Reason 10 installation questions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kitekrazy

22 Nov 2017

Just got the 10 upgrade. I noticed the download file is a bit over 3gb and then when you launch Reason it downloads another 6gb. Where is that other 6gb located? I don't want to download the extras again when I put this on the other machine. BTW I guess when you remove earlier versions of Reason it doesn't deleted the soundbanks. Is it necessary to keep R8 and 9 soundbanks? I'm running Windows 10.

AttenuationHz

22 Nov 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Just got the 10 upgrade. I noticed the download file is a bit over 3gb and then when you launch Reason it downloads another 6gb. Where is that other 6gb located? I don't want to download the extras again when I put this on the other machine. BTW I guess when you remove earlier versions of Reason it doesn't deleted the soundbanks. Is it necessary to keep R8 and 9 soundbanks? I'm running Windows 10.
Its only necessary if you have those Reason versions still installed. You can have those Versions installed if you want to still use them for say collaborating with another user. You can un-install them and re-install them later on your license for those versions will be still Valid.

Link - to Reason installs

Are you on Windows or Mac?

The extra's are downloaded to C:\Users\YOU\Music on Windows maybe someone else can post the Mac location.

If you are short on space you can link the soundbanks and extra content locations and move them to a bigger capacity drive using mklink see this thread for details
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information