[speculation] What’s Next?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
scratchnsnifff

21 Dec 2017

I thought it would be interesting to hear what people would think reguarding future updates. Im Hoping the props either make a new combinator, or update the old one. I suppose you could say Im Hoping for the workflow kind of update, I’m usually good with what ever comes out but I find it interesting to see people’s guesses
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

antic604

21 Dec 2017

I'm hoping for this:

scratchnsnifff

21 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
I'm hoping for this:

To have the mixer view be able to snap to the right hand side of the rack? Or detached?

antic604

21 Dec 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
21 Dec 2017
To have the mixer view be able to snap to the right hand side of the rack? Or detached?
Yes, to snap with the Rack side by side. This way - working on a laptop - I'd only have to flick between two screens: Sequencer and Rack+Mixer. It really makes sense, because those two are vertical in nature anyway and eg. if you're starting a project or have few tracks only, the unused space in the Mixer is really wasted. Similar with Rack, of which by default I see 1.5 rows, so I'd gladly give away that 0.5 to see the Mixer :)

Alternatively I could settle on this, which should be much easier to implement: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504854

EdGrip

21 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Yes, to snap with the Rack side by side. This way - working on a laptop - I'd only have to flick between two screens: Sequencer and Rack+Mixer. It really makes sense, because those two are vertical in nature anyway and eg. if you're starting a project or have few tracks only, the unused space in the Mixer is really wasted. Similar with Rack, of which by default I see 1.5 rows, so I'd gladly give away that 0.5 to see the Mixer :)

Alternatively I could settle on this, which should be much easier to implement: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504854
Would be swift too - clicking on Rack device highlights corresponding mixer channel and vice versa.

sublunar

21 Dec 2017

I believe it's high time they get serious about audio editing.

Just like they combined Record into Reason to finally create the almost perfect audio recording/production environment (IMO), they need to stop keeping Recycle a separate thing.

Update Recycle. Give it standard audio editing capabilities ala Adobe Audition (or as I was introduced to it Cool Edit Pro). INTEGRATE RECYCLE, with these new capabilities, into Reason.

Then some other workflow improvements, with particular attention to MIDI editing and VST optimization.

Do that and Reason is unbeatable.

Loque

21 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
I'm hoping for this:

Windows k3y plus left and right does the job.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

21 Dec 2017

Loque wrote:
21 Dec 2017
I'm pretty sure it doesn't do what I'm asking for, just moving between virtual desktops, right? Not the same thing.

sublunar

21 Dec 2017

If you're using Windows 7 or above, you just snap the windows to the left and right. It's how I work on my laptop.

stephensmattlee

21 Dec 2017

Depends if you mean 10.1 or v11? Either way hopefully better optimisation for VST plug-ins and some deeper audio and midi editing tools and enhancements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loque

21 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Loque wrote:
21 Dec 2017
I'm pretty sure it doesn't do what I'm asking for, just moving between virtual desktops, right? Not the same thing.
No. It moves the active window to the right or left. So you can tile your mixer and rack vertically.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

21 Dec 2017

stephensmattlee wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Depends if you mean 10.1 or v11? Either way hopefully better optimisation for VST plug-ins and some deeper audio and midi editing tools and enhancements

I would assume. That the next big feature would come in one of the following point updates or 11. Doesn’t matter to me, I’m having hoping for automation curves and a combinator:) those two features would be so helpful as I already can work pretty fast with Reason

AttenuationHz

21 Dec 2017

I plan on winning the Lotto!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

EdGrip

21 Dec 2017

I'm really intrigued about why ReCycle is still kept a separate product. We can only assume that it sells well enough to users who also own Reason that it's financially unbearable to do so. The sample pack makers will always buy it irrespective of whether it's in Reason. That, or they'll just buy Reason, considering it to be a good value package if it includes ReCycle.

AttenuationHz

21 Dec 2017

EdGrip wrote:
21 Dec 2017
I'm really intrigued about why ReCycle is still kept a separate product. We can only assume that it sells well enough to users who also own Reason that it's financially unbearable to do so. The sample pack makers will always buy it irrespective of whether it's in Reason. That, or they'll just buy Reason, considering it to be a good value package if it includes ReCycle.
Not sure but I think it is included in the Rex SDK would think so anyway!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Kilsane

22 Dec 2017

Hello
What I would find great for me, would be to be able to color certain note (ex: the fundamental), to be able to have in ghost note, the notes of another track of my choice and to be able to have mode of edition in the editor of partition (ex: minor, major, lydien ...).

I would also like to have cv input to the back of the combinator (like the VST management interface) as well as more button and rotary. + function in the audio editor of the racks.

I do not have a bigger wait for the moment

Original texte in french
Ce que je trouverais génial pour moi, se serais de pouvoir coloré certaine note (ex: les fondamental), pouvoir avoir en ghost note, les notes d'une autre piste de mon choix et pouvoir avoir des mode d'édition dans l’éditeur de partition (ex: minor, major, lydien ...) .

J'aimerais aussi avoir des entrer cv à l'arriere du combinator (comme l'interface de gestion des VST) ainsi que plus de bouton et de rotatif. + de fonction dans l'editeur audio des racks.

je n'ai pas de plus grosse attente pour le moment

scratchnsnifff

23 Dec 2017

Kilsane wrote:
22 Dec 2017
Hello
What I would find great for me, would be to be able to color certain note (ex: the fundamental), to be able to have in ghost note, the notes of another track of my choice and to be able to have mode of edition in the editor of partition (ex: minor, major, lydien ...).

I would also like to have cv input to the back of the combinator (like the VST management interface) as well as more button and rotary. + function in the audio editor of the racks.

I do not have a bigger wait for the moment

Original texte in french
Ce que je trouverais génial pour moi, se serais de pouvoir coloré certaine note (ex: les fondamental), pouvoir avoir en ghost note, les notes d'une autre piste de mon choix et pouvoir avoir des mode d'édition dans l’éditeur de partition (ex: minor, major, lydien ...) .

J'aimerais aussi avoir des entrer cv à l'arriere du combinator (comme l'interface de gestion des VST) ainsi que plus de bouton et de rotatif. + de fonction dans l'editeur audio des racks.

je n'ai pas de plus grosse attente pour le moment

I have been wondering if the props would ever even touch the combinator, I know that it’s one of reasons strongest features. But it’s been forever, and with all the new REs, and even the new stock synths; the combinator still hasn’t seen any additions. It makes me wonder if it’s more feasible to just make a new one. I like the idea of right clicking a parameter and having a menu for map to rotary one. I could do with the more knobs, and some of the sequencer translation when renaming :p this is my most wanted feature list (updated combinator) I hate having to start right clicking random parameters to automate, because it clutters my sequencer

EdGrip

23 Dec 2017

In The Mythical Combinator Update (TM), I would like to see adjustable curves in the programmer between rotary and destination.

kitekrazy

23 Dec 2017

Bring back auditioning patches in the browser. Audition a midi file in the browser. Relocating factory refills on another drive without resorting to makelinks. R10 has some serious bloat issues.

joeyluck

23 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
21 Dec 2017

:thumbs_up:
I had proposed this, and a few options here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7492856&p
You can detach windows, but would be great to be able to have it snap to the side and adjust relative to the window it's attached. I also wouldn't mind being able to be attach it to the bottom.

ProfessaKaos

23 Dec 2017

stephensmattlee wrote:
21 Dec 2017

Second this ^^^^^^
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

EnochLight

25 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
21 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Loque wrote:
21 Dec 2017
No, this has nothing to do with virtual desktops. It's just stock Windows management on a single monitor, and is pretty easy to do in Windows. When you have more than one window open, just hold down your Windows key and select the right or left arrow, and then select the other window you want to split screen with. Resize any windows to taste. Easy peasy:

Save a default song project like this and it will open like this every time.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

25 Dec 2017

EnochLight wrote:
25 Dec 2017
No, this has nothing to do with virtual desktops. It's just stock Windows management on a single monitor, and is pretty easy to do in Windows. When you have more than one window open, just hold down your Windows key and select the right or left arrow, and then select the other window you want to split screen with. Resize any windows to taste. Easy peasy:

Save a default song project like this and it will open like this every time.
Thanks for the effort, but that really looks clumsy to me. I'm incredibly visual person and that seems like - because it is - a puzzle made of elements that don't belong together and is about to fall apart... :(

Ahornberg

25 Dec 2017

I don't care, I just make music.

EdGrip

25 Dec 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
25 Dec 2017
I don't care, I just make music

• Information