Why Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oquasec

10 Apr 2018

Has everything you need? Yeah probably because of that.
Since Reason 5, it covers everything from sample libraries to cutting-edge synthesis engines.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

djejreason

11 Apr 2018

haven't read through all of the posts....BUT, i've used reason LIVE for many years, and yes, it seems to be the most stable. what a terrible scenario it would be to have a software based instrument 'crash' during a live performance. i've trusted it for many years. i started using reason 4 for solely based 'keyboard replacement' and it's never failed me since (mac or pc)

my 2 cents, but there you go..

mark999

18 Apr 2018

Reason looks and feels more inspiring and fun than any of the other DAWs.
The devices in the rack look inviting and fun.
Even old devices like Subtractor and Malstrom sound fantastic, it's quick and easy to make interesting new sounds.
The interface is quick and responsive.
The sequencer looks friendly and non intimidating.
I finish songs in Reason VERY quickly.

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2018

mark999 wrote:
18 Apr 2018
Reason looks and feels more inspiring and fun than any of the other DAWs.
The devices in the rack look inviting and fun.
Even old devices like Subtractor and Malstrom sound fantastic, it's quick and easy to make interesting new sounds.
^^^ this!

I ran a week long workshop back in 2006 (even had a tutor from Lewisham College), and I found them picking up Reason almost instantly. One of them that I've kept in contact with still uses Reason to this day.

scratchnsnifff

18 Apr 2018

So when I first started learning Daws I noticed I was trying to find what felt and looked professional. At the time nobody really had any relevant content on YouTube except for boy in a band. What initially drew me to Reason was the fact it looked like actual gear which I sort of knew about (mainly distortion chrous phasers effect based hardware for guitars) so I toyed around with it and the main thing that keeps me with Reason is its ability to have any/everything communicate both visually and sonically. The cable routing in Reason has taught me so much about what to put where, and the coolest part is that it translates to the real world :) sure Reason isn’t the most graphically pleasing DAW but I’d argue that it’s the funnest DAW to learn
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

123repeater

19 Apr 2018

Its faster and easier than the other and the visual rack lets your make things happen using your pre-existing gear intuition. The only features it doesn't have that I want is Video Sync for scoring, Mp3 export (for quickly checking stuff or sending ideas around), More Ableton LIVE like live functionality.

• Information