Europa not retriggering envelope upon chord change

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DoctoralHermit

05 Jan 2018

I'm just starting to mess around in Europa and am amazed at its possibilities. I have this envelope in ENV1 that I have set to sustain mode, but when I change chords, it doesn't seem to retrigger the envelope. If I put a gap in between the midi notes it will retrigger it, but I'm hoping to retrigger it on any chord change... is this possible?

madmacman

05 Jan 2018

I don't have R10 / Europa, but from the screenshots: is Europa set to "Legato"? Maybe try Poly or Retrigger?

buddard
RE Developer

05 Jan 2018

DoctoralHermit wrote:
05 Jan 2018
I'm just starting to mess around in Europa and am amazed at its possibilities. I have this envelope in ENV1 that I have set to sustain mode, but when I change chords, it doesn't seem to retrigger the envelope. If I put a gap in between the midi notes it will retrigger it, but I'm hoping to retrigger it on any chord change... is this possible?
It behaves like this when the envelope is set to Global. If you untick the Global box you will have one instance of ENV1 per voice instead. Perhaps this will work better for you? (Although held voices will not have their instance of ENV1 retriggered.)

• Information