.

If one or two people are working on this on the few months they aren't on perpetual vacation, what did Verdane buy, exactly?

There needs to be some good faith transparency here. Something smells.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

User avatar
Oquasec
Posts: 2022
Joined: 05 Mar 2017

Post 24 May 2018

CPU: i3 and up only. Athlon and up only. no less than 2ghz.
Ram: 4gb for 32bit only apps. more for 64bit apps.
Harddrive: 1-8TB.
Motherboard:2 ram slots. Supports the other parts you trynna add to it.
--------------------------------------
If using a rig with a really good cpu then you can just go to sleep at 25% max setclock most of the time no worries.
Get an interface. Kicks the daw's ass by itself.
If not building, no less then 200 for desktop. If getting a laptop must be at least a razer/asus/hp/dell/lenovo.
Producer/Sound Designer.
Anything works.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Adabler, chrischrischris, CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests