Spam from PH

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
AttenuationHz

31 Dec 2017

What's more annoying is the talk about the spam! Didn't think it was a problem until this thread came about!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Goodbye

31 Dec 2017

The thing is, if they can't manage a mailing list properly what the hell does that say about a huge legacy codebase?

AttenuationHz

31 Dec 2017

Right switch DAW before it gets worse so.... :lol:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Aosta

31 Dec 2017

unisyn wrote:
31 Dec 2017
tagewidsell wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Well again, I'm sorry for the spam flood and we'll need to look at our routines for how we send stuff out before the next round of emails. In the meantime, take care, buy loads of stuff from the sale (HEY! Up to 70% off on 200+ products until Jan 31st). And man, I must be such a smart marketer to detract attention from my own machine-gun-style spam mailing with an old Reason prototype.

All the best,
Tage Widsell
Propellerhead old-timer and spam czar.
Well thanks to you and the SPAM team, I unsubscribed today.

Why the hell do you guys make users feel guilty and annoyed by re-re-re-re-re-minding them that the Reason 10 discount is about to end?
This! Spam has the opposite effect on me, if a company is overly annoying then I simply wont buy anything. I think there are quite a few people like that I think and I think Tage is costing the company money with his tactics.
Tend the flame

unisyn

31 Dec 2017

r10spam.png
r10spam.png (28.15 KiB) Viewed 2139 times

I don't recall Props being this excessive in the past.

makke

31 Dec 2017

Yeah, I got these too. 6 or 7 emails in last two weeks. Pretty annoying. I even sold my essentials license month ago to my friend and yet they keep spamming me and that I should upgrade to full Reason, lol.

moneykube

31 Dec 2017

https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

AttenuationHz

31 Dec 2017

moneykube wrote:
31 Dec 2017
:lol: :lol:

joeyluck

31 Dec 2017

I'm not getting the emails in the frequency in which others are reporting.

That said, I welcome them all!

In Gmail I have a 'Promotion' tab. That's where I find promotional emails. Those do not litter my primary mail box. I didn't have to do anything to set this up. I can tag emails as such, but Gmail is smart enough that I haven't had to adjust anything.

When I want to know about deals and offers regarding products from developers and manufacturers in which I subscribe to their newsletters, I visit my Promotions tab :thumbs_up:

Psuper

31 Dec 2017

joeyluck wrote:
31 Dec 2017

In Gmail I have a 'Promotion' tab. That's where I find promotional emails. Those do not litter my primary mail box. I didn't have to do anything to set this up. I can tag emails as such, but Gmail is smart enough that I haven't had to adjust anything.

When I want to know about deals and offers regarding products from developers and manufacturers in which I subscribe to their newsletters, I visit my Promotions tab :thumbs_up:
Managing the mails are simple, however you may be the first person I know who welcomes spammed mail.I know what you mean though.

I sign up for newsletters to catch news and specials from the companies I want to support, not to be spammed the same message over and over in a lame attempt at generating an additional sale,

Reeks of desperation or poor marketing, regardless of reality.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

FlowerSoldier

31 Dec 2017

Personally, I'm just happy when I get an email....it makes me feel like someone is thinking of me.

joeyluck

31 Dec 2017

Psuper wrote:
31 Dec 2017
joeyluck wrote:
31 Dec 2017

Managing the mails are simple, however you may be the first person I know who welcomes spammed mail.I know what you mean though.

I sign up for newsletters to catch news and specials from the companies I want to support, not to be spammed the same message over and over in a lame attempt at generating an additional sale,

Yeah repetitiveness can be annoying. But most everything in my promotions folder is pretty repetitive this time of year. And it's thankfully separated from my primary email. iZotope is another company I like to receive news and reminders of offers from, but I get something new from them every day during this month.

Speaking of... How about your signature?
Reason needs to DAW.
Props develop the back-end, SDK, performance, options, GUI. No one else can.
RE devs develop the now-expanding playground.
We choose the rides.
If Props insists on making devices, put them in the RE shop.

All problems solved.
Many people voice their opinions in a topic or blog and if they are so passionate about it, they will simply link to that topic in their signature. But to see it voiced with 7 lines every post that you make is a bit spammy, don't you think?

Psuper

31 Dec 2017

joeyluck wrote:
31 Dec 2017
Psuper wrote:
31 Dec 2017

Yeah repetitiveness can be annoying. But most everything in my promotions folder is pretty repetitive this time of year. And it's thankfully separated from my primary email. iZotope is another company I like to receive news and reminders of offers from, but I get something new from them every day during this month.

Reason needs to DAW.
Props develop the back-end, SDK, performance, options, GUI. No one else can.
RE devs develop the now-expanding playground.
We choose the rides.
If Props insists on making devices, put them in the RE shop.

All problems solved.
Many people voice their opinions in a topic or blog and if they are so passionate about it, they will simply link to that topic in their signature. But to see it voiced with 7 lines every post that you make is a bit spammy, don't you think?
Sure -- that's the nature of Signatures - you should know you set the forum signature rules. Everyone has their options including you -- by all means, limit the characters or remove signatures all-together, makes no difference to me. Better to have some genuine feedback that I've had to repeat on numerous occasions, than some random stupid saying that adds nothing to the forum you're participating in. My signature perfectly represents why I'm here.

But comparing a laymen forum signature to a company email spam, that's apples to oranges.

joeyluck

31 Dec 2017

Psuper wrote:
31 Dec 2017
joeyluck wrote:
31 Dec 2017

Sure -- that's the nature of Signatures - you should know you set the forum signature rules. Everyone has their options including you -- by all means, limit the characters or remove signatures all-together, makes no difference to me. Better to have some genuine feedback that I've had to repeat on numerous occasions, than some random stupid saying that adds nothing to the forum you're participating in.

But comparing a laymen forum signature to a company email spam, that's apples to oranges.
We actually are exploring this more. We have gotten general reports about signatures. And we do want the forum to be as easy to navigate and read as possible. Right now we just have the following, under 'guidelines':
8. Use a reasonable sized signature to avoid clutter.
For now, I am only offering a suggestion; which is to write up a topic in feature suggestions and link to it. Then it can be more concise via a link in a signature and more informative/descriptive in a thread topic; which could then gain some traction and trend via that thread's comments.

Psuper

31 Dec 2017

Great suggestion. Unlike Props, I listened to what you had to say, considered it, and made it happen.

joeyluck

31 Dec 2017

Psuper wrote:
31 Dec 2017
Great suggestion. Unlike Props, I listened to what you had to say, considered it, and made it happen.
:thumbs_up: Thanks for doing that :)

I think though Tage from Propellerehead did chime in to apologize and say that the recent spamming was accidental. If there is still an unusual frequency of emails from Propellerhead compared to other email newsletter and offer subscriptions, I would report it to them.

unisyn

31 Dec 2017

Notice that of all these emails about the same product (R10), only a pair has duplicate content.

I can accept the initial notification, and maybe the last one when the sale is about to end;
but 8 promotion emails within 1 months for 1 product is just incomprehensible and unacceptable for me.
Of all the subscribed spam I receive it's definitely the worst.

EnochLight

31 Dec 2017

Psuper wrote:
31 Dec 2017
* Looks at his version of Reason..
  • MIDI for external instruments? Check.
  • Audio recording? Check.
  • Audio pitch editing? Check.
  • VST support? Check.
Weird - looks like the Props listened to what many had to say, considered it, and made it happen. Sure, it took years, but hey - it happened, right? ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Psuper

31 Dec 2017

EnochLight wrote:
31 Dec 2017
Psuper wrote:
31 Dec 2017
* Looks at his version of Reason..
  • MIDI for external instruments? Check.
  • Audio recording? Check.
  • Audio pitch editing? Check.
  • VST support? Check.
Weird - looks like the Props listened to what many had to say, considered it, and made it happen. Sure, it took years, but hey - it happened, right? ;)
6 years till native audio in a "DAW". 12 years till VST in a "DAW". That's not listening, that's caving. And for core features you wouldn't even consider a DAW would be without.

But you're right, at least they eventually added a handful of the hundreds of unanswered repeated requests over the years... :roll: :thumbs_up:

Zac

31 Dec 2017

Hehe the polar ends of the trolls have a very similar avatar image. One day maybe one will cancel the other?

Psuper

31 Dec 2017

Zac wrote:
31 Dec 2017
Hehe the polar ends of the trolls have a very similar avatar image. One day maybe one will cancel the other?
^ The only troll statement in the entire thread, from someone who adds the least to many conversations.

EnochLight

01 Jan 2018

Zac wrote:
31 Dec 2017
:roll:

Meh - fundamentally disagreeing with someone and presenting your discussion points while remaining respectful is far from trolling. But please, continue!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

01 Jan 2018

Fun Reason History!

From my friend Kim Bjorn’s excellent new book Push Turn Move (highly recommended).

https://www.pushturnmove.com

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

FlowerSoldier

01 Jan 2018

Too cool. That's a good looking book. I want moar.

Zac

04 Jan 2018

EnochLight wrote:
01 Jan 2018
Zac wrote:
31 Dec 2017
:roll:

Meh - fundamentally disagreeing with someone and presenting your discussion points while remaining respectful is far from trolling. But please, continue!
It's just masturbation by you and psuper. And me for pointing out the avatar similarities... i could have just chuckled to myself but no i had to share my observation. Ego. You two please continue .. no one ever gets persuaded. Jerk it out.

• Information