POLL: How much would you pay for Mobile Reason? (and what would you like to see/or not see implemented?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

How much for mobile Reason?

1 - up to 19.99
8%
2 --20 - 24.99
2%
3 - 25 -29.99
7%
4 - 30 - 39.99
4%
5 - 40 - 49.99
5%
6 - over 50
8%
7 - not remotely interested
65%

Total votes: 167
stratatonic

02 Feb 2018

How much for a Mobile Reason for iPad?

What would you like to see/or not implemented?

A full feature set? Or a barebones mobile Reason with lots of Inter App purchases?

Maybe individual mobile Reason devices could also be AUv3 - Audio Unit Extensions? Or better self-contained within the program?
Last edited by stratatonic on 10 Sep 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Loque

02 Feb 2018

I miss "nothing". I don't need this.
Reason12, Win10

Rason

02 Feb 2018

stratatonic wrote:How much for a Mobile Reason?

What would you like to see/or not implemented?

A full feature set? Or a barebones mobile Reason with lots of Inter App purchases?

Maybe individual mobile Reason devices could also be AUv3 - Audio Unit Extensions? Or better self-contained within the program?
Hello I wouldnt produce on mobile bcs it would be unconfortable and I see no point in limiting myself to such small environment and all the trade offs for the " mobility". And lets say I am waiting in traffic jam and I say to myself :hmm I have couple minutes, lets make some quickie hah.. No seriously I would really like to see ppl demanding this and their reasons. Maybe DJs who travel a lot, but thats not my case.

Odesláno

jayhosking

02 Feb 2018

I don't need or want a mobile Reason. I have a laptop for making music in other locations, and when I'm in transit, I'd rather read a book than fiddle with a phone or tablet.

brian_spratt

02 Feb 2018

The thought of trying to record, edit, arrange, mix, and master on a little iPad screen seems crazy to me. And doing it all without all the physical I/O and gear. Talk about a workflow killer. So, yeah... $0

sdst
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2018

my Reason is moving with the earth every day, No need more

chaosroyale

02 Feb 2018

I already HAVE "Mobile Reason" AKA Reason installed on an ultraportable PC/tablet. Reason already lags behind in GUI and performance issues, so there is no excuse wasting time on a mobile version only to handicap it even further. Furthermore, tablets are getting more and more powerful so full DAWs will run just fine on the smallest and lightest PCs in a year or 2. No need to develop a downgraded version.

JRJulius

02 Feb 2018

Thor for iPad has an amazing keyboard design so I would love to see a mobile Reason — provided they treated it more like a big collection of instruments than a full-fledged mobile DAW.

Give us most of R10’s instruments, a basic sequencer with Figure-style pattern definition, the Thor keyboard, Kong pads, and keep the focus on playability. Korg Gadget is too focused on the sequencer (IMO — onscreen keys are tiny) and GarageBand doesn’t offer enough control over the sound (IMO — it’s all based on presets and Smart Controls). Propellerheads has serious goldilocks potential, and most of the pieces are already on iOS. They just need to put everything together.

I would also settle for MIDI Out from Thor iOS. It’s a really good touchscreen keyboard.

sublunar

02 Feb 2018

Surprised by the total lack of interest here. I use Caustic 3 and it's pretty rad. I'm not one of those people who's always on my phone and kinda hate touch screens, but shit man, I'd take mobile Reason (as long as it was actually functional, like Caustic 3 is) for 20 bucks. Not sure I like phones/touch screens enough to want to pay more than that, but Caustic is fun and Reason would be funnerer.

aeox
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2018

chaosroyale wrote:
02 Feb 2018
I already HAVE "Mobile Reason" AKA Reason installed on an ultraportable PC/tablet. Reason already lags behind in GUI and performance issues, so there is no excuse wasting time on a mobile version only to handicap it even further. Furthermore, tablets are getting more and more powerful so full DAWs will run just fine on the smallest and lightest PCs in a year or 2. No need to develop a downgraded version.
DAWs on tablets has been a reality for a while now. I use to make complete, heavy DSP tracks with a surface pro 1st gen :thumbs_up:

FlowerSoldier

02 Feb 2018

I would pay them $25 to introduce Shift+Click to select multiple mixer faders, add track folders, and add text input to set values.

Psuper

02 Feb 2018

If I knew for certain Propellerhead had resources to work on Reason, I'd pay them to NOT work on Mobile and focus on their DAW instead. Not instruments, not 3rd party, the backend that has been severely lacking for far too long.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

4filegate

03 Feb 2018

We believe that we're on the face of the Earth to make great products. But we're a product of the earth, and not the earth is a product of us.
The hidden value of the metals inside our old electronics, and how we might best extract those materials is one of the topics.
But once you start thinking at the big scale, it looks a lot more attractive; Billions of people currently have a smartphone.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2018

Not interested at all. I like to work on my computer with my monitors. There's just no way to make the experience remotely as good. Too many trade offs.

It's been mentioned already but I would much rather have Propellerhead spending their time on other things.

madmacman

03 Feb 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Feb 2018
Not interested at all. I like to work on my computer with my monitors. There's just no way to make the experience remotely as good. Too many trade offs.
^^ this!

My 15" laptop display with keyboard and mouse is the absolute minimum for a proper workflow. I use the iPad as 2nd screen. One of my friends (using Cubase) has four screens - as a hobbyist!

And even as a portable notepad for composing while traveling etc. this kind of stuff sucks, even if you can import the outcomes directly into their desktop DAW counterpart. I tried it with Garageband and Cubasis (both iPad), but the screen size, the cramped UI, and the touch access simply keeps me off. Never really got good stuff out of it.

Oquasec

03 Feb 2018

I'll just stick to the desktop version since I use a windows tablet and a regular desktop.
For mobile it should have the same functionality as the thor synth basically.

IOS in C++ so I think it makes more sense for them to do that version only.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

antic604

03 Feb 2018

No need for that. Also, it would probably be only for iOS and I hate Apple, so there's that as well.

tc13

03 Feb 2018

Last year PH wanted people to sign up to be part of a "mobile pilot group" to test prototypes and early concepts....

So I'll guess it's only a question of when it will be released.

Psuper

03 Feb 2018

tc13 wrote:
03 Feb 2018
Last year PH wanted people to sign up to be part of a "mobile pilot group" to test prototypes and early concepts....

So I'll guess it's only a question of when it will be released.
I remember that, I sent them an email stating they were wasting their time and resources and why. Doubt they listened, hope for their sake they did.

Mobile *anything* sounds cool in concept, but fails miserably if you aim to actually get something done. Talking on the phone, sending txt messages, pissing around with a game or watching vids is one thing, trying to actually compose is another and it doesn't matter what kind of mobile device you're using, nor where. Its simply far inferior in almost every way that gets shoveled aside quite quickly after the novelty wears off.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

PhillipOrdonez

03 Feb 2018

I like the idea. Hypothetically, being able to compose when away from home and with time to spare (waiting at airports, at the plane) would not be a bad use of time, assuming that the projects can be opened on computers and vice versa. However, I believe this should be a feature available for free for Reason owners. So those who buy the program get the mobile version for free (the same for those who upgrade to the latest version). Those who buy the mobile version should get a discount price to get Reason as well, for if they are not users already, they could get hooked on the program though the mobile version.

Oh, and please, please make it for Android.

groggy1

03 Feb 2018

Reason for mobile doesn't do it for me. I have zero desire to build a real song on an iPad.

I can see though, how it might be fun to play with for 20 minutes though: Reason does have a bunch instruments built-in and FX, so it seams like you would have a lot of choices to string stuff together. I guess what I mean is, it would be more fun than just launching "Thor for iOS". About 20 mins of fun. Yay.

Krell

03 Feb 2018

They should concentrate their efforts on the fundamental issues with Reason as their only priority. Any use of resources toward trying to capture a new, mobile market would be wasted. Besides, how are they going to make the UI scale across tablet infrastructure if they can't achieve it now across HD->4K?
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

chaosroyale

03 Feb 2018

"Introducing Reason M! Fully scalable retina-ready graphics? you got it! Touch-optimised faders and knobs? Check! Choose from 5 different EDM instruments and upload the result directly to soundcloud!"

"And here's Reason 11! ..It's Reason 10 with more licensed romplers, the old GUI, and a physically modeled cowbell!"

Sorry- I ate too much blue cheese and had a nightmare.

talex

03 Feb 2018

If someones driving I can put my headphones on and have fun with my laptop.
Last edited by talex on 03 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye

03 Feb 2018

I really really hope somebody from Propellerhead reads this thread.

This is the reason Reason has been left to rot - because they are squandering all their resources on an iPad version that nobody wants.

• Information