How start/stop PSQ1684 with PSQ1684

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zycc

20 Jan 2018

I want to start a PSQ1684, let it run for 16 beats, say, then rest for 48 beats and loop like this. On top of that I want to add some randomness. I would guess a slow moving second PSQ1684 could be of use, but I have not figured out how to do it. By setting gate length to 100% I am at least able to trigger the first PSQ and make it continue to run (via the run in CV). I'm aiming for an orchestra with a central conductor starting and stopping stuff. Solutions with other devices also very much appreciated.

Edit: Looking at my previous post I tested the Matrix. That is OK for deterministic behavior, but not for the randomness.

Edit 2: I used the Grid Out in my first try. But now I'm trying with "sequencer aux out# from one into the "run in" of the player. This might be do the trick.

emilng

20 Jan 2018

This can be done with a single instance of PSQ by using pulses to mute other pulses. Say you have your 8 sequencers routed to different instruments and you want to turn all of them on an off at the same time. You set aside a pulse that's not being used for your sequencers then in the mod matrix you set that pulse as the source, amount to "-100", destination to the velocity of a sequencer you want to mute, then repeat this for all the sequencers you want to control with this pulse. The randomness of whether this turns on and off would be controlled by the "chaos" parameter for this pulse.

rcbuse
RE Developer

20 Jan 2018

zycc wrote:
20 Jan 2018
I want to start a PSQ1684, let it run for 16 beats, say, then rest for 48 beats and loop like this. On top of that I want to add some randomness. I would guess a slow moving second PSQ1684 could be of use, but I have not figured out how to do it. By setting gate length to 100% I am at least able to trigger the first PSQ and make it continue to run (via the run in CV). I'm aiming for an orchestra with a central conductor starting and stopping stuff. Solutions with other devices also very much appreciated.

Edit: Looking at my previous post I tested the Matrix. That is OK for deterministic behavior, but not for the randomness.

Edit 2: I used the Grid Out in my first try. But now I'm trying with "sequencer aux out# from one into the "run in" of the player. This might be do the trick.
An excellent way to slave and sequence multiple PSQs is to use the position gate outputs on a sequencer. Then you have one master sequence firing off the playing of others. Hook each position gate up to the run in. Set your master rate low like 16/4. Set the slaves to sync to tempo, not transport.
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 12.46.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 12.46.07 PM.png (390.56 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 12.46.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 12.46.16 PM.png (315.34 KiB) Viewed 939 times

zycc

17 Oct 2018

Hijackig my own thread here. I would like to map the "Paternize" sequence command to a Combinator button, but that seems not to be an option. If not, it would be a nice to include in a future upgrade.

Loque

17 Oct 2018

zycc wrote:
17 Oct 2018
Hijackig my own thread here. I would like to map the "Paternize" sequence command to a Combinator button, but that seems not to be an option. If not, it would be a nice to include in a future upgrade.
Can it be accessed via the mod matrix of PSQ?
Reason12, Win10

zycc

17 Oct 2018

Right, I did not check that. Will do next time I'm near Reason.

• Information