Poll: How you organize your sounds and how often?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Do you clean/reorganize your patch folders often?

I always keep them tidy, so no need to organize.
25%
I tend to keep them tidy up, but need to fix the folders once in a while
50%
I never clean it, I just use presets.
No votes
I clean them often especially before I have to Gig and I never find what I look for after a few beers!
No votes
Now that we have fav I want to reorganize further more everything!
25%

Total votes: 8
Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2017

Do you use a by category folder and an instrument folder with duplicates,
do you keep one shot samples and one shot synths into one folder (eg kicks)
Do you find yourself often in situation *WTF is this???!? (clueless naming) and then I don't have a folder THAT (experimenting stuff you DO NOT REALLY HAVE A CLUE how it works ; used to work)!!!! :shock:
Do you spend lot of time fixing patches you don't like or cleaning up cable clutters, unused stuff, etc.
How often do you usually try to clean up things and are you happy with your results???
:roll:

Pool added
folderrs.JPG
folderrs.JPG (77.01 KiB) Viewed 340 times

syncanonymous

11 Dec 2017

For sound design, I seldom use presets...maybe 5% of the time...if that often...
I will start with presets depending upon genre...With my work I often end up composing sound a likes that are pop or old school R&B or soul...or classical or orchestral and the sound sets are quite prescriptive and thus "presets" have to be used...of course modifications are required, especially preset fx like rvrbs in combinators.
When I work a project, I make modifications and save in a folder structure connected to the project and/or my overall pool of sounds.

I am one of these people who NEVER does a search; I manually search and know where things are...so, I suppose I keep them organised :-)
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

• Information