Is props user support down?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
reasonable

04 Feb 2018

Does anyone know the direct email link to reach Props management? I can't find it anywhere. I have been trying to get a PC authorization problem resolved through the online user support but have not had a response, despite repeating the request for the last month. Is their helpline down?

chimp_spanner

04 Feb 2018

Not that I'm aware of, although I haven't had to use support any time recently. What exactly is the problem? Maybe someone here can help :)

Loque

04 Feb 2018

No, but seriously slow. You can try support@propellerheads.se
Or Facebook or Twitter
Reason12, Win10

Aosta

04 Feb 2018

Loque wrote:
04 Feb 2018
Or Facebook or Twitter
This annoys me about props. Mattias has said that the best place to reach them is twitter or facebook but I don't use them and I'm sure there are a significant amount of customers that don't either.
Tend the flame

plasticfractal

04 Feb 2018

Perhaps. I put in a ticket last week and have not gotten a response yet.

reasonable

04 Feb 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 Feb 2018
Not that I'm aware of, although I haven't had to use support any time recently. What exactly is the problem? Maybe someone here can help :)
Since you asked what the problem is here it is in essence: I attempted to update my PC authorization after upgrading Reason and Rack Extensions. The process was taking a very long time, with the Sync 'hanging' for several hours without completing successfully. In my efforts to remedy this, I reformatted the system and tried to de-authorize and re-authorize my PC, in an attempt to reset it. Unfortunately this didn't work. I suspect this is an 'administration' issue, but since Props fail to respond to my repeated requests, I am left without the use of my PC offline.

moneykube

04 Feb 2018

perhaps this became an added factor if you did not deauthorize before system changes,,, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7505181
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

chimp_spanner

04 Feb 2018

reasonable wrote:
04 Feb 2018
chimp_spanner wrote:
04 Feb 2018
Since you asked what the problem is here it is in essence: I attempted to update my PC authorization after upgrading Reason and Rack Extensions. The process was taking a very long time, with the Sync 'hanging' for several hours without completing successfully. In my efforts to remedy this, I reformatted the system and tried to de-authorize and re-authorize my PC, in an attempt to reset it. Unfortunately this didn't work. I suspect this is an 'administration' issue, but since Props fail to respond to my repeated requests, I am left without the use of my PC offline.
Sounds like a nightmare dude! Can I ask what OS? I've been lucky in that I haven't had any authorization issues. I've only had to de-authorize (mark my computer as lost or something) when I've done a re-install or changed hardware, but it works okay.

Have you tried creating Windows Defender exceptions for the authorizer (or just deactivating it entirely during the process)? It's odd that it would still give you issues after a complete re-format, though.

reasonable

04 Feb 2018

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2018
perhaps this became an added factor if you did not deauthorize before system changes,,, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7505181
Thanks for the link- kind of relieved that I am not alone with this problem. Have only been waiting a month so perhaps it will be resolved imminently! Incidentally, I have 'gone back' a number of times using previous 'ghost' images without having to de-authorize my PC- so something has changed somewhere.

reasonable

04 Feb 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 Feb 2018
reasonable wrote:
04 Feb 2018

Sounds like a nightmare dude! Can I ask what OS? I've been lucky in that I haven't had any authorization issues. I've only had to de-authorize (mark my computer as lost or something) when I've done a re-install or changed hardware, but it works okay.

Have you tried creating Windows Defender exceptions for the authorizer (or just deactivating it entirely during the process)? It's odd that it would still give you issues after a complete re-format, though.
Thanks for your comment- my OS is Win 7 and Windows defender is disabled by default so I don't think that was the issue.

moneykube

04 Feb 2018

reasonable wrote:
04 Feb 2018
moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2018
Thanks for the link- kind of relieved that I am not alone with this problem. Have only been waiting a month so perhaps it will be resolved imminently! Incidentally, I have 'gone back' a number of times using previous 'ghost' images without having to de-authorize my PC- so something has changed somewhere.
month waiting wow... I too reverted my mac os a number of times in the past with no problems... I think we may have been lucky nothing went wrong previously or as you say something has changed... I am still troubleshooting 10 now back and authorized... 9.2 seems the best... 9.5 a slight speed slow down... 10 a lot of slow down... got all three on my drive so I am able to function and test... last night 6 tracks of audio, and 1 instance of grain caused stuttering on a number of the patches. If something changed I would guess programming changes to program adding vst... still testing... using zero with Explore-Zero by softronics... in 10... with Sierra(and reinstalled reverted back to mountainlion ... I can only browse a few patches before it gets too slow message... the reason 9.5 with mountain lion I can get through more patches but still issues... 9.2.2 with mountain lion... finally got to check out all the patches in refill with no issue....testing with low resolution mode... mt rendering on and off... multi-core audio rendering on and off... every buffer size... zapping pram... tried 3 controllers and more... also in 9.5 and 10 I lowered sample rate to 44.1... yet 9.2.2 has no problems using 48 k... which I prefer because my library is all 48k because I work in film with the same files... very frustrating

Oquasec

05 Feb 2018

Make sure to verify your credentials (example, name on receipts)
Security questions.
Troubleshooting will be in effect when they hit ya up.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

moneykube

08 Feb 2018

likely the moral of the story is that Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to look for water :!:
27658050_10154968759446058_331760188686075076_n.jpg
27658050_10154968759446058_331760188686075076_n.jpg (30.3 KiB) Viewed 1678 times

napynap

09 Feb 2018

I'm hoping that Props takes customer support very seriously. None of us can have down time like this, especially for authentication/activation/DRM issues. I hope you get help soon! This worries me now.
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

• Information