Issues connecting Boss Dr. Synth DS-330 via MIDI

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Hobocop

18 Jan 2018

Trying to troubleshoot my old Boss DS-330 connecting through Reason 10, so I can send MIDI data through reason to the DS-330. The audio of the Boss is coming through fine (tested via the patch sample button on the unit).

I'm using external midi controller (Roland system-1) through Reason, which controls every reason instrument fine, including other hardware synths connected to reason via MIDI through a Komplete Audio 6 interface. I've tested the exact same setup with a Volca and everything works as it should.

The Boss also receives MIDI data and plays notes no problem when directly connected to the MIDI out of the System-1. Just can't get it to bridge through Reason like I have been able to with the Volca...

Been trying to figure this out for a couple hours, I would appreciate if anyone has any insight!

Namyo85

21 Jan 2018

Erm... Flummoxed! The best I personally can do is ask are you using an External Midi Instrument (EMI) device as part of the setup? What's going on with the 'Control Surfaces' and 'Sync' settings on the Preferences page? Need more info about your setup really.

• Information