reverted os without deauthorizing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
moneykube

13 Jan 2018

reverted os without deauthorizing to test reason 9.2...9.5... and 10 on a system that worked well with 9.2.2... number of weeks troubleshooting and was tired when I reverted back... whoops... after I did this I could only use racks online or with ignition key... so deauthorized and tried reauthorizing... authorizer will not authorize computer at all now and even more racks will not work without online authorization or ignition key... support is really taking it's time answering this issue with the way to fix it... so... hopefully someone out there has gone through this and can point me in the right direction... reinstalled codemeter no success... also I reinstalled 9.5... one thing I noticed in my testing that is interesting... racks that were having too slow computer messages in reason 10... have far less problems in 9.5... and absolutely no issues in 9.2.2... for example ... using zero with Explore-Zero by softronics... in 10... with Sierra... I can only browse a few patches before it gets too slow message... the reason 9.5 with mountain lion I can get through more patches but still issues... 9.2.2 with mountain lion... finally got to check out all the patches in refill with no issue....
and before someone asks... this is testing with low resolution mode... mt rendering on and off... multi-core audio rendering on and off... every buffer size... zapping pram... tried 3 controllers and more... also in 9.5 and 10 I lowered sample rate to 44.1... yet 9.2.2 has no problems using 48 k... which I prefer because my library is all 48 k because I work in film with the same files... very frustrating... going past 3 weeks of solid testing now... late 2012 mac book pro... 2.6 ghz intel core i7... 16 gig ram... help anyone...????... on 10 it was crazy how quickly things died... 4 audio tracks and one re... in the end even grain did it with 4 tracks of audio...sluggish behavior... too slow messages . stuttering... would freeze up mouse for long periods... and cause multiple controllers to freeze on keys that have no problem in 9.2.2... plus the fan turned into a jet engine from hell... now in mountain lion os x.8.5... quite as a kitten... (intel fix could also be a factor but by this much?) that is like pre g3 speeds (a 20+ old computer) lol... in fact with the g3 I could do many tracks... even pre-g3 could do more ...
no vst used in this... I just want racks to work like they did... will try vst again when this mystery solved... ha... then I can rejoin the rest of you fighting for better vst optimization... reason user since 2.5... never seen anything like this before...open to any suggestions that get this working better... support is way to slow imo
added following 2 posts in first post here... it will not let me delete the others
Last edited by moneykube on 13 Jan 2018, edited 4 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

13 Jan 2018

help
Last edited by moneykube on 13 Jan 2018, edited 2 times in total.

moneykube

13 Jan 2018

:mrgreen: there less redundant text... note... to all that said I was over exaggerating the issues I was having... these issues are real and frustrating...
sorry I came off so angry in other posts as I was trouble shooting... but... this is really crazy :shock: :o :shock: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Loque

14 Jan 2018

If you cannot get your computer reauthorized, you may need to mark your computer as lost in your PH web account. Note, you can do this only a limited number. If you have done that more times than allowed, you need to contact support.

But damn, I feel with you... Especially with VSTs, iLok and all the other systems if my HD will crash next time or I forgot to deautorize some stuff.
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

14 Jan 2018

ok, thanks Loque... never knew of that option... will work with ignition key or on line for a few days or so and see what support has to say first... but we have been talking about the issues off and on for some time now... mainly off ha ha... so far they only ask lame questions, but after I blasted them in an email and they responded.... I responded back ... ok... step one authorization, before we move on to other issues... sigh they are really slow... had been trying for weeks to resolve the other issues... and decided to go this route out of desperation and because it will be more exact when trouble shooting, but since I never did this before I overlooked deauthorizing first... I will be putting 9.2.2, 9.5, and 10 on the same drive... compare and move on... if they can't get me authorized I guess I will try your suggestion... never buy software just before xmas lol... by the time support responds you can't even return the software because a month has passed... wow...I'll list this as a character building experience... still not happy as it toasted off about 3 weeks of my time troubleshooting because I could no longer make music without a number of issues popping up... a few more grey hairs :lol:

demt

14 Jan 2018

its that mass phycosis that insists we love red lining our computers what competition eh absolutely no sign of any sort of understanding all those wonderfull effecieny ratings nailed in the name of maxin your cpu. there must be a hundred songs about living on the edge,
scientiffically your cpu is well fast enough add red line phycosis{keep up with your neighbours etc] and its doomedas is every mac scince they started using intell chips and lost the benchmark wars,those dedicated warlike gamers and their 4.5ghz cpus are not going to give in.we have to learn to live along side them,they seem to accept anything over 3 ghz these days i know when im cheating myself at around3'5 ish gigs im saving up for a pro gaming rig 4.5ghz and will be obnoxiously horrible when red lining that wins.Well at least somewons happy even if it takes4.5 ghz to do it, it starts by setting all the settings to max 192khz etc and watching somewon wittle it down to 44.1 by the end of the year whilst inventing the 5ghz chip as if to compensate,Tis part of consumerism the desire to have the latest and greatest has stopped taking prisoners i guess my machine is future proof for a couple of years and thats considered fair game in this modern age
I M terribly sorry i carnt help you [witch was what i expected i could do] the mass mind dictates
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Ostermilk

14 Jan 2018

Yup, you've locked yourself out of the computer authorization route.

If you do any kind of operation on the OS to be on the safe side de-authorize the computer first. Then when you are done with messing with the OS it is a simple job of re-authorizing.

I've done this myself before, after a public beta I reverted to a back-up OS image and of course borked the computer authorization. I had to mark my computer as 'lost' and support had to step in.

That is the only solution you have now, but it will get sorted and once bitten, twice shy, you'll never make that mistake again.

See here...
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/d ... m-changes/

...if you failed to heed that warning then here's what to do in that event.

https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... s-changed/

moneykube

14 Jan 2018

demt wrote:
14 Jan 2018
its that mass phycosis that insists we love red lining our computers what competition eh absolutely no sign of any sort of understanding all those wonderfull effecieny ratings nailed in the name of maxin your cpu. there must be a hundred songs about living on the edge,
scientiffically your cpu is well fast enough add red line phycosis{keep up with your neighbours etc] and its doomedas is every mac scince they started using intell chips and lost the benchmark wars,those dedicated warlike gamers and their 4.5ghz cpus are not going to give in.we have to learn to live along side them,they seem to accept anything over 3 ghz these days i know when im cheating myself at around3'5 ish gigs im saving up for a pro gaming rig 4.5ghz and will be obnoxiously horrible when red lining that wins.Well at least somewons happy even if it takes4.5 ghz to do it, it starts by setting all the settings to max 192khz etc and watching somewon wittle it down to 44.1 by the end of the year whilst inventing the 5ghz chip as if to compensate,Tis part of consumerism the desire to have the latest and greatest has stopped taking prisoners i guess my machine is future proof for a couple of years and thats considered fair game in this modern age
I M terribly sorry i carnt help you [witch was what i expected i could do] the mass mind dictates
:shock: ... thanks demt for your honesty , your time to write this and of course your desire to help... I will have to agree with you on this sadly :puf_wink:
Ostermilk wrote:
14 Jan 2018
If you do any kind of operation on the OS to be on the safe side de-authorize the computer first. Then when you are done with messing with the OS it is a simple job of re-authorizing.
I've done this myself before, after a public beta I reverted to a back-up OS image and of course borked the computer authorization. I had to mark my computer as 'lost' and support had to step in.
That is the only solution you have now, but it will get sorted and once bitten, twice shy, you'll never make that mistake again.
as I feared... yup... will not happen again,,, well I feel less stupid since you say you did it as well... I am sure others have as well... I guess to this point I have been lucky to avoid the issue... lol... as demt says... living on the edge... I thank you all for your help with this :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: this year has been brutal so far

househoppin09

14 Jan 2018

Ostermilk wrote:
14 Jan 2018

See here...

Thanks Ostermilk, good info here. Out of curiosity, do you know if installing more RAM is enough to trigger the "hardware has changed" detection? I'm planning on doing that soon and would rather not run through the whole rigmarole of deauthorizing everything. I wouldn't think that the authorizer would see a change in the amount of RAM as a problem if everything else stays the same, but would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with that.

Ostermilk

15 Jan 2018

househoppin09 wrote:
14 Jan 2018
Ostermilk wrote:
14 Jan 2018

See here...

Thanks Ostermilk, good info here. Out of curiosity, do you know if installing more RAM is enough to trigger the "hardware has changed" detection? I'm planning on doing that soon and would rather not run through the whole rigmarole of deauthorizing everything. I wouldn't think that the authorizer would see a change in the amount of RAM as a problem if everything else stays the same, but would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with that.
I've never personally had a problem with anything when I've added new RAM.

plaamook

15 Jan 2018

househoppin09 wrote:
14 Jan 2018
Ostermilk wrote:
14 Jan 2018

See here...

Same here. RAM should be fine.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

househoppin09

15 Jan 2018

Great, thanks! I figured the things to watch out for would mainly be CPU/mainboard replacements, HDD/SSD, and major OS upgrades or reinstalls.

demt

15 Jan 2018

Sorry monkeycube ,I thought you'd mashed it!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

househoppin09

15 Jan 2018

Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't help misreading "moneykube" as "monkeycube"... :lol:

moneykube

15 Jan 2018

househoppin09 wrote:
15 Jan 2018
Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't help misreading "moneykube" as "monkeycube"... :lol:
well I got hairy arms... I like it better the monkey... but hey all in good fun,,, it's a stupid name anyway as I have no money lolo
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 9.45.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 9.45.13 PM.png (96.13 KiB) Viewed 3322 times
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 9.51.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 9.51.17 PM.png (337.23 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
a monkey with a pig suit ha ha

Namyo85

16 Jan 2018

What happens when one day without warning your computer decides to die. The blue screen of death appears and after trying all kinds of repairs you have no choice but to reinstall the operating system and therefore re-install Reason. What use is the above page then? If I had the ability to see into the future I could have de-authorized in advance of the crash, or if I had a time machine I could go back to an hour or so before the crash and de-authorize. Once again I'm baffled by lack of imagination. No protocols exist for such an event. I'm having the same problem as MoneyKube. I've contacted Propellerheads today so will wait for a reply, that's all I can do. :(

Namyo85

16 Jan 2018

One other thing: On the authorization page it says: 'You already have licenses on the computer listed below.' ... If it knows this, why can't the website simply communicate with the license and do it's thing that way?

moneykube

16 Jan 2018

Namyo85 wrote:
16 Jan 2018
One other thing: On the authorization page it says: 'You already have licenses on the computer listed below.' ... If it knows this, why can't the website simply communicate with the license and do it's thing that way?
agree... my computer also knows licenses are there,,, last email on friday to support,,, 2nd work day there on tuesday and still no response,,, sigh... and we have had exchanges on this case number before,,, seems to be once a week... they suggest things,,, you reply immediately and wait a week for reply which likely have more things to try and then wait another week... things should not be this slow,,, what ? only one support worker? :? :? :?:
Last edited by moneykube on 16 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Namyo85

16 Jan 2018

Looks like I've got a long wait too then, at least I'm not alone in this misery.

Namyo85

17 Jan 2018

I emailed Propellerheads the following: When I try to authorize Reason a message appears saying 'This license is already written to the computer(s) listed below.' In that case why do I have to keep logging in when I have to use Reason? Also below that line it says 'Before you can authorize this computer, you must remove all licenses from other computers.' I don't have any licenses on other computers - also if that was the case why does it then go on to give me an option to say 'I have lost this computer'? If I had lost this computer I wouldn't be using it and Propellerheads servers wouldn't be recognizing it as authorized!
None of this makes sense. I own a genuine version of Reason and would like to use it without having to log in all the time.

moneykube

17 Jan 2018

welcome to the world of redunant stupid question/ prop support is a really bad joke

Namyo85

17 Jan 2018

This is insane. 2 days and I've not had a reply. I really want to use Reason without having to log in all the time, this is so frustrating. I'm going round in circles. I'm on the manage license page and now 'Waiting for Authorizer to start' appears to have hung. The only other option I have is to click 'I have lost this computer' which obviously I haven't as I'm sat here using it. I'm going to give up and attempt to sell my Reason license sadly, if it hasn't been sorted by the weekend. I don't want to do that as I have so many unfinished projects and I want to release an album this year with material made exclusively in this program, however, I won't be messed around like this, I will attempt to sell this software if this issue can't be fixed and look into either Studio 1, Bitwig, Fruity Loops or Reaper perhaps. Honestly, this is really getting me down. :puf_unhappy:

moneykube

17 Jan 2018

got message today with a fix.(and wow... an apology of sorts).. yes... has to be marked lost and a few other things have to be done as well... unfortuanately my mac came up with a mystery message today... support made me revert yet again... now that is solved... I am now waiting for all paid racks to reinstall... took 2 hours last time... after that I will attempt the fix... on weekends you will receive no response so one should hopefully come this week... I will update once fix works or not... don't turf your reason just yet... help will indeed come someday... props marked mine lost so it should be unnecessary for you to do it

Namyo85

17 Jan 2018

Wow, your not gonna believe this. Mines now fixed too. Been talking to Ryan Harlin on youtube, told me what to do and it's now sorted. I take all that back above about selling Reason and getting those other daw's... Don't need to do that now Lol! That said, I do think Propellerheads needs to fix issues on their website as well as the one's in their software! :exclamation: ;) :cool:

Namyo85

17 Jan 2018

I should have remembered the steps better really, however it's simply: Click 'I have lost this computer' Then a page opens with the authorization button available, click 'Authorize' it waits for the authorizer program to open. I had to refresh a page at one point during this routine, between the first and last step, can't remember full details but the page was self explanatory. Once the authorize button has been clicked the authorizer opens and you have to click on that and a few seconds later it's done! No more having to log in. :puf_smile:

• Information