Issue in Reason 10 with audio recording/monitoring (why is this forum still called 9.5?)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sublunar

06 Jan 2018

Every time I go to record in Reason 10, the source monitor enables itself when I hit record. I don't want to hear my instruments live through the headphones when I'm recording so I have always disabled it. Only way to effectively do this now, so far, is by using the pre-count in order to buy enough time to quickly turn off the monitor then start playing when the count is up. This is a very annoying new bug that I wasn't experiencing before.

I haven't updated to 10.1 or whatever the increment was called but I don't recall seeing this issue mentioned. I'll update today at some point and see if that helps and report my findings.

-

Unrelated to above issues but I'm having tons of weird little bugs with VSTs as well. For example, EZ Drummer VST sometimes loads with one of their stupid baked in FX all the way up, usually the phaser. I save the project with the phaser off and when I open the project again, half the time the phaser is back on 100%. Not sure what is going on with that. When I use EZD as an EMI, then I don't have such issues.

sot

06 Jan 2018

For the monitor, maybe you have preferences/audio/monitoring to Automatic? turn it to Manual, for the vst issues reason have some bugs, when i tested Solorack vst and others had some gfx/input weird bugs too
:reason: 10

QVprod

07 Jan 2018

As mentioned above ^ it sounds like your preferences setting was changed.

To answer your question in the topic title, though, it's because this forum was originally the private beta forum for 9.5. It was made public for reference of all the VST testing. What works what doesn't work...etc... We don't have an official bug forum since we can't actually solve any bugs. Also Reason 10 came up on us really fast. I suppose a name change may be worth considering though.

sublunar

08 Jan 2018

QVprod wrote:
07 Jan 2018
Yep. I'm dumb. My preferences setting was changed. But in my defense that's kind of a dumb setting to have 'on by default' anyway.

QVprod

08 Jan 2018

sublunar wrote:
08 Jan 2018
QVprod wrote:
07 Jan 2018
Yep. I'm dumb. My preferences setting was changed. But in my defense that's kind of a dumb setting to have 'on by default' anyway.
Depends on the need. It's pretty useful for a user who only uses a 2 channel interface recording with headphones, which is pretty much most beginners.

• Information