RV7000 is highly under rated

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
selig
RE Developer

15 Jan 2018

normen wrote:Heres an interview with Michael Carnes, who worked on the PCM line of Lexicon, it gives some nice insight on the development of the Lexicon reverbs:
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... ael-carnes
Michael worked on the PCM 80 onwards. My favorite is still my PCM 70s for some reason, will all due respect to Micheal who lives near my place in Sandy UT and is an incredibly approachable legend IMO!

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

normen

16 Jan 2018

selig wrote:
15 Jan 2018
Michael worked on the PCM 80 onwards. My favorite is still my PCM 70s for some reason, will all due respect to Micheal who lives near my place in Sandy UT and is an incredibly approachable legend IMO!
The PCM70 and an SPX900 (yep, not 990) are the only hardware reverbs I still have in my home studio :)

While I agree with your opinion on Mr. Carnes from all I can tell I wasn't so much referring to him or his opinion. I was more about the actual insight into the development of these devices. It gives a nice perspective on how they as well put their pants on one leg at a time - of course with a lot of experience and knowledge backing that up. People seem to think sometimes theres people creating these in a foundry at the center of the earth with Thors hammer using secret knowledge from Atlantis to create the wiring...

While on one hand I applaud the engineers that created devices that made such lasting impact on people it sometimes gets silly to a point where its comparable to a teenager thinking "Is Gene Simmons maybe really a demon from space and only plays bass THIS AWESOME because of that??"

househoppin09

16 Jan 2018

Well said, normen! :lol:

• Information