Audio to Midi not pitched?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

10 Dec 2017

Ok I'm exploring the Audio to midi function. Weird. It records the rythmic timing of my playing but transfers no pitch information!

I recorded a guit melody over a track I purposly only played monophonic melody of notes without any string bending or chords till about 32 bars into the improvisation.

I tried two ways of transfering this midi
first I imported thor and just did a drag and drop.The red lines went away and I got midi yet No pitch info, just a solid single line of midi notes.

Then I tried Bouncing the guitar audio to midi and got the default subtractor and a track but it still had no pitch info just a single line of notes.

What am I doing wrong?

I sure hope its not my psychokinesis effecting the program. I hate when that happens.

I still laugh when I see a contributor ends his post with 'working on my latest 3 on the floor" that's freaking funny
is it Loque? Can't remember. But It inspires me to seriously think about writing a Polka or Ranchero track.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

RoryM0

10 Dec 2017

Hi there, I believe that before you bounce audio to midi, you need to press 'pitch edit' at the top of the sequencer, it goes into edit view, then you can go back to normal sequencer view and bounce audio to midi and it will include the note info not just the rhythm.

calebbrennan

11 Dec 2017

"'RoryM0

Hi there, I believe that before you bounce audio to midi, you need to press 'pitch edit' at the top of the sequencer, it goes into edit view, then you can go back to normal sequencer view and bounce audio to midi and it will include the note info not just the rhythm.
Top"

THANK yOU. "Rory MO

That did the trick.

The results are freaking me out. so amazing melody following

I wonder if it be done in realtime?

normen

11 Dec 2017

Theres a patch for Neptune in the FSB that allows you to play CV/Note based instruments with it.

cilohaidem

01 Jun 2018

one needs to say that the 'pitch edit' button is on an audio track not on the midi

40charlton07

31 Jul 2018

normen wrote:
11 Dec 2017
Theres a patch for Neptune in the FSB that allows you to play CV/Note based instruments with it.
hi normen! sorry to reply to such an old post. i had a quick try of neptune to see if i could work out what you meant but no i couldnt get it, i dont think you can load patches into neptune? or i could be blind lol

i would love to know if there is a way to take a sound/frequency out of, say, a dr rex, and route via cv to an instrument and have the rex control the instrument so they would be in pitch with each other. is that crazy?

hope to hear from you :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

normen

31 Jul 2018

40charlton07 wrote:
31 Jul 2018
normen wrote:
11 Dec 2017
hi normen! sorry to reply to such an old post. i had a quick try of neptune to see if i could work out what you meant but no i couldnt get it, i dont think you can load patches into neptune? or i could be blind lol

i would love to know if there is a way to take a sound/frequency out of, say, a dr rex, and route via cv to an instrument and have the rex control the instrument so they would be in pitch with each other. is that crazy?

It's a combinator, can't access Reason right now to check though.

40charlton07

31 Jul 2018

normen wrote:
31 Jul 2018
40charlton07 wrote:
31 Jul 2018

It's a combinator, can't access Reason right now to check though.
wow thanks for quick reply normen, really appreciate that! i will do some digging, thank you sir

• Information