High DSP on Song Load with No Playback

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ravisoni

01 Jan 2018

I have a bunch of Kraft Synths in a song. My CPU usage sits at around 15%, memory is at 4.1gb/7.9gb, CPU limit within reason set to 95%, multi-core and hyper-threading enabled, set @ 44KHz, 16 bit.
When I load this song (admittedly with ~12 Krafts), even before I hit play, the DSP is already high up on 4 bars. Is this possibly due to some oscillator or LFO in a run/active state in one of those synths (but it's dubious, because this behavior is cyclical -- i.e. at certain times during the day it'll have the 4 bars while at others, it won't even have 1)?
When I do hit play, the above numbers go somewhere around 40% CPU, 5.2gb RAM, and I get computer too slow message about 3-4 synths in.
Halpp, I s'pose. Computer specs are as follows:
Win10, i5 5300, 2.3GHz, 2 Cores (4 Logical Processors), 8GB RAM.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Loque

01 Jan 2018

Hyper Threading reserves the CPU. Disable it and the CPU load should be normal or just ignore the CPU meter.
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

01 Jan 2018

Could it be you have more than one song open at times?

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

ravisoni

01 Jan 2018

Selig, just one song. I have reproduced this 3 times, but the solution seems to be to have my USB mic and Nektar LX25+ hooked in. Brings everything down to 2 bars, and I haven't gotten the "too slow" message once. Something else may be at play, but I'll take whatever works for now.
Loque, thanks. I'll try that as well.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

• Information