Anybody else do the PH survey in email?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
United South

26 Jan 2018

If not you need to I feel like big changes are coming.

Jagwah

26 Jan 2018

United South wrote:
26 Jan 2018
If not you need to I feel like big changes are coming.
No, what kind of questions did they ask?

More recently surveys such as this only went out to a few people from Props.

United South

26 Jan 2018

What DAWs do you use?
Did you leave a DAW you once used and why?
Which DAW do you feel is pro
Logic
Reason
Fl Studio
none
Which DAW do you feel is outdated.
Reason
Logic
Fl studio

A lot of questions about other DAWs and their workflow and what do you like about them.

moneykube

26 Jan 2018

no email here... you must be special :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

eusti

27 Jan 2018

Got it... Started it... But it went on for wayyyyyyyyy too long...

D.

antic604

27 Jan 2018

eusti wrote:
27 Jan 2018

D.
...and then you're gonna come here complaining Reason doesn't get developed the way YOU want? :?
Last edited by antic604 on 27 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2018

I did it.

Sort of a silly survey if you ask me.

Asks stuff like Which of these DAWS is used to create which genre?

Umm.. all daws are used to create all genres you silly goose. :D

Tumble

27 Jan 2018

Haven't gotten any survey from them.

eusti

27 Jan 2018

antic604 wrote:
27 Jan 2018
eusti wrote:
27 Jan 2018

D.
...and then you're gonna come here complaining Reason doesn't get developed the way YOU want? :?
Am I doing that?

D.

motuscott

27 Jan 2018

Got it, did it, still asking the musical question, What did I win?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

EdGrip

27 Jan 2018

aeox wrote:
27 Jan 2018
I did it.

Sort of a silly survey if you ask me.

Asks stuff like Which of these DAWS is used to create which genre?

Umm.. all daws are used to create all genres you silly goose. :D
I would hazard a wild guess that they are trying to get a feel for perception of DAW-genre links.
Also, "silly goose" is my favourite gentle insult.

There's always the worry to what extent the survey will just be spun as evidence for whatever the company was gonna do anyway.
But.
It's good that these questions are being asked!

EdGrip

27 Jan 2018

Here's my perceptions:
Pro Tools - big studios and big old-school producers who've been doing it since computers were a novelty. Producing big-ticket capital-A Artist albums, especially with OTB recorded sound. It's what they're used to, what they know, what they learned.

Cubase - bit of everything, but especially scoring (and other complex MIDI work)

Live - EDM, techno, hip-hop.

Reason - Techno, EDM, synthy-geeky-hardware-minded people (for the win!)

FL Studio - hip-hop.

S1 - somewhere between Cubase, Pro Tools and FL Studio.

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2018

EdGrip wrote:
27 Jan 2018
I would hazard a wild guess that they are trying to get a feel for perception of DAW-genre links.
Also, "silly goose" is my favourite gentle insult.

There's always the worry to what extent the survey will just be spun as evidence for whatever the company was gonna do anyway.
But.
It's good that these questions are being asked!
Yea, I guess I was expecting something a bit different. Maybe asking questions about workflow and stuff.

I'm sure the survey has a good purpose. I just couldn't take it seriously with those questions.

Ottostrom

27 Jan 2018

I really hope this kind of research leads to more development in the audio recording/editing area.
Using Reason for indie acoustic music can really be a pain sometime, and that is all I do nowadays.
The comp mode is quite good and easy to work with, but the fact that you cant copy all of your comp settings to another audio track blows my mind. It makes something like recording a guitar with multiple mics a huge pain in the neck. I also wish you could draw the clip gain like in Pro tools so you didn't have to slice up the audio file to balance the dynamics, since slicing up the audio will get in the way of my comp mode editing later on.

United South

27 Jan 2018

moneykube wrote:
26 Jan 2018
no email here... you must be special :lol:
:lol: :mrgreen:

United South

27 Jan 2018

Ottostrom wrote:
27 Jan 2018
I really hope this kind of research leads to more development in the audio recording/editing area.
Using Reason for indie acoustic music can really be a pain sometime, and that is all I do nowadays.
The comp mode is quite good and easy to work with, but the fact that you cant copy all of your comp settings to another audio track blows my mind. It makes something like recording a guitar with multiple mics a huge pain in the neck. I also wish you could draw the clip gain like in Pro tools so you didn't have to slice up the audio file to balance the dynamics, since slicing up the audio will get in the way of my comp mode editing later on.
:thumbs_up:

United South

27 Jan 2018

:thumbs_up:
motuscott wrote:
27 Jan 2018
Got it, did it, still asking the musical question, What did I win?

demt

27 Jan 2018

mental surport of sorts basically for putting it on reasontalk
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

33db

27 Jan 2018

I did it, 3 of the multiple choice question would not allow me to continue even after I had selected the choices that fit me.
I mentioned this in the notes at the end.
To finish it I had to mark all the answers in 3 multiple choices areas with "does not apply to me" on all sections before I could finish.

Kind of silly, anyways I hope they don't turn it into Abelton or Fruityloops, Reason is unique and I love what it is.

Krell

27 Jan 2018

No survey here...

And why is Bitwig not included? I'd suggest it's actually the closest to Reason in many ways. :D
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

Catblack

27 Jan 2018

I thought I read on facebook that the survey was a scam of some sort and not from Propellerhead.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Psuper

27 Jan 2018

I mentioned this a few days ago when I took the survey: I got a "questionnaire" from them for the first time in the 11+ years I've owned Reason, so there's hope however it seemed more like "Please tell us you like it the way it is". Which makes me wonder if it's actually going to be used to help their direction, or used as a cherry picked marketing spin.

Lets hope they actually gleamed some good information from it - I sure didn't hold back the raw suggestions among their attempts to pigeon hole an opinion.

It did look suspect. however surveys are typically done with 3rd party and I have super PC shields.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

33db

27 Jan 2018

Catblack wrote:
27 Jan 2018
I thought I read on facebook that the survey was a scam of some sort and not from Propellerhead.
A scam? Hmmm possibly... here's what I got and it came from reason@userneeds.com
Dear Reason user

You receive this e-mail because you use Reason.

We are constantly developing what we do, and at the moment we are digging into the DAW market to learn to know your thoughts and needs regarding the digital music production software that are around and why you have chosen Reason.

We would very much appreciate if you could offer us a moment of your time to answer some questions. It would help us a lot in our future development of Reason and other services.

Thank you for your time and we hope you enjoy what we do.

Best regards,
Propellerhead

Please click the link below to enter the survey that is carried out by one of our business partners.

It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the survey.

If you cannot access the survey by clicking on the hyperlink, please copy the following link and paste it in your browser.

Your participation in this study is anonymous. If you have any questions regarding the above, please feel free to contact Jonas Karlsson via jonas@augur.se.

33db

27 Jan 2018

Catblack wrote:
27 Jan 2018
A scam? Hmmm possibly... here's what I got and it came from reason@userneeds.com
Dear Reason user

You receive this e-mail because you use Reason.

We are constantly developing what we do, and at the moment we are digging into the DAW market to learn to know your thoughts and needs regarding the digital music production software that are around and why you have chosen Reason.

We would very much appreciate if you could offer us a moment of your time to answer some questions. It would help us a lot in our future development of Reason and other services.

Thank you for your time and we hope you enjoy what we do.

Best regards,
Propellerhead

Please click the link below to enter the survey that is carried out by one of our business partners.

It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the survey.

If you cannot access the survey by clicking on the hyperlink, please copy the following link and paste it in your browser.

Your participation in this study is anonymous. If you have any questions regarding the above, please feel free to contact Jonas Karlsson via jonas@augur.se.

This is the augur website from the email at the end http://www.augur.se/
The email came from reason@userneeds.com here's their website: http://www.userneeds.com/market-research
The actual survey link takes you to https://www.nebu.com/ (with a bunch of extra stuff in the URL including dubinterviewer.dll which is disturbing)

QVprod

27 Jan 2018

I wouldn't be concerned about it being a scam. It didn't require a login or ask for any personal information. Propellerhead hasn't issued any warnings and they're the only ones (besides us) who have a a definitive list of Reason user email adresses. Especially emails tied to Propellerhead accounts. I filled one out myself.

• Information