Preset morphing in reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
modecca

10 Jan 2018

Anybody have a combinator capable of 'Snapshot' (also called preset)morphing & selecting that is capable of 5+ snapshots per combi preset?
I do, and it will be ready in a few days and posted in the 'Refills and Patches' forum.
My riddle for you in the mean time, is how am I able to do this?

🔗💥

Loque

10 Jan 2018

The Combinator looks promising. If morphing would be available native in some kind of way, it would be awsome, but i gonna check the Combinator if its out.

The video is, well, nuts as usual... :-D
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

10 Jan 2018

Groovy melon or the cv vector utility?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

CaliforniaBurrito

10 Jan 2018

Are you drinking wine from a martini glass? Don't forget the olives. I chuckled.

theshoemaker

10 Jan 2018

Loque wrote:
10 Jan 2018
The Combinator looks promising. If morphing would be available native in some kind of way, it would be awsome, but i gonna check the Combinator if its out.

I could implement preset morphing based on my not yet released Python Remote Codec Scripting (names still to come, currently it's RePlay and I also like PyReCode), which is able to automate Script Remoteable Items in a python script easily. Have been building up a prototype quite fast.

I'd say it is in a good BETA state. But not yet polished and finished. Didn't touch or use it in a while. Intendet as random preset generator, until I got Nostromo 2 :D

Basically everything is possible :D ... which you can think of, which is possible with remotables. If the remotable limitations lift of, that would mean a scripting environment. Of course non persistable. But as it uses MIDI could also react to MIDI events sent from Reason.

I have to finally contact PH to ask wether it is against the NDA to release this as open source or as product, as it might show some remote codec internas, that are unwanted.

Any interesst in this kind of thin?

Cheers
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Loque

10 Jan 2018

theshoemaker wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Loque wrote:
10 Jan 2018

I could implement preset morphing based on my not yet released Python Remote Codec Scripting (names still to come, currently it's RePlay and I also like PyReCode), which is able to automate Script Remoteable Items in a python script easily. Have been building up a prototype quite fast.

I'd say it is in a good BETA state. But not yet polished and finished. Didn't touch or use it in a while. Intendet as random preset generator, until I got Nostromo 2 :D

Basically everything is possible :D ... which you can think of, which is possible with remotables. If the remotable limitations lift of, that would mean a scripting environment. Of course non persistable. But as it uses MIDI could also react to MIDI events sent from Reason.

I have to finally contact PH to ask wether it is against the NDA to release this as open source or as product, as it might show some remote codec internas, that are unwanted.

Cheers
Tbh, i have no clue how to use it but iam willing to learn.
Reason12, Win10

modecca

10 Jan 2018

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Are you drinking wine from a martini glass? Don't forget the olives. I chuckled.

Touch'e, LOL.
Cut me some slack Ace, I am still in the fake it till you make it phase.
Loque wrote:
10 Jan 2018
The combi that I have released, does not have the snapshot morph attached (found in refills forum and is called 'Skullpt')

I have purposley delayed the release of the new version, because I am curious to see if anyone can replicate the behavior of this combinator or be able to use a different method than I am
using.
---------------
theshoemaker wrote:
10 Jan 2018

Cheers

I am interested in this.
As for patch randomization, I think it should be a standardized feature for all serious RE synths in the future.

scratchnsnifff wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Groovy melon or the cv vector utility?
If somehow those 2 devices alone were capable of the phenomena I presented in my video, which I highly doubt, that would be one hell of a complicated set up and creating multiple snapshots would take forever(unacceptable!).
Happy someone at least took a guess though.
Practically speaking, crossfading between 2 different effect patches using groovymelon is an decent substitution, for this Frankenstein contraption.
🔗💥

seqoi

10 Jan 2018

modecca wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Anybody have a combinator capable of 'Snapshot' (also called preset)morphing & selecting that is capable of 5+ snapshots per combi preset?
I do, and it will be ready in a few days and posted in the 'Refills and Patches' forum.
My riddle for you in the mean time, is how am I able to do this?

I still think this is a prank but if not then hats down..

My guess is some extra weird routing and synth parameters mapped to something..but honestly don't have a clue.

Fingers crossed this is true and not a prank

scratchnsnifff

10 Jan 2018

Hmmm. Couldn’t you use the vector utility by quadralectica? Vector synthesis is like wavetable synthesis, crossing from one waveform to another. The cv vectorizer is an XY pad that you hook up to a line mixer with 4 instances of synths. So in theory you could morph/cross fade useing a vectorizer. But your video appears to have a bit more trickery than a standard cross fade as the points in the middle have their own settings. You could use a cv merger splitter to have X = multiple parameters aand have one be 0-10 10-20 20-30 so on and so fourth. But regardless of how I think this is achieved my interest is peaked and I’m wanting to know :) cool idea man
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

modecca

10 Jan 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Hmmm. Couldn’t you use the vector utility by quadralectica? Vector synthesis is like wavetable synthesis, crossing from one waveform to another. The cv vectorizer is an XY pad that you hook up to a line mixer with 4 instances of synths. So in theory you could morph/cross fade useing a vectorizer. But your video appears to have a bit more trickery than a standard cross fade as the points in the middle have their own settings. You could use a cv merger splitter to have X = multiple parameters aand have one be 0-10 10-20 20-30 so on and so fourth. But regardless of how I think this is achieved my interest is peaked and I’m wanting to know :) cool idea man
You know what that is a solid stab and would certainly give you a version of what I am doing.
Like on RP Vecto synth for example, you get 4 points(snap shots).
In addition to crossfading between the 4 different wave forms, you could have 4 different settings per each point(abcd) on a filter for example and countless other parameters.
BUT:
-how would you do that fancy vocoder band trickery I demonstrated in early the video?
-You are limited to 4 points and I am saying 5+
-I think only crossfading is possible using that method and I can't think how you could have an instantaneous switch between the 4 points, manually using a mod wheel( square lfo could work though).
🔗💥

MannequinRaces

10 Jan 2018

Volt SL-1 comes to mind... interested to see what you’ve cooked up though!

olive6741

29 Jan 2018

I'd really like how you do that trick... And I must admit I have no idea...

Preset patch morphing? Seriously ?

By the way, your videos are always... let's say different? greats? I 'click' with your sense of humour, for sure.
Very good when in a bad mood... Thank you, doctor.

modecca

30 Jan 2018

olive6741 wrote:
29 Jan 2018
I'd really like how you do that trick... And I must admit I have no idea...

Preset patch morphing? Seriously ?

By the way, your videos are always... let's say different? greats? I 'click' with your sense of humour, for sure.
Very good when in a bad mood... Thank you, doctor.
Thanks sir for the encouragement!
I am planning to release 'Skullpt 2' sometime this weekend.
In the meantime I was recently informed that 'Frame cv generator' can be used to do patch morphing.
Very basic example:
we.tl/e8c8CfQShG
It's like a granular synth that emphasizes the position of cv signal, rather than audio(Panda Shape LFO Editor) has this position function too).
🔗💥

olive6741

30 Jan 2018

Oh! That's clever! The magic behind CV use! Thanks for the idea with this example! I like tweaking with CV, but never thought to use it in combination with Vocoder... That's what's great with Reason : endless possibilities! Sometimes, what miss me is how others use it: fresh approaches...
(btw I like to use Frame cv generator with VK-2, for example, because so much can be manipulated. )
Ok, work day has ended: Time to dive seriously in Nostromo's manual !! I really enjoyed your other topic about it.
Thanks for the .cmb !

• Information