Propellerhead Partners with Positive Grid (Free stuff!)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kenni
Site Admin

08 Jan 2018

Press release regarding Propellerhead partnering with Positive Grid.

TL;DR: Get the Positive Grid Bias FX LE Guitar amps for free here:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/vst/bias-fx-le/

Offer ends January 31st!

-----------------------------------------
Get Positive Grid’s Bias FX LE plugin FREE from Propellerhead’s shop for a limited time

Stockholm, Sweden, January 8, 2017 – Propellerhead Software today announced that it is partnering with Positive Grid to offer Propellerhead account owners the Bias FX LE plugin for free as a special limited-time offer. Bias FX LE is a sample of Positive Grid’s award-winning Bias FX Pro amp and effects plugin.

“We’re thrilled to partner with Positive Grid and offer Bias FX LE for free,” said Mats Karlöf, Propellerhead Product Manager. “Bias FX is a great-sounding and versatile guitar plugin that will complement the Reason rack nicely.”

Bias FX LE features three amps and six effects, including a ‘77 Silvertone (Clean), ‘69 Plexiglas (Crunch), and ‘92 Treadplate (High Gain), plus an essential set of effects including Treble Boost, six-band EQ, 808 OD stomp box, Chorus, plus digital delay and reverb pedals.

Bias FX serves as a virtual pedalboard for your guitar rig with component-level modeling and a no-compromise approach to sound quality. Featuring all the latest and greatest algorithms from Positive Grid’s industry-leading audio signal processing research, Bias FX provides highly detailed and authentic emulations of analog pedals and studio racks, as well as dual custom BIAS Amp Match models integration and dual signal chain processing. You can also share and download thousands of pedalboards on the cloud via the Positive Grid ToneCloud.

“Since Reason now supports VST plugins, adding BIAS FX to Reason’s rack workflow will give guitar and bass players unlimited tone creativity,” said Jaime Ruchman, Positive Grid Digital Marketing Director.

Propellerhead opened up Reason to support VSTs with the introduction of Reason 9.5 in June 2017. Since then, Propellerhead released Reason 10 in October 2017 – the biggest content update ever for Reason owners. Built on an award-winning legacy to make musical dreams a reality, Reason 10 features two massive brand-new synthesizers, three new live-sounding organic instrument devices, a top-notch acoustic piano, creative modulation device, and 3GB of cutting-edge drum loops and samples.

Pricing and Availability
• Bias FX LE is exclusively available for free from Propellerhead’s Shop for a limited time. Click here to go to the Bias FX LE product page, click “Add to cart,” and create a Propellerhead account or log-in to download the software.
• No purchase is necessary to create a Propellerhead account.
• Bias FX LE can be used in any VST supporting DAW.

All Propellerhead account owners can download Bias FX LE for free via the Propellerhead Shop. Offer ends January 31, 2018.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

normen

08 Jan 2018

The redeem page doesn't seem to work for me :/

Kenni
Site Admin

08 Jan 2018

I never got that far since I'm at work, but we should definitely report that if they're not already being drowned in trouble tickets :)
normen wrote:
08 Jan 2018
The redeem page doesn't seem to work for me :/
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

bronsoncox
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2018

This is great news; my heart yearns for RE-BIAS..

Loque

08 Jan 2018

Yep, download link does not work, even from account and email. I contacted the support.
Reason12, Win10

Exowildebeest

08 Jan 2018

A partnership with an amp sim developer, what could go wrong, it went so well last time :P

esselfortium

08 Jan 2018

Exowildebeest wrote:
08 Jan 2018
A partnership with an amp sim developer, what could go wrong, it went so well last time :P
It's just a VST that's free this month if you want it. 🤷 Nothing bundled with Reason, just a promo code for a free download.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

SoulState

08 Jan 2018

Loque wrote:
08 Jan 2018
Yep, download link does not work, even from account and email.
Oh good, so its not just me having probs :question:
:reason:

jfrichards

08 Jan 2018

SoulState wrote:
08 Jan 2018
... its not just me having probs...
Nope, me too.

Exowildebeest

08 Jan 2018

esselfortium wrote:
08 Jan 2018
Exowildebeest wrote:
08 Jan 2018
It's just a VST that's free this month if you want it. 🤷 Nothing bundled with Reason, just a promo code for a free download.
I know, I was just teasing :)

RIP Line6 :redface:

fotizimo

08 Jan 2018

Exowildebeest wrote:
08 Jan 2018
esselfortium wrote:
08 Jan 2018

I know, I was just teasing :)

RIP Line6 :redface:
I got a chuckle out of the joke.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

TheGodOfRainbows

08 Jan 2018

More amps, good. Very good. I can't authorize and stuff either. But when that's sorted out, I'll really enjoying using the three amps. Thanks!!!

fotizimo

08 Jan 2018

When I put in my activation code from the Props website into the positive grid website, it takes me to a download page for their FX, AMP, Pedal, EQ, and compressor products. I have downloaded all of them, but none are named FX LE, and when I install the FX app, it doesn't ask for registration, nor is it called FX LE.

I think it might be full versions, but not the Pro versions. Still looking into this.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

bxbrkrz

08 Jan 2018

fotizimo wrote:
08 Jan 2018
When I put in my activation code from the Props website into the positive grid website, it takes me to a download page for their FX, AMP, Pedal, EQ, and compressor products. I have downloaded all of them, but none are named FX LE, and when I install the FX app, it doesn't ask for registration, nor is it called FX LE.

I think it might be full versions, but not the Pro versions. Still looking into this.
Stuck there too. I haven't downloaded anything yet. VST! Get used to it. :|
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

fotizimo

08 Jan 2018

So I went through and activated the FX app through the stand alone version, and it now shows that FX LE has been activated. This is one of those apps that shows you all of the various features and capabilities it offers, but locks them with warnings to upgrade to unlock all features.

I am not one for looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I am also not one who likes the constant marketing of this sort. I haven't installed any of the other apps that are on the download page, but if it installs a "lite" LE version with constant reminders to upgrade or unlock, than I won't be using these. Seems like the IOS method of in-app purchasing is making it's way to my PC.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

Psuper

08 Jan 2018

Just what we need, Propellerhead spending more time wooing crippled 3rd party offers.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

kuhliloach

08 Jan 2018

"How to redeem your Positive Grid product 1. Go to your VST products page (https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... vstplugins) 2. Click "Show details" on BIAS FX LE to reveal your redeem code 3. Click this link and enter your redeem code: https://store.positivegrid.com/redeem 4. When prompted, create an account or log in if you already have a Positive Grid account 5. Download the installer for the product you’ve purchased 6. Run the installer to install BIAS Amp LE"

So.... Is it BIAS FX LE or BIAS Amp LE?

It seems the answer is neither! When I go to the download page on Positive Grid's site it only shows the full blown versions, nothing about LE versions. This could be because I am already registered in ToneCloud from a number of past iOS purchases.

strangers
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
08 Jan 2018
So.... Is it BIAS FX LE or BIAS Amp LE?

It seems the answer is neither! When I go to the download page on Positive Grid's site it only shows the full blown versions, nothing about LE versions. This could be because I am already registered in ToneCloud from a number of past iOS purchases.
As a Focusrite owner, I already have the same Bias Guitar Amp, Fx and Bass amps (LE versions) that were generously made available for free in 2017. You'll be prompted to download the full version. You'll even have access to full version amps but you'll be muted and interrupted with the "DEMO VERSION" or whatever it says every 20-30 seconds. That only goes for the amps that are not included in the LE version. You'll be able to use the 3 included amps without being interrupted to purchase the full version.

Guitar has been my world since I was a kid. The Bias amp VST is pretty good, if you're currently limited or don't have much in that realm of the sonic universe. The high end is a tad more brittle than most similar products but you can still manage to dial in some usable tones. I've been on the fence about keeping or uninstalling these.

miscend

08 Jan 2018

I think I downloaded the LE version when Focusrite gave it for free. It functions much more like a demo than a light edition. It’s a huge download for what it is and takes up a lot of disk space when installed. All the features and all the presets from the standard edition are included. So you will click on a preset and it will ask you to buy the full version to unlock to the patch. I found it very annoying.

brand

08 Jan 2018

When I saw this I thought OK, nice. After reading some of these comments though, I might pass. Sounds like maybe a nice demo but only towards buying. Like try and then buy...

joeyluck

08 Jan 2018

miscend wrote:
08 Jan 2018
I think I downloaded the LE version when Focusrite gave it for free. It functions much more like a demo than a light edition. It’s a huge download for what it is and takes up a lot of disk space when installed. All the features and all the presets from the standard edition are included. So you will click on a preset and it will ask you to buy the full version to unlock to the patch. I found it very annoying.
I too got it through Focusrite. I didn't really like it and removed it. It was pretty finicky. Aside from the patch browsing as you mention, it took a bit long to load with a splash screen like a separate piece of software more than a plugin. The interface didn't always cooperate with me. Some knobs would spaz when trying to turn them (becoming very jittery). There was a bit of a lag in the sound. Might be great for some. But for the speed in which it operates, I would prefer to keep my effect chains in the Reason Rack for easier, quicker access.

zabukowski

09 Jan 2018

As the user of many different sw & hw ampsims (S-Gear, TH3, Revalver, Mercuriall, Guitar Rig, Kemper) i was really excited to try this one as well. But it turns to be a pretty bad experience, as for a start (after i redeemed code), i couldn't find a product named BIAS FX LE (which was advertised). Then I did some trial&error installations (none of them was LE), to see some "Demo" messages and finally just removed everything.

Maybe it is just (stupid) me, but this doesn't feel right for sure.
Last edited by zabukowski on 09 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

TheGodOfRainbows

09 Jan 2018

joeyluck wrote:
08 Jan 2018
miscend wrote:
08 Jan 2018
I too got it through Focusrite. I didn't really like it and removed it. It was pretty finicky. Aside from the patch browsing as you mention, it took a bit long to load with a splash screen like a separate piece of software more than a plugin. The interface didn't always cooperate with me. Some knobs would spaz when trying to turn them (becoming very jittery). There was a bit of a lag in the sound. Might be great for some. But for the speed in which it operates, I would prefer to keep my effect chains in the Reason Rack for easier, quicker access.
Ok. After spending a few hours with it, the honeymoon is over. the slow splash screen, the big download, and browsing presets, the installation process, etc....it is kind of a buzz kill, and is a big reminder as to why I chose Reason as my DAW years ago: no VSTs, no headaches.

But still, I do appreciate the free amps.

demt

09 Jan 2018

How much is the full version?
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Ostermilk

09 Jan 2018

fotizimo wrote:
08 Jan 2018
So I went through and activated the FX app through the stand alone version, and it now shows that FX LE has been activated. This is one of those apps that shows you all of the various features and capabilities it offers, but locks them with warnings to upgrade to unlock all features.

I am not one for looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I am also not one who likes the constant marketing of this sort. I haven't installed any of the other apps that are on the download page, but if it installs a "lite" LE version with constant reminders to upgrade or unlock, than I won't be using these. Seems like the IOS method of in-app purchasing is making it's way to my PC.
Thanks for pointing this out. It's something I wanted to find out before I went for it.

There's nearly a Gb of download there I'd rather not bother clutter up my system installing somebody else's 'vending machine'.

• Information