Spam from PH

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EdGrip

20 Dec 2017

I always assumed Reason was mainly a funny response to Logic.
ReAlizer and Reaktor are both trying too hard, and would sound dated by now. They're both a bit MySpace. Reason is a timeless name.

tagewidsell

21 Dec 2017

EdGrip wrote:
20 Dec 2017
ReAlizer and Reaktor are both trying too hard, and would sound dated by now. They're both a bit MySpace. Reason is a timeless name.
The funny thing is (and I may be wrong here) that I think nobody in the team ever made the connection to Logic at the time. Which seems weird in hindsight.

/Tage

Soft Enerji

21 Dec 2017

tagewidsell wrote:
21 Dec 2017
EdGrip wrote:
20 Dec 2017
The funny thing is (and I may be wrong here) that I think nobody in the team ever made the connection to Logic at the time. Which seems weird in hindsight.

/Tage
The Reason vs Logic thing was where I always assumed the name came from too. I love this new insight. Nice!

Djstarski

21 Dec 2017

adfielding wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Djstarski wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Can you do me a big favour and tell me where you guys got the name Reason from ? I`ve always wanted to know this .
I believe it's taken from Snow Crash - in it, there's a railgun called Reason, and a quote from one of the characters saying something along the lines of "I wish they'd listen to Reason".

Thank you Adam for that .

Djstarski

21 Dec 2017

tagewidsell wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Djstarski wrote:
19 Dec 2017

No problem Tage , mistakes happen from time to time .
Can you do me a big favour and tell me where you guys got the name Reason from ? I`ve always wanted to know this .

Thank you
As Adam pointed out above, it's taken from Snow Crash. In the dystopian future US, the italian mob is actually one of the lesser evils and for some time in the story also the protagonist's protector. One of the mob guys is hauling around a dangerous weapon that needs to be fed water all the time to cool it off. After an altercation with a pirate gang, the power of Reason is revealed to be a portable nuclear powered rail gun. And the winning line is "I told you they would listen to Reason."

We meant to call it Reaktor, but Native scooped that one up. Then we wanted to call it Realizer (as seen in the image) but someone else picked that before we announced. So Reason it was.

After release, someone sent us this quote from Aldous Huxley's Brave New World:
"Suddenly, from out of the Synthetic Music Box a Voice began to speak. The Voice of Reason, the Voice of Good Feeling. […] even the policemen's eyes were momentarily dimmed with tears […] "what is the meaning of this? Why aren't you all being happy and good together? Happy and good," the Voice repeated. "At peace, at peace." "

/Tage
Thank you . Finally the reason why it is called Reason .

adfielding

22 Dec 2017

tagewidsell wrote:
19 Dec 2017
After release, someone sent us this quote from Aldous Huxley's Brave New World:
"Suddenly, from out of the Synthetic Music Box a Voice began to speak. The Voice of Reason, the Voice of Good Feeling. […] even the policemen's eyes were momentarily dimmed with tears […] "what is the meaning of this? Why aren't you all being happy and good together? Happy and good," the Voice repeated. "At peace, at peace." "
I've never read Snow Crash (though I feel like I probably should!), but I have read BNW several times and I never made that connection until you pointed it out here. That's awesome :)

WillyOD

22 Dec 2017

One of my "favourites" is receiving mail from Props about another sale. Lemme guess, it's been two weeks, A-List drummer series (or guitar) is on sale for -50%. Laadidaa. Lemme guess, they're included in Reason 11, so buy them while you have a chance.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

EdGrip

22 Dec 2017

Would you like a nice cup of tea, Willy?

WillyOD

22 Dec 2017

I don't mind a good cup of anything, but it being shoved in my face every two weeks (and I'm not even kidding), seems a bit much. I understand Props have a problem selling sample/loop packy things like A-Lists, but maybe stop spamming your users about it.

I'm kinda bored with Reason not getting proper updates. We've been through the RE years, we've now going throught VST years. I would like some improvements to the core software. I feel the last great update was when Record came out and added audio options and maybe IR support after that.

I cannot recommend anyone buying anything from Props anymore, since they're just adding their currently paid stuff to the next Reason update for free.

Hmm... I guess I need that f*cking cup of tea. Laters, all ;)
EdGrip wrote:
22 Dec 2017
Would you like a nice cup of tea, Willy?
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Goodbye

22 Dec 2017

I don't mind a good cup of anything, but it being shoved in my face every two weeks (and I'm not even kidding), seems a bit much. I understand Props have a problem selling sample/loop packy things like A-Lists, but maybe stop spamming your users about it.
This permanent sale mentality reeks of either desparation or greed. They are just milking users without delivering on the core application, possibly because they can see sales are flatlining, but probably through complete cynicism. I imagine it makes it tough if you are selling anything on their shop - if half the products are on sale most of the time then you are pushed into sale prices too to remain competitive.

EnochLight

22 Dec 2017

WillyOD wrote:
22 Dec 2017
I understand Props have a problem selling sample/loop packy things like A-Lists
What makes you think they have any problems selling anything? Sales are normal all of the time, especially at this time of year (at least for most of western civilization).

Anyway, I totally empathize with people being spammed with sale stuff. It begs repeating that Props (Tage) already chimed in and said it was an unintentional screw up.
Goodbye wrote:
22 Dec 2017
This permanent sale mentality reeks of either desparation or greed.
:roll:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EdGrip

22 Dec 2017

You guys are like those people on street corners with "The End Is Nigh" signs.

Electric-Metal

22 Dec 2017

EdGrip wrote:
22 Dec 2017
:lol:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

EnochLight

22 Dec 2017

EdGrip wrote:
22 Dec 2017
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

househoppin09

23 Dec 2017

EdGrip wrote:
22 Dec 2017
This should really just be the official tagline of ReasonTalk... and most other audio forums :lol:

Goodbye

23 Dec 2017

The end is nigh.

demt

23 Dec 2017

jesus is hear with us as the end cometh to judge the winter competition
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Aosta

28 Dec 2017

Time is running out 25% off Reason!
4 times I've been spammed this mail in the last 30 or so hours. I already unsubbed from getting mail from props?? Leave me alone props ffs!!
Tend the flame

Psuper

29 Dec 2017

Ya they're getting silly with the emails, got more from Propellerhead in the last 3 months than in the last 3 years. Not exaggerating, 48 emails since October.

Obviously not doing as well as they hoped.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

EnochLight

29 Dec 2017

The_End_Is_NYE.jpg
The_End_Is_NYE.jpg (468.47 KiB) Viewed 3058 times

househoppin09

29 Dec 2017

:lol:

EdGrip

30 Dec 2017

Just checked - the last time I had a marketing email from Propellerhead was in late November - advertising the 15% off for referrals offer.

Aosta

30 Dec 2017

Psuper wrote:
29 Dec 2017
Ya they're getting silly with the emails, got more from Propellerhead in the last 3 months than in the last 3 years. Not exaggerating, 48 emails since October.

Obviously not doing as well as they hoped.
Thing is I already own R10 so why the fuck would I want to buy it again.
I've unsubbed again from the mailing list but I'm sure I'm on another that only spams certain other offers.
Been through this before where a company will have levels of spam and you have to unsub from each list.
Adobe are masterers at this form of marketing spammy crap.
Props, stop it! It makes your company looks unprofessional and desperate.
Tend the flame

househoppin09

31 Dec 2017

Sorry Tage, I think you're going to have to post way more prototype goodies to make up for these ongoing debacles. We might be nearing the point where only binaries can balance the scales... ;)

unisyn

31 Dec 2017

tagewidsell wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Well again, I'm sorry for the spam flood and we'll need to look at our routines for how we send stuff out before the next round of emails. In the meantime, take care, buy loads of stuff from the sale (HEY! Up to 70% off on 200+ products until Jan 31st). And man, I must be such a smart marketer to detract attention from my own machine-gun-style spam mailing with an old Reason prototype.

All the best,
Tage Widsell
Propellerhead old-timer and spam czar.
Well thanks to you and the SPAM team, I unsubscribed today.

Why the hell do you guys make users feel guilty and annoyed by re-re-re-re-re-minding them that the Reason 10 discount is about to end?

• Information