Reason 10.0.1 Released!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MikeMcKew

20 Dec 2017

Basically bug fixes and small improvements. Check the release notes here:

https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason ... ease-notes

moneykube

20 Dec 2017

Reason 10.0.1 / Reason Essentials 10.0.1 Release Notes

Improved handling of missing Rack Extensions inside combinators
Added error alert on downloading optional content when disk is full
Fixed an issue where closing the optional content download dialog could close Reason
Fixed an issue where dragging patches to an empty favorites list did not work
ReWire master/mixer and slave/device is now always referred to as "host" and "device"
Updated version of Europa and Grain that fixes a problem where the compressor didn't behave correctly when using sample rates higher than 44.1kHz

and mac fix is where.... get on it and fix vst optimization and mac issues... these issues are a pathetic fix... deal with the real issues please... you can not say you are unaware of the issues... time to deal with core issues... been here since reason 2... always you blame apple... yet no other daws have the issue... remember when you were solving the multicore issue with reason 3.... never fixed... blamed apple... if you have blown it own it...

and stop blaming users while your at it... pathetic truly pathetic... and please don't say... be patient we are working on it... that has been nothing but a lie in the past... grrr... perhaps presents to placate the masses is in order... lololol... no solve it
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EnochLight

20 Dec 2017

moneykube wrote:
20 Dec 2017
and mac fix is where.... get on it and fix vst optimization and mac issues... these issues are a pathetic fix... deal with the real issues please... you can not say you are unaware of the issues... time to deal with core issues... been here since reason 2... always you blame apple... yet no other daws have the issue... remember when you were solving the multicore issue with reason 3.... never fixed... blamed apple... if you have blown it own it... soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/own-it-the-qube

and stop blaming users while your at it... pathetic truly pathetic... and please don't say... be patient we are working on it... that has been nothing but a lie in the past... grrr... perhaps presents to placate the masses is in order... lololol... no solve it
Jesus dude, relax. :roll: So they pushed a small point update to fix some minor bugs - that doesn't mean they've stopped with all future bug fixes. I've got my own laundry list of things that need attention.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

chimp_spanner

20 Dec 2017

C'mon now. I think it's a stretch to say no other DAWs have problems on Mac. Every time they push an update out tonnes of people on my list are like "OMG DON'T UPDATE IT BREAKS ALL YOUR PLUGINS" :D Not saying we shouldn't voice concerns but...maybe with a little less hyperbole!

Catblack

20 Dec 2017

I'm just glad they got a few fixes in before they all take off for the holidays.

Larger workflow improvements will probably take quite a bit of time in testing. I remain optimistic that they will give us some early next year.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

scratchnsnifff

20 Dec 2017

Indeed, I as well will stay optimistic as I am seeing more people as of recently bring up the fact that combinator needs more rotaries/has a few long lasting bugs (like the fact that you can rename knobs but the sequencer doesn’t translate the input text) I feel like the next big thing will probably be midi tools. I will continue to hold on to the glimmer of hope that one day we see 8 knobs. More matrix slots than one would ever need.(we can input unlimited devices into a combinator but yet there isn’t an unlimited rotary amount haha) a working daw is a good daw
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

jlgrimes

20 Dec 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
20 Dec 2017
C'mon now. I think it's a stretch to say no other DAWs have problems on Mac. Every time they push an update out tonnes of people on my list are like "OMG DON'T UPDATE IT BREAKS ALL YOUR PLUGINS" :D Not saying we shouldn't voice concerns but...maybe with a little less hyperbole!
I think the main problem is the performance issue on the Mac has been a problem for awhile even before VSTs. VSTS just highlighted the issue even more.

Mac OS updates generally do introduce some issues so I normally wait about 6 months or so to upgrade and usually most glaring issues are sorted by then. I started back using Reason early this year before VSTS and the performance issues was still there. I haven’t been on Windows in awhile so I thought it was just a Reason issue. 10 years ago Reason was the king in performance. Even when Record came out Reason was a high performer. I can’t say so recently.

That said Maschine is also hoggy.

Ableton which used to be a hog on Windows seem to perform great on a Mac.

If they implemented freezing though I don’t think there would be many complaints. With CPU hungry VSTS freezing is a way of life. Lack of it in Reason and Maschine is a workflow killer. Sucks less in Maschine though as it is more of a song starter program than a song finisher.

That said Reason has so much to love now, killer synths, easy sequencer, good integration of devices, a unique Rack Extension library that’s affordable and great, it can do much of everything functionally without having to go to another program. A performance fix would be icing on the cake.

AttenuationHz

20 Dec 2017

We all know Propellerhead don't release detailed patch notes. There is most likely more fixed than is currently listed!

The Template song I use is using 1 less DSP bar anyway. Formally 2 DSP bars now 1!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Namyo85

21 Dec 2017

None of the long term, obvious bugs and errors fixed I see. I actually believe I will have more chance of seeing Jesus return than seeing those core problems fixed! I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by Namyo85 on 10 Jan 2018, edited 2 times in total.

botnotbot

21 Dec 2017

Namyo85 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
None of the long term, obvious bugs and errors fixed I see. Baffling! ?

I'm a newcomer to Reason. What are the obvious bugs and errors I should watch out for? I would like to avoid them if I can.

Namyo85

21 Dec 2017

It so happens that I'm in the process of compiling a list, here's what I have so far, some of them are purely 'cosmetic' and some don't really upset the workflow however, I argue that these small things are the difference between amateur and Pro!

Cannot switch between playing different devices tracks on SSL mixer (need to describe this better) to change instruments you have to click on the sequencer track or rack in the device.

Browsers need a sync function when windows are separated.

Search term disappears from search box when selecting different search areas.

Kong buttons don't appear on navigator when custom background is used.

Playback continues after end marker, should be an option?

Sequencer needs an 'absolute' snap to grid, currently it's only relative.

Using the up and down keys to navigate the rack - when a folded player is encountered the navigator jumps to bottom of rack.

The combinator rotary and button automation lanes aren't renamed in the sequencer when renaming on the device.

Europa and Grain have tool tip errors and one inconsistency on the effects tooltip.

Reasons stock devices also have their own file extension icon which visually lets one know what device the patch is from. I can accept non reason re's having a repatch icon and extension, however it seems lazy and not keeping with convention that the latest Reason stock devices should have these repatch icons and extensions. How about .eur for Europa, .grn for grain for example.

That's all I have for now, I will add and refine this list in the meantime.

AttenuationHz

21 Dec 2017

Namyo85 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
It so happens that I'm in the process of compiling a list, here's what I have so far, some of them are purely 'cosmetic' and some don't really upset the workflow however, I argue that these small things are the difference between amateur and Pro!

Cannot switch between playing different devices tracks on SSL mixer (need to describe this better) to change instruments you have to click on the sequencer track or rack in the device.

Browsers need a sync function when windows are separated.

Search term disappears from search box when selecting different search areas.

Kong buttons don't appear on navigator when custom background is used.

Playback continues after end marker, should be an option?

Sequencer needs an 'absolute' snap to grid, currently it's only relative.

Using the up and down keys to navigate the rack - when a folded player is encountered the navigator jumps to bottom of rack.

The combinator rotary and button automation lanes aren't renamed in the sequencer when renaming on the device.

Europa and Grain have tool tip errors and one inconsistency on the effects tooltip.

Reasons stock devices also have their own file extension icon which visually lets one know what device the patch is from. I can accept non reason re's having a repatch icon and extension, however it seems lazy and not keeping with convention that the latest Reason stock devices should have these repatch icons and extensions. How about .eur for Europa, .grn for grain for example.

That's all I have for now, I will add and refine this list in the meantime.

Before you go any further did you Beta test and/or report any of these issues?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Namyo85

21 Dec 2017

Seems unnecessary to quote the entire post :roll: anyway, Yes I did. I beta tested 9 and 10. There are a couple of items I haven't reported or written anywhere else yet though... I like your routing idea b.t.w, would be good to see that.

EnochLight

21 Dec 2017

Namyo85 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Seems unnecessary to quote the entire post :roll: anyway,
Not really. ;) Saves people from having to find the quote being responded to, and offers clarity.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

AttenuationHz

21 Dec 2017

EnochLight wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Namyo85 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Seems unnecessary to quote the entire post :roll: anyway,
Not really. ;) Saves people from having to find the quote being responded to, and offers clarity.
And notifies the person being quoted!

AOS

21 Dec 2017

Hey Guys and Gals. I'm new here and I had a question regarding this update. The Pitch Editor is no longer showing me the pitch/Vibrato wave form. I've done nothing different and seems to have started after this update. Are any of you experiencing this, or is it some random obscure setting I tweaked by accident? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 9.18.13 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 9.18.13 AM.jpg (705.99 KiB) Viewed 3156 times

Namyo85

21 Dec 2017

Not when it's an entire post, makes it look like a double post... especially when the reply is directly under the post being replied to... also the fact there's a reply in itself notifies the person being quoted. :cool:

demt

21 Dec 2017

obvious to a beginner?
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

EnochLight

21 Dec 2017

Namyo85 wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Not when it's an entire post, makes it look like a double post... especially when the reply is directly under the post being replied to... also the fact there's a reply in itself notifies the person being quoted. :cool:
Meh, I suppose it's personal preference. Most of us here prefer to be quoted when we're being responded to. If you want to split hairs and only quote a select part, that's cool. But some of us are doing this on a mobile device and cutting out part of a quote is a pain in the ass.

In the grand scheme of things, is it really that big of a deal? Asking for a friend. ;)

WongoTheSane

21 Dec 2017

AOS wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Hey Guys and Gals. I'm new here and I had a question regarding this update. The Pitch Editor is no longer showing me the pitch/Vibrato wave form. I've done nothing different and seems to have started after this update. Are any of you experiencing this, or is it some random obscure setting I tweaked by accident? Thanks in advance.
It's working fine here (i.e. no change from previous versions). But something is weird in your picture: why are the segments pink? They're blue on my setup, whichever theme I'm on. Have you changed the contrast color in your OS or something by any chance?

EnochLight

21 Dec 2017

AOS wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Weird - works fine on my end, but I'm on Win 10. Anyone else on OSX that can chime in?

rcbuse
RE Developer

21 Dec 2017

AOS wrote:
21 Dec 2017
I think you might be editing data outside the clip
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 5.42.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 5.42.59 PM.png (67.59 KiB) Viewed 3092 times

WongoTheSane

21 Dec 2017

rcbuse wrote:
21 Dec 2017
AOS wrote:
21 Dec 2017
Well spotted! :lol:

Namyo85

21 Dec 2017

EnochLight wrote:
21 Dec 2017
In the grand scheme of things, is it really that big of a deal? Asking for a friend. ;)
Humbling reply and so true! :roll:
Last edited by Namyo85 on 27 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

AOS

21 Dec 2017

rcbuse wrote:
21 Dec 2017
AOS wrote:
21 Dec 2017

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 5.42.59 PM.png
Hmmmm...Ok..I'll check again. But I would get back into the audio data? I don't understand why its Pink.. Theres only the audio file then I click the open in Pitch Edit...IDK

• Information