ReasonTalk Winter Competition!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Bes
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2017

Submitted from the very hot and humid australian summer.
looking forward to hearing the other entries and thanks for reasontalk and those giving away the amazing loot for the opportunity

good luck all
- Certified Reason expert

pullpoti

19 Dec 2017

I've finished my track, but when I export it to audio, it has a ducking effect. Played back with WMPlayer. The whole mix is fallen apart. In Reason everything sounds fine. Ccompressions are off and still. Please help!

Kenni
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017

pullpoti wrote:I've finished my track, but when I export it to audio, it has a ducking effect. Played back with WMPlayer. The whole mix is fallen apart. In Reason everything sounds fine. Ccompressions are off and still. Please help!
Sounds like your OS is playing through the sound card with added effects. You need to disable that in the sound cards properties in windows.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Iggster

19 Dec 2017

I posted this on another thread but also wanted to ask for advice here because I am struggling to export my song for the competition...

I updated to Reason 10 yesterday and was working on a song for the Winter Song Challenge competition. When I came to export the song as an audio file, the computer keeps crashing (switching off) at around 12 bars into the export process. I've never had this issue with 9.5 and i'm kicking myself that I moved over to Version 10 yesterday because the song doesn't even make use of any of Reason 10's new features and now I can't export the final song!

My laptop is a fairly fast Alienware with a i7 4910 processor so wondering if this should be reported as a bug? Any thoughts?

pullpoti

19 Dec 2017

Kenni wrote:
19 Dec 2017
pullpoti wrote:I've finished my track, but when I export it to audio, it has a ducking effect. Played back with WMPlayer. The whole mix is fallen apart. In Reason everything sounds fine. Ccompressions are off and still. Please help!
Sounds like your OS is playing through the sound card with added effects. You need to disable that in the sound cards properties in windows.
Indeed! The EQ in WMPlayer was on. Checked it out, switching it off and on again. Thanks Kenni! Now it's time to upload it and ready! :thumbup:

WongoTheSane

19 Dec 2017

Iggster wrote:
19 Dec 2017
I posted this on another thread but also wanted to ask for advice here because I am struggling to export my song for the competition...

I updated to Reason 10 yesterday and was working on a song for the Winter Song Challenge competition. When I came to export the song as an audio file, the computer keeps crashing (switching off) at around 12 bars into the export process. I've never had this issue with 9.5 and i'm kicking myself that I moved over to Version 10 yesterday because the song doesn't even make use of any of Reason 10's new features and now I can't export the final song!

My laptop is a fairly fast Alienware with a i7 4910 processor so wondering if this should be reported as a bug? Any thoughts?
Time is of the essence, so keep the bug reporting for later! For now, try this:

- Save your song under a new (temporary name).
- Delete the first track and try exporting.
- If it doesn't work, reload the temp song, delete the second track and try exporting.

Repeat until you find the track that's causing trouble. Once there, either swap the device for another, or slightly alter something (CV, notes...) until you can export (and it doesn't change the song too much).

Alternately, you can try bouncing each track one by one (replacing the tracks by their audio render as you go) (save the song often, under a new name each time so you don't corrupt the original one), and export the result.

Then submit to the competition!

Zac

19 Dec 2017

I'm in :) Looking forward to hearing all of the entries!

Iggster

19 Dec 2017

Thanks Wongo - something I can do without but will give it a try!

AttenuationHz

19 Dec 2017

Iggster wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Thanks Wongo - something I can do without but will give it a try!
I was going to suggest recording everything onto a new audio track in Reason then deleting everything but what you recorded then try export. I was going to talk you through it there but that is actually giving me an Audio Recording Overflow error. Reason also just crashed now...
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Iggster

19 Dec 2017

Thanks for the support guys! I actually ended up turning hyper-threading off to get it to work... A bit annoying as I was hoping to get lyrics into my entry but at least it's exported and uploaded!

Definitely need to report the bug though because I've never had an issue like this before with previous versions!

Kenni
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017

IMPORTANT!

Time is almost up. However, we've found that some links doesn't work.

If you uploaded your entry to SoundCloud, and changed it to "Private" afterwards, the link changes as well which renders your entry invalid!

Please respond to me in PM as soon as possible with working links!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

EpiGenetik

19 Dec 2017

15 minutes to go! .......aaaaaaaaannnnnnnd submitted :)

Good luck everyone :)

Catblack

19 Dec 2017

Made it with 6 minutes to spare!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Zac

19 Dec 2017

Kenni wrote:
19 Dec 2017
IMPORTANT!

If you uploaded your entry to SoundCloud, and changed it to "Private" afterwards, the link changes as well which renders your entry invalid!

If I haven't received a PM can i assume my link was working?

AttenuationHz

19 Dec 2017

Zac wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Kenni wrote:
19 Dec 2017
IMPORTANT!

Fair question!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Kenni
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017

Zac wrote:
19 Dec 2017
Kenni wrote:
19 Dec 2017
IMPORTANT!

Indeed! I'll sanity-check everything once more. If you haven't received a PM yet (or within 10 minutes), you have nothing to worry about. :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

TheGodOfRainbows

19 Dec 2017

Well, I miss-read the time zone. So I thought I had another hour. Oh well. I worked hard on this one, so one way or another I want it to be heard, even if It's not accepted. Can I post it here anyway?

jfrichards

17 Jan 2018

Where are the songs so I can listen to them?

• Information