the sandboxing agaist vst crashes thing...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marc64

04 Jan 2018

I read that reason has this about the vst implementation--> "sandboxing protected your Reason sessions in case a third-party VST crashed."

When a vst crashes reason follows... is it fixed in Reason10? In 9.5 vst crashes everything ...

antic604

04 Jan 2018

Marc64 wrote:
04 Jan 2018
I read that reason has this about the vst implementation--> "sandboxing protected your Reason sessions in case a third-party VST crashed."

When a vst crashes reason follows... is it fixed in Reason10? In 9.5 vst crashes everything ...
You probably read this about REs, not VSTs.

From what I know only Bitwig has proper plugin sandboxing for VSTs.

Marc64

04 Jan 2018

You maybe right and the writer also meant RE's :)

https://www.emusician.com/gear/editors- ... ign=buffer

"Last year Propellerhead sent our hearts all aflutter when it finally added VST support to Reason 9.5. Even better, it provided simple, yet powerful integration. Your VST plug-in collection was cleanly added to the browser; plug-ins could be part of Combinator patches and used with Player devices; their parameters could be automated, MIDI mapped, and modulated with device CV outputs; and sandboxing protected your Reason sessions in case a third-party VST crashed."

• Information