Propellerhead Partners with Positive Grid (Free stuff!)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loque

09 Jan 2018

Hum... All this discussion makes me think about if I really want to download this...
Reason12, Win10

demt

09 Jan 2018

couldnt get a sound out of it wheres the on/off switch
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

09 Jan 2018

answering my own question theres a cute deal for 40 odd quid/ nearer 50 but as i find the options confusing isle guess isle take this cheapum shotum
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Marco Raaphorst

09 Jan 2018

strangers wrote:
08 Jan 2018
kuhliloach wrote:
08 Jan 2018
So.... Is it BIAS FX LE or BIAS Amp LE?

It seems the answer is neither! When I go to the download page on Positive Grid's site it only shows the full blown versions, nothing about LE versions. This could be because I am already registered in ToneCloud from a number of past iOS purchases.
As a Focusrite owner, I already have the same Bias Guitar Amp, Fx and Bass amps (LE versions) that were generously made available for free in 2017. You'll be prompted to download the full version. You'll even have access to full version amps but you'll be muted and interrupted with the "DEMO VERSION" or whatever it says every 20-30 seconds. That only goes for the amps that are not included in the LE version. You'll be able to use the 3 included amps without being interrupted to purchase the full version.

Guitar has been my world since I was a kid. The Bias amp VST is pretty good, if you're currently limited or don't have much in that realm of the sonic universe. The high end is a tad more brittle than most similar products but you can still manage to dial in some usable tones. I've been on the fence about keeping or uninstalling these.
Yes I also got it trough Focusrite.

I also agree on the high end. Also it's Tubescreamer has that high end.

Must say the Silvertone is kinda cool.

Loque

10 Jan 2018

Does anyone figured out now, how to install the right package?
Reason12, Win10

olive6741

10 Jan 2018

Loque wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Yes. It seems there is a wrong information somewhere: it is BIAS FX you have to download (not BIAS AMP!). Then after you downloaded and installed the FULL package of BIAS FX, when you log into your created account (where you registered serial number - I mean on Positive Grid website), so when you log from the VST into your account it changes the status of VST from demo to 'LE'.
But then it is annoying like hell because every time you click on something not authorized (a patch which requires full unlocked version parts of the VST for example) it gives you a message -> Upgrade? (good fun. not.)
Haha. It's just like when you have a free simple version of an iOS product or Android app. It's there to remind you you could get all functionalities paying for full version. I don't like this way of teasing stuff and yes, it's like it is on tablet and phones today... :(

Loque

10 Jan 2018

olive6741 wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Loque wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Yes. It seems there is a wrong information somewhere: it is BIAS FX you have to download (not BIAS AMP!). Then after you downloaded and installed the FULL package of BIAS FX, when you log into your created account (where you registered serial number - I mean on Positive Grid website), so when you log from the VST into your account it changes the status of VST from demo to 'LE'.
But then it is annoying like hell because every time you click on something not authorized (a patch which requires full unlocked version parts of the VST for example) it gives you a message -> Upgrade? (good fun. not.)
Haha. It's just like when you have a free simple version of an iOS product or Android app. It's there to remind you you could get all functionalities paying for full version. I don't like this way of teasing stuff and yes, it's like it is on tablet and phones today... :(
Ah, OK. Thx. Thank i will not download it. I already had similar sh!t installed and it was really anyoing. I will never come back to this company. So, i gonna skip this gift...
Reason12, Win10

Marco Raaphorst

10 Jan 2018

assigning the parameters of the this Bias FX to Combinator parameters, has anyone an idea how to do that? the parameters seems to be numbered in Bias FX not named.

stratatonic

10 Jan 2018

Not even going to attempt a download of this. I have enough experience with the various amp sims on iOS with the "oh you can't use this preset because you need to buy this and this, blah blah..." Amplitube on iOS is a fukking 1GB download. Onto an iPad! WTF!?
And the less setting up of "accounts" the better. Just a pain the butt.

strangers
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2018

For anyone lurking that's on the fence... Ended up uninstalling these last night and the uninstall process was oddly time consuming. Can't say I've ever uninstalled a program that took even half as long as the Positive Grid products took. Even had two weird errors pop up near the end containing some sort of uninstall error even though the programs eventually completed.

kuhliloach

12 Jan 2018

I've decided to skip the VST versions of the BIAS products. I'm in love with Kuassa for my Reason guitar needs. Installing VST's of any kind is generally a big hassle when compared to the seamless installation of RE's. If I need the Positive Grid stuff I'll just come out of the iPad either digitally or through the headphone jack.

Last Alternative

12 Jan 2018

Oh man. I’m all about guitar stuff but PASS!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

motuscott

13 Jan 2018

Holy backfire, batman
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

demt

13 Jan 2018

It got me to do sum real thinking. /googling and I bought TH3 as it does everything and sum .better for mutch less dosh full screen adjustable GUI too
hear scince reason 2.5

Puniho

15 Jan 2018

After jumping through all the frustrating hoops involved, I finally managed to download what I thought was the correct version , but it never showed up in Reason. It seems the 34 bit standalone was installed. Now I cant go back to download the 64bit version. This isnt worth the trouble involved, going by the comments on this thread, it only gets worse! I will stick to Guitar Rig, Kuassa and Softone.

normen

01 Feb 2018

Fuck me, they send out mailing lists with no "unsubscribe" link in them. Isn't that illegal by now? REALLY not in the mood to click though their support system or look for my email settings in their website. Already searched for longer than a minute..

Positive Grid surely has some of the best distortion emulations out there but apparently they became a money whore. "Buy" buttons all over the software now unless you buy "elite" right away. Better to go with their hardware, that includes the full software and just gives you the sound behind a few knobs, no popups or emails -.-

• Information