Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
joeyluck

11 Dec 2017

Zac wrote:
11 Dec 2017
strangers wrote:
11 Dec 2017
Just to be clear...

What is the process/guidelines to be able to post our track on soundcloud or even on the forum (obviously not within this thread) or is that something we should hold off on until the contest is over? I read the original post but still not fully sure and don't want to knock myself out for a misunderstanding. Really looking to spread the winter themed cheer without causing issues.
Sorry i can't answer your question but happy to hear you are ready to post it. I reworked my whole thing today and I'm much happier with it, even if it's only 2+ mins worth.
The public will be able to listen to all the entries when the competition has closed :)

joeyluck

11 Dec 2017

strangers wrote:
11 Dec 2017
Zac wrote:
11 Dec 2017

Sorry i can't answer your question but happy to hear you are ready to post it. I reworked my whole thing today and I'm much happier with it, even if it's only 2+ mins worth.
I still have to finalize the mix and master it, so it's not quite ready for posting just yet. Got a little ahead of myself. I wanted to cover any ground so when it's ready I'm not stumbling around trying to figure out where I can and can't post the track. Interested to hear what you've come up with. This whole silent treatment of not knowing what anyone else has in store is a really interesting way of working.
I actually like it. Especially for a competition such as this, where users are taking the general guideline of the competition theme and getting inspired in different ways and taking different creative approaches. Whereas, when users post their songs, that can influence the tracks of others and sometimes skew expectations. I think it will be a fun to listen to everything at once and be surprised.

Kenni
Site Admin

13 Dec 2017

Less than a week to go people! :D
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

ilikestargazing
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2017

This is the first contest that caught my interest for years. Not as much for the prizes, although great and I really wanna win :P , but rather the wide-cast open call. I think the lack of limitation is great, and, like Zac pointed out, appeals to creativity.

Really excited to hear what people come up with. I'm sure it'll be a challenge for judges to sort through entries. Good luck!

Zac

14 Dec 2017

I've reached my cpu limit now so if i bounce all in place and save the file (which would be unplayable on my pc due to the extra audio lanes). Can i then reopen that file delete all of the original midi devices and save as a new iteration (which will make it playable again). Then if necessary submit all the iterations that show the song progression?

Sorry to be pedantic but it would be daft to be excluded on a technicality :)

Zac

14 Dec 2017

Please say if I'm not being clear and need to redefine my question.. :)

tiker01

14 Dec 2017

Zac wrote:
14 Dec 2017
I've reached my cpu limit now so if i bounce all in place and save the file (which would be unplayable on my pc due to the extra audio lanes). Can i then reopen that file delete all of the original midi devices and save as a new iteration (which will make it playable again). Then if necessary submit all the iterations that show the song progression?

Sorry to be pedantic but it would be daft to be excluded on a technicality :)
Hi,

Yes, just keep the files along the way so you can present the progress if needed ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Zac

14 Dec 2017

Ahornberg

14 Dec 2017

just finished my contribution ...

tiker01

14 Dec 2017

Keep them coming!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

demt

14 Dec 2017

fiddly stuff lyrics!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2017

This is hard.

Well, I've been looking at a Christmas theme, so maybe I'll just focus on a winter, ...

Re8et
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2017

I made it, but I dont know how it can be private and uploaded on soundcloud at same time!!??
I do not have to post it or do I have to made the track hidden???

Ahornberg

16 Dec 2017

Re8et wrote:
16 Dec 2017
I made it, but I dont know how it can be private and uploaded on soundcloud at same time!!??
there's a "private" button when you upload on soundcloud

Re8et
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
16 Dec 2017
Re8et wrote:
16 Dec 2017
there's a "private" button when you upload on soundcloud
I changed it to private, I was not sure about it, that if it's private does mean that only I can ear it or the link I provided would work at all. :?:

faun2500

17 Dec 2017

Shame New Loops wasn't asked to be part of this. We would have been happy to add to it. :(
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

selig
RE Developer

17 Dec 2017

faun2500 wrote:Shame New Loops wasn't asked to be part of this. We would have been happy to add to it. :(
Contact Kenni (admin), would love to have you on board!

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

faun2500

17 Dec 2017

selig wrote:
17 Dec 2017
faun2500 wrote:Shame New Loops wasn't asked to be part of this. We would have been happy to add to it. :(
Contact Kenni (admin), would love to have you on board!

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Thank you :D
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

CaliforniaBurrito

17 Dec 2017

Re8et wrote:
17 Dec 2017
I changed it to private, I was not sure about it, that if it's private does mean that only I can ear it or the link I provided would work at all. :?:
If you change a public link to private then the link you submitted to Reasontalk becomes invalid. Furthermore, you have to click the share button and copy the private link as opposed to just copying the URL. Anybody who has the private link (not the URL) can listen.
Last edited by CaliforniaBurrito on 17 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

WongoTheSane

17 Dec 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
17 Dec 2017
Re8et wrote:
17 Dec 2017
If you change a public link to private then the link you submitted to Reasontalk becomes invalid. Furthermore, you have to click the share button and copy the private link as opposed to just copying the URL.
Well spotted, CaliforniaBurrito. Can you send me the updated link in a pm, Re8et? Thanks!

tiker01

17 Dec 2017

faun2500 wrote:
17 Dec 2017
Shame New Loops wasn't asked to be part of this. We would have been happy to add to it. :(
On the other hand don't worry we will have more competition!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

Kenni
Site Admin

18 Dec 2017

ilikestargazing wrote:
13 Dec 2017
This is the first contest that caught my interest for years. Not as much for the prizes, although great and I really wanna win :P , but rather the wide-cast open call. I think the lack of limitation is great, and, like Zac pointed out, appeals to creativity.

Really excited to hear what people come up with. I'm sure it'll be a challenge for judges to sort through entries. Good luck!
I just realized who's hiding behind that alias of yours! It's literally been years!

Great to see you're participating as well, and good luck! :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

AttenuationHz

18 Dec 2017

Just submitted there. Just wondering if anyone does submit a link that does not work we'll be notified in pm or something right?

Had to rush the submission due to head cold, Suffer terrible with sinuses when I get one. Time to get some hot whiskeys into me!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

WongoTheSane

18 Dec 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
18 Dec 2017
Just submitted there. Just wondering if anyone does submit a link that does not work we'll be notified in pm or something right?

Had to rush the submission due to head cold, Suffer terrible with sinuses when I get one. Time to get some hot whiskeys into me!
Yes, we're on top of that, don't worry! Sorry about the cold, get better soon!

strangers
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2017

Submitted.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else came up with and to be able to share my own creation. This was a lot of fun. The snowy weather here helped keep me in the winter spirit. Best of luck to all!

• Information