Confused by "create pattern/loop lane"

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
voltaireslapadelic

30 Dec 2017

Was watching a propellerhead tutorial on making trip hop (trying to expand my beat making horizons)

I've had reason for a long time I've just never used this and was wondering if the folks here could clear this up for me

He selects "create pattern/loop lane" and the drum pattern just sort of appears and he can chop it up and everything, but I can't figure out how he's doing that simple-looking step

I did "create loop/pattern lane" but I can't figure out how to get the loop on that lane it either shows up as REX loops in the regular lane or it goes into a new track as an audio file

The notes to slot section gets outlined in green and I can't hear anything if I play back

I'm on Reason 7 and I'm very confused

here's the video, it's old so I'm not confident the channel will respond to my comment '

Ahornberg

30 Dec 2017

As shown at 00:38 in the tutorial he drawed the pattern clip with the pencil tool by holding down the alt-key while clicking and dragging the mouse.

keysperson

01 Jan 2018

There is a company called Virtual Training company and they made 4 courses for reason. They only go up to Reason 5 and have a class on Record and Reason. I think it's like 90 dollars for all of their courses for a lifetime membership. But there teachers are really good. VTC.com but look for coupons they were $30 a month or $250 a year but they dropped to $90 for a lifetime subscription. to access all their courses.

ejanuska

02 Jan 2018

Or hit the 'w' key on your computer keyboard and then draw the pattern in the sequencer lane.
Then hit 'Q' to go back to the selection mode.

• Information