My sample has loads of reverb

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bruno_Bauer

12 Jan 2018

Hello, I am relatively new to reason. I wanted to make my own drum kit in the Kong Drum Designer, and I selected the appropriate WAV file and attatched it to a pad. When I press the pad the sample triggers over and over again, getting quieter and quieter. Any Idea how I can fix that? Thanks

QVprod

12 Jan 2018

Sounds like you might have a delay in one of the fx slots of that pad. Click on 'Show Drum and FX' on the bottom left of Kong to see the fx slots.

AttenuationHz

12 Jan 2018

Either a delay, or the sample is on loop with a decay time. When you click the Show drum and FX look for a button on the NN-Nano that says edit sample. Click it and it brings up the edit sample window, there is 3 modes the sample can play in: No Loop, Loop forward and forward + back. The reason it would be fading out is because of the decay on the envelope section "Amp Env - NN-nano". If you drag it to the pad or the area to the left of the pad it should replace all pad settings but if you drag it to the nn-nano it will keep the previous settings. Hazard a guess you dragged it to the nn and it kept settings from a previous patch.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information