Spam from PH

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ljekio

18 Dec 2017

Im received more 10 identical emails about upgrade Reason from PH for one night.
Only me?

dstreets

18 Dec 2017

I’ve been getting these all day as well. : (

flightONE

19 Dec 2017

me too, their email system must be messed up... it's highly annoying... so I hope they right this wrong by giving away at least one RE per each spam message.... :puf_bigsmile: ;)

tagewidsell

19 Dec 2017

Oh wow...

Hi, it's me: Propellerhead's chief spammer.

I'm very sorry about this and I wish I had someone else to blame, but it was actually my hand on the button when those emails were sent out last night. I screwed up and must have forgotten to make sure to click the little box that ensures one email per person only.

Again, I'm sorry for the spam and I'll make sure we're extra carful in the future when sending out emails this way.

And I don't have any free REs as compensation as suggested in the post above, but I do have this cool old Reason prototype image that I've been meaning to post somewhere and this might just be the place. It's from before Reason was even called Reason and we were trying out the rack concept. Subtractor was called BLEEP-SURFER and boy, that "ixer" on top really needed some design work done :-). Actually, we had an unspoken rule that prototypes must be ugly with really stupid names and such so that nobody would fall in love with an interface that hadn't been properly designed yet. As seen in this image.
EarlyRealizer.png
EarlyRealizer.png (341.14 KiB) Viewed 5059 times
Well again, I'm sorry for the spam flood and we'll need to look at our routines for how we send stuff out before the next round of emails. In the meantime, take care, buy loads of stuff from the sale (HEY! Up to 70% off on 200+ products until Jan 31st). And man, I must be such a smart marketer to detract attention from my own machine-gun-style spam mailing with an old Reason prototype.

All the best,
Tage Widsell
Propellerhead old-timer and spam czar.

tiker01

19 Dec 2017

I have received 0 emails yesterday! :D

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

antic604

19 Dec 2017

I got nothing. I guess Props don't want me to be their friend anymore... :(

Djstarski

19 Dec 2017

tagewidsell wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Oh wow...

Hi, it's me: Propellerhead's chief spammer.

I'm very sorry about this and I wish I had someone else to blame, but it was actually my hand on the button when those emails were sent out last night. I screwed up and must have forgotten to make sure to click the little box that ensures one email per person only.

Again, I'm sorry for the spam and I'll make sure we're extra carful in the future when sending out emails this way.

And I don't have any free REs as compensation as suggested in the post above, but I do have this cool old Reason prototype image that I've been meaning to post somewhere and this might just be the place. It's from before Reason was even called Reason and we were trying out the rack concept. Subtractor was called BLEEP-SURFER and boy, that "ixer" on top really needed some design work done :-). Actually, we had an unspoken rule that prototypes must be ugly with really stupid names and such so that nobody would fall in love with an interface that hadn't been properly designed yet. As seen in this image.

EarlyRealizer.png

Well again, I'm sorry for the spam flood and we'll need to look at our routines for how we send stuff out before the next round of emails. In the meantime, take care, buy loads of stuff from the sale (HEY! Up to 70% off on 200+ products until Jan 31st). And man, I must be such a smart marketer to detract attention from my own machine-gun-style spam mailing with an old Reason prototype.

All the best,
Tage Widsell
Propellerhead old-timer and spam czar.

No problem Tage , mistakes happen from time to time .
Can you do me a big favour and tell me where you guys got the name Reason from ? I`ve always wanted to know this .

Thank you

adfielding

19 Dec 2017

Djstarski wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Can you do me a big favour and tell me where you guys got the name Reason from ? I`ve always wanted to know this .
I believe it's taken from Snow Crash - in it, there's a railgun called Reason, and a quote from one of the characters saying something along the lines of "I wish they'd listen to Reason".

deepndark

19 Dec 2017

All the screws are in the same position it seems, ha!

tagewidsell

19 Dec 2017

Djstarski wrote:
19 Dec 2017

No problem Tage , mistakes happen from time to time .

Thank you
As Adam pointed out above, it's taken from Snow Crash. In the dystopian future US, the italian mob is actually one of the lesser evils and for some time in the story also the protagonist's protector. One of the mob guys is hauling around a dangerous weapon that needs to be fed water all the time to cool it off. After an altercation with a pirate gang, the power of Reason is revealed to be a portable nuclear powered rail gun. And the winning line is "I told you they would listen to Reason."

We meant to call it Reaktor, but Native scooped that one up. Then we wanted to call it Realizer (as seen in the image) but someone else picked that before we announced. So Reason it was.

After release, someone sent us this quote from Aldous Huxley's Brave New World:
"Suddenly, from out of the Synthetic Music Box a Voice began to speak. The Voice of Reason, the Voice of Good Feeling. […] even the policemen's eyes were momentarily dimmed with tears […] "what is the meaning of this? Why aren't you all being happy and good together? Happy and good," the Voice repeated. "At peace, at peace." "

/Tage

Wickline

19 Dec 2017

flightONE wrote:me too, their email system must be messed up... it's highly annoying... so I hope they right this wrong by giving away at least one RE per each spam message.... :puf_bigsmile: ;)
Worth a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

flightONE

19 Dec 2017

Wickline wrote:
flightONE wrote:me too, their email system must be messed up... it's highly annoying... so I hope they right this wrong by giving away at least one RE per each spam message.... :puf_bigsmile: ;)
Worth a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worst part is that i’m still getting a bunch of e-mails as of 8:49AM CST [emoji849]... Props should realize that no e-mail is required since I already spend every spare dollar and minute on Reason related stuff...

tagewidsell

19 Dec 2017

flightONE wrote:
19 Dec 2017

Worst part is that i’m still getting a bunch of e-mails as of 8:49AM CST [emoji849]... Props should realize that no e-mail is required since I already spend every spare dollar and minute on Reason related stuff...

Ahhrrg!!! I thought I had the marketing machine under control, but apparently it started spamming again. Sorry once more. I have now turned our Spamatron 3000 off.

Proof:
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 15.58.42.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 15.58.42.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 4888 times

EdGrip

19 Dec 2017

You know the deal.
One spam mishap = one early Reason fact or picture. Pay up.

esselfortium

19 Dec 2017

tagewidsell wrote:
19 Dec 2017
[...] so that nobody would fall in love with an interface that hadn't been properly designed yet.
That's where you're wrong. Bring back the Bleep-Surfer! :lol:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

ejanuska

19 Dec 2017

That is a great history story. The bleep-surfer photo is funny.
Did NI have a spy in PH that stole the name Reaktor? Could be a movie plot.
Concerning spam, I'm getting NI emails daily along with Toontracks, and every other company I was suckered into giving my email address to for a free refill or plug-in. Another reason to stick to REs.
Xmas the time of joy, giving and fucking spam.

FlowerSoldier

19 Dec 2017

We need moar Realizer pictures!
This might be one of my favourite posts to date!

flightONE

19 Dec 2017

esselfortium wrote:
19 Dec 2017
tagewidsell wrote:
19 Dec 2017
[...] so that nobody would fall in love with an interface that hadn't been properly designed yet.
That's where you're wrong. Bring back the Bleep-Surfer! :lol:
I think subtractor should definitely be renamed back to bleep-surfer when the UI gets re-done for HiRes displays... :shock:

househoppin09

19 Dec 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
19 Dec 2017
We need moar Realizer pictures!
This might be one of my favourite posts to date!
Agreed, would love to see more! What did the back of the rack look like in that version?

stekme

20 Dec 2017

Its can be very intresting - write a full story about Reason prototypes, this time period, who work under various things,
Does Realizer folder have Reason plugins (re) fom start? :puf_smile:

Goodbye

20 Dec 2017

I wonder if the graphics processing has been updated since Bleep Surfer. I doubt it.

tagewidsell

20 Dec 2017

stekme wrote:
20 Dec 2017
Its can be very intresting - write a full story about Reason prototypes, this time period, who work under various things,
Yeah - maybe that's a good idea. I'll see what memorabilia I can dig up.

/Tage

FlowerSoldier

20 Dec 2017

tagewidsell wrote:
20 Dec 2017
stekme wrote:
20 Dec 2017

/Tage
Yes Please!!! Also, what year is that Bleep-Surfer from?
Around 2000 I'd imagine.

MikeMcKew

20 Dec 2017

Well, I didn't get any spam and I get to see these cool old pictures. Win-win!

EnochLight

20 Dec 2017

tagewidsell wrote:
20 Dec 2017

/Tage
I'm really glad you didn't go with Realizer. And while Reaktor is a cool name, I just can't imagine it being called anything other than Reason. I also find it funny that you guys at least stuck with the same amount of consonants as "Bleep Surfer" when you changed it to "Subtractor". ;) :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information