Samples in Redrum & Kong

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
graeme75

14 Jan 2018

Hi

If I had a 2 bar loop sample in kong, is it possible for that sample to stop whenever i hit stop on he transport bar? Currently if I hit stop on the transport bar anytime other that at the exact end of the 2 bar loop, the sample continues playing until it reaches the end of the loop

Cheers
Graeme

WongoTheSane

14 Jan 2018

Yes: in the editor, set the decay to 0 and the mode to Gated (the square one). In this case, the sample will play only as long as the note triggering it does, so it will stop when hitting Stop in the sequencer. Be aware though that you'll have to make sure that the notes triggering are long enough (2 bars in your case) for them to play the sample through in the sequencer.

gated.JPG
gated.JPG (22.55 KiB) Viewed 1028 times

esselfortium

14 Jan 2018

In addition to the above, it might also be worth considering using an audio track for the 2-bar loop, rather than triggering it as a midi note.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

graeme75

14 Jan 2018

Thanks for the info. The reason I have it (shaker loop) in Kong is I need to apply shuffle to it (from Regroove Mixer)and dont know how I do that for audio track. When i have tried bouncing to rex loop, it has a lot of artefacts in the bounced loop. Any ideas?

PhillipOrdonez

15 Jan 2018

graeme75 wrote:
14 Jan 2018
Thanks for the info. The reason I have it (shaker loop) in Kong is I need to apply shuffle to it (from Regroove Mixer)and dont know how I do that for audio track. When i have tried bouncing to rex loop, it has a lot of artefacts in the bounced loop. Any ideas?
What you are doing does not work. Adding groove to an audio loop stored in kong does not give the result that you desire,since ReGroove mixer can only do this to midi information.

Workaround 1: I suggest you chop up the loop and load it onto Dr Octo Rex, then program the rhythm (manually) on the sequencer and then apply the shuffle to the note lane. (make sure to disable the loop playback on the Dr Rex unit).

Workaround 2: Workaround 1: I suggest you chop up the loop and load it onto Dr Octo Rex. Following this, use the "copy loop to track" function. This could work depending on how you sliced the loop onto the dr Rex, then...

• Information