I have an article in me why Slack?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

13 Jan 2018

Slack is a hassle

Joey
so far the only way to contribute "content" via a bad interface called Slack

I can see that Prop heads made a deal here I get it.

If you are inviting contribution via Slack only
it is uninviting..

Just my 2 cents

joeyluck

13 Jan 2018

Thanks for the question.

We have a channel on Slack for contributors that allows us (part of the ReasonTalk team that contributes and handles contributions) as well as other contributors to have an open channel of communication. It helps us to stay organized in executing any content. We can make sure nobody is looking to contribute very similar content before someone puts in the time and effort (i.e. a review about a particular plugin, a tutorial on vocoding, etc.). The ReasonTalk team is available to help proofread, edit, and bounce ideas and questions off of. It really is just a better and more efficient channel for communication for all of this.

We are not affiliated with Propellerhead, so I'm not sure what your comment means about a deal?

calebbrennan

16 Jan 2018

Joey Luck said
We are not affiliated with Propellerhead, so I'm not sure what your comment means about a deal?
I guess I didn't know that. I thought all the moderators here were affiliated with Propheads in some way

Joey said
It helps us to stay organized in executing any content. We can make sure nobody is looking to contribute very similar content before someone puts in the time and effort (i.e. a review about a particular plugin, a tutorial on vocoding, etc.). The ReasonTalk team is available to help proofread, edit, and bounce ideas and questions off of. It really is just a better and more efficient channel for communication for all of this.
Ok that makes sense. I get that duplicating efforts would be frustrating. I thought that Reason Talk was extension of Prop head and they had made some deal to get us to use a secondary platform and didn't understand why we couldn't do it here. I get it now. Sorry for my confusion.

• Information