Color name doesn't match color box

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Voyager

17 Dec 2017

Hello everyone,

When i want to choose a color track i notice that some colors names doesn't match the color box and thus not convenient to choose a wanted color. Is there anyway to make the color box match their attribute names ? I'm on R10 btw..

WongoTheSane

17 Dec 2017

Which colors? Do you use F.lux? Can you post a screenshot?

Voyager

18 Dec 2017

What is F.lux ? Im on W7 64 bit.

Sure, here it is,

WongoTheSane

18 Dec 2017

Voyager wrote:
18 Dec 2017
What is F.lux ? Im on W7 64 bit.

Sure, here it is,

Oh wow! That's not normal for sure. F.lux is a system that changes your monitor's color scheme to follow the time of day (bluer in the morning, yellower in the evening). Do you have a color calibration system in place? Do you have this problem in other software? Can you see the following picture correctly?
colors.JPG
colors.JPG (31.21 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
Also, try this:

- Right-click on Reason's icon and select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab

Is "Run in 256 colors" enabled by any chance, or any of the settings in that tab?

Electric-Metal

18 Dec 2017

At least from my experience I can tell, when changing the Windows theme to any other setting than the default, it screws up the color palette in Reason.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

WongoTheSane

18 Dec 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
18 Dec 2017
At least from my experience I can tell, when changing the Windows theme to any other setting than the default, it screws up the color palette in Reason.
That's my thought as well. OP's menu background is dark, while it never is even when choosing the Dark theme, so I think he has altered something somewhere, either through Windows or some extension. Two things happen in his color list: the color depth is reduced (bitwise), and it's inverted. Could also be a high contrast thing, one of those accessibility widgets?

Voyager

18 Dec 2017

No i don't use F.lux then. I ckecked the properties but nothing is checked...

The only thing i use is Classic Shell, to get the old style menu on W7. But i don't think it's the cause..

When i was on 7.1 i remember having the same issue with the wrong colors box.

Btw yes, i see your picture colors correctly.
Last edited by Voyager on 18 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

WongoTheSane

18 Dec 2017

Voyager wrote:
18 Dec 2017

The only thing i use is Classic Shell, to get the old style menu on W7. But i don't think it's the cause..

But why is your menu background dark gray?

Voyager

18 Dec 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
18 Dec 2017
Voyager wrote:
18 Dec 2017

But why is your menu background dark gray?
I chanded it because since i work in a dark home studio and it's easier for my eyes than white or any open color. I changed this by right click on the desktop personalize and change the window color in the bottom, you know like in the old days with xp.

Voyager

18 Dec 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
18 Dec 2017
You right. I just test with the original windows theme and the colors are correct now but once i get back to my personalized them the colors goes wrong again...

I guess there is no way to fix this..

Electric-Metal

18 Dec 2017

Sorry, I somehow overlooked your post above. :oops:
Last edited by Electric-Metal on 18 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

WongoTheSane

18 Dec 2017

Voyager wrote:
18 Dec 2017
Electric-Metal wrote:
18 Dec 2017
You right. I just test with the original windows theme and the colors are correct now but once i get back to my personalized them the colors goes wrong again...

I think it's not the personalized theme but the high contrast. Try typing Left Alt + Left Shift + Print Screen at the same time. Windows should freeze for a moment, then ask whether you want high contrast or not. Select No, and check your menu again: the colors should be back. High contrast reduces the number of colors and inverts them.

You can find the option to activate/deactivate that shortcut in Control Panel/Ease of Access/Optimize Visual Display. I think that if you deactivate it, you can then proceed to changing the colors as you did previously, i.e. right-click, personalize, and change UI elements one by one. I'm not sure Reason will honor those choices though, I've tried changing the menu background but Reason overrides it somehow.

Edit: the high contrast I pointed out above isn't the only way Windows inverts the colors, I've just checked and selecting any of the High Contrast themes does that as well. Not sure there's a solution to this. At least we know where the problem comes from...

WongoTheSane

18 Dec 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
18 Dec 2017
Voyager wrote:
18 Dec 2017
I chanded it because since i work in a dark home studio and it's easier for my eyes than white or any open color. I changed this by right click on the desktop personalize and change the window color in the bottom, you know like in the old days with xp.
Here we go. Just do a test, and set your theme to the default classic and the the colors will almost match, set it to W7 default and they match perfectly as seen in @Wongos' screenshot.
Indeed. The weird thing is that if you go to Personalize, Window Color, Advanced options and then pick a custom color for the menu, it won't stick in Reason. It would have solved Voyager's problem, but I can't see a way around this...

Voyager

18 Dec 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
18 Dec 2017
Sorry, I somehow overlooked your post above. :oops:
yep already tested,
Voyager wrote:
18 Dec 2017
Electric-Metal wrote:
18 Dec 2017

@WongoTheSane,

I tryed but the high constrast was already disabled. So it's not the problem. Anyway what i did is make a screenshot with the menu with the right colors and i'll kep it in a separated window to check when i need to select a color. I don't see another option and i don't want to change my theme, too used to it :)

Thanks for the help guys :thumbs_up:

WongoTheSane

18 Dec 2017

Voyager wrote:
18 Dec 2017
@WongoTheSane,

I tryed but the high constrast was already disabled. So it's not the problem. Anyway what i did is make a screenshot with the menu with the right colors and i'll kep it in a separated window to check when i need to select a color. I don't see another option and i don't want to change my theme, too used to it :)

I edited my post, the high contrast is also embedded in the theme you chose, and there's no way to deactivate it in that case unfortunately. Your screenshot idea is a nice one :)

Voyager

18 Dec 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
18 Dec 2017
Voyager wrote:
18 Dec 2017
@WongoTheSane,

I edited my post, the high contrast is also embedded in the theme you chose, and there's no way to deactivate it in that case unfortunately. Your screenshot idea is a nice one :)
Oh ok, yea the screenshot is a good alternative and since i'm not going to use many colors, usually the same, at some point i'll remember them and won't need the screenshot anymore :)

• Information