Impulse Response Folder in the Rv7000 mk2 empty?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

02 Jan 2018

I've been playing around a lot with guitar tones.

And someone here recomended I disable the "cabinet" on the soft tube and Kuassa play with the impulse response patches in the Rv7000.

when I click on RV7 browse patch and then impulse response folder I see multiple folders but clicking on them they all appear empty?

All the other patches are easily accessed on the RV7000

joeyluck

03 Jan 2018

calebbrennan wrote:
02 Jan 2018
I've been playing around a lot with guitar tones.

And someone here recomended I disable the "cabinet" on the soft tube and Kuassa play with the impulse response patches in the Rv7000.

when I click on RV7 browse patch and then impulse response folder I see multiple folders but clicking on them they all appear empty?

It's likely because the device itself (browse patch) has focus. So it is showing you RV7000 patches in the impulse response folder (which there aren't any, it's only samples).

You instead want to browse via 'browse sample' which is viewable after clicking 'remote programmer.'
Or remove browse focus from the RV7000 by clicking 'clear browse focus' in the upper right hand corner of the Browser, or click in an empty space in the rack to remove focus and then navigate to the folder. When nothing has browse focus, then it displays everything.

You may also want to 'reset device' so that you can start fresh and dial in other parameters as needed with the impulse response that you load.

calebbrennan

03 Jan 2018

joeyluck
It's likely because the device itself (browse patch) has focus. So it is showing you RV7000 patches in the impulse response folder (which there aren't any, it's only samples).

You instead want to browse via 'browse sample' which is viewable after clicking 'remote programmer.'
Or remove browse focus from the RV7000 by clicking 'clear browse focus' in the upper right hand corner of the Browser, or click in an empty space in the rack to remove focus and then navigate to the folder. When nothing has browse focus, then it displays everything.

You may also want to 'reset device' so that you can start fresh and dial in other parameters as needed with the impulse response that you load.
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Thanks for the response Joey,

I can access the samples now with some fascinating results just flipping through them.

I have a question. I don't understand what is going on here and exactly what an "impulse response" is. I can hear the changes when I load a sample but I don't understand the prinicple of how a sample can be used to change the settings in the RV7000. It must be modeling in some form. Ostermilk's Buzz wave has bees buzzing. WTF? Very cool but has me scratching my head.

eusti

03 Jan 2018

Via Wikipedia:

Acoustic and audio applications

In acoustic and audio applications, impulse responses enable the acoustic characteristics of a location, such as a concert hall, to be captured. Various packages are available containing impulse responses from specific locations, ranging from small rooms to large concert halls. These impulse responses can then be utilized in convolution reverb applications to enable the acoustic characteristics of a particular location to be applied to target audio.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impulse_response

Hope that helps.

D.

• Information